Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a season loan for KDB plus 12 million then ok decent deal. Still De Bruyne is better than Schurrle so Leverkusen are ripping us off by wanting him on loan or permanently and 12-15m but hey our board are idiots.

If its a season loan for KDB plus 12 million then ok decent deal. Still De Bruyne is better than Schurrle so Leverkusen are ripping us off by wanting him on loan or permanently and 12-15m but hey our board are idiots.

Doubt he'd go for that little if we're loaning KDB back out. After all, they did reject an offer of around £20m from us IIRC last season.

I don't think he'll ever be here if I'm honest.

All of the top German players are either at Bayern/Dortmund, or they are at least in the Bundesliga. They're very loyal to their clubs and league, and they're clubs never want to sell German internationals. Also, this fact should've really spoke volumes for the Marin signing.
The only regular German internationals outside the Bundesliga are Ozil, Khedira, Podolski and Metesacker, that's it. Only the Real players are of any note.

So I think many here should do what I do and just ignore Schurrle stories.

I'm going to say something unpopular, but in terms of squad make-up Schurrle might be a better fit right now than De Bruyne.

De Bruyne has excelled in a more central position, where we already have Mata and Oscar. What we need in the summer is a winger-cum-striker and Schurrle doesn't just offer that, he offers something completely different to what we already have.

I've hate for us to lose KDB but it does make sense on some level.

A loan makes sense. Leverkusen are 3rd in the league right now which means he'd get a shot at the Champions League and we get the third striker/winger that we need to back-up Lukaku and Ba (maybe).

We still have the problem of what to do with De Bruyne, who I already think is good enough to play a role for us, but it delays it for a year.

If its a loan then i wouldnt mind at all, although i would like to see KDB given a chance here next season. and if we are going to loan KDB as part of a transfer id rather it be Lars Bender.

Can't complain... He's a good addition to an area in which need a bit more depth. Haven't seen much of him this year, but I remember him being technically very good with a tendency to shoot on site. Interested to see how he adapts to the PL if he does indeed sign.

Disappointed that we won't see De Bruyne back here next season, but as The only place to be said, Schurrle and De Bruyne are different players, there's no reason why both can't make it here.

A loan makes sense. Leverkusen are 3rd in the league right now which means he'd get a shot at the Champions League and we get the third striker/winger that we need to back-up Lukaku and Ba (maybe).

We still have the problem of what to do with De Bruyne, who I already think is good enough to play a role for us, but it delays it for a year.

How does a loan make sense? I just get the feeling that we may never see KDB at Chelsea if he gets loaned out to Leverkusen.

With the probable departure of Lampard, there will be a gap in the first team...and I really think KDB can fill that gap in the first team squad, he'd be the perfect rotation player.

How does a loan make sense? I just get the feeling that we may never see KDB at Chelsea if he gets loaned out to Leverkusen.

With the probable departure of Lampard, there will be a gap in the first team...and I really think KDB can fill that gap in the first team squad, he'd be the perfect rotation player.

Exactly, if we learned one thing this season it is that we are too thin a squad. Who will play in the amc/cm while rotating? This is ideal for KDB. Simple as that.