David Luiz

the wes

14 hours ago, Henrique said:

I think Luiz's motivation suffered a huge blow after he realized that despite his great performance last season, Tite wasn't going to call him for this year's World Cup, so his dream of redeeming himself at International level was dead in the water. Its worth noting that Tite announce his last Brazilian squad in October 20. 11 days later Luiz came up with a shocking performance and the team was smashed by Roma. That was Luiz last game as a starting XI.

Luiz problem used to be that he always wanted to give more than he could. He used to be WAY too proactive for a CB. But this season its different, it seems he just doesn't care. He became WAY too passive. His performance against Watford was the typical performance coming from a player that does not give a fuck at all. Even his body language is different. Conte was a fan of Luiz, and out of nowhere he became the 5th CB in the picking order. I don't think Conte would drop Luiz just because of some discussion about his methods, but lack of commitment is a good reason to drop a player.

Ironically, Tite used to love him.

When Chelsea played Corinthians at the WCC, Tite (coaching Corinthians) spoke numerous time how concerned he was about David Luiz in midfield, and how dominant he was in the prior game.

Then, of course the great Benitez moved DL back into defense, against Corinthians. We played like shit and lost with Torres missing his usual sitter.

Not now obviously, but when he was younger (25-26) he should IMO have moved to midfield permanently. Training schedule, even some additional stamina focus training, which would make him a much better player. His weaknesses are far less important and his strengths far more important in midfield than defense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know the saying: "you don't know what you have until it's gone". He was slated when playing for us this season but you can see how much we have missed him. Without him their is the lack of physical presence and calmness he offers. The defence looks so vulnerable and physically inept sometimes without him. Just a shame it is too late now.

You know the saying: "you don't know what you have until it's gone". He was slated when playing for us this season but you can see how much we have missed him. Without him their is the lack of physical presence and calmness he offers. The defence looks so vulnerable and physically inept sometimes without him. Just a shame it is too late now.
Conte doesn't want him in the XI, so his absence makes little difference. AC certainly isn't ready to be a starter

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
9 minutes ago, Stats said:

Conte doesn't want him in the XI, so his absence makes little difference. AC certainly isn't ready to be a starter

He is injured. I am sure if he was fit, Conte would see sense and realise we could do with his experience and presence on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

When has Luiz ever offered calmness? 

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Stats said:

Really? He is for me but he’s made a lot of mistakes recently, he should have been taken out of the 11 yes but there’s no doubts in my mind that he’s ready to play here.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

When has Luiz ever offered calmness? 

Really? He is for me but he’s made a lot of mistakes recently, he should have been taken out of the 11 yes but there’s no doubts in my mind that he’s ready to play here.

I mean calmness on the ball. He is not scared to carry the ball out. But people here are fickle. I like Christensen a lot but people saw him for a few games and labelled him almost as the second coming of Christ without seeing him play a whole length of games for us. That is not taking anything away from him but it just shows that Luiz was not the sole cause for our mistakes as some were suggesting.

11 minutes ago, Stats said:

I mean calmness on the ball. He is not scared to carry the ball out. But people here are fickle. I like Christensen a lot but people saw him for a few games and labelled him almost as the second coming of Christ without seeing him play a whole length of games for us. That is not taking anything away from him but it just shows that Luiz was not the sole cause for our mistakes as some were suggesting.

That’s true. I think if Antonio could have had Luiz fit he’d have given AC a few games out with Luiz in just to take the heat off but I remember seeing Marc Bartra at Barca, he struggled for a while but played through it and has become a pretty decent player so their is cases for both ways. ACs good enough to play for Chelsea a few wobbly moments doesn’t help and I’ve been quite vocal about him making big mistakes in big games but stil think he will be a top player for us.

21 hours ago, Stats said:
He is injured. I am sure if he was fit, Conte would see sense and realise we could do with his experience and presence on the pitch.

He wasn't a started when fit not so long ago. Say anything to displease Conte & you face being pushed out. Hope Luiz stays whilst the former is gone ASAP.

21 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

He's making mistakes on a regular basis and it's totally unacceptable at this level. Can go unnoticed at a middle table German team but not Prem champions. I don't know if this has been the case from the start of the season which went noticed as results followed or something that has crept into his game in 2018.

Ake was slated for the same thing and was deemed "not good enough". Both are in the same bracket for me; potential to be starters but aren't ready yet. Someone like Luiz should certainly be ahead of him as things stand (I know he's injured right now).

Certainly missing his leadership in the team. The “risk” of playing Luiz means naff all these days since we make defensive mistakes all over the gaff all the time. Wish he was fit. 

We miss him in big games especially. 

On 02/04/2018 at 11:54 PM, The Skipper said:

Certainly missing his leadership in the team. The “risk” of playing Luiz means naff all these days since we make defensive mistakes all over the gaff all the time. Wish he was fit. 

Bang on. Certainly the biggest personality we have at the club now.

tough call because i really rate AC. Wonder if we could have a back 3 of Luiz AC Azpi

On 4/3/2018 at 0:54 AM, The Skipper said:

I like Luiz alot, he has great character as you said and it shows on pitch. He offers somethig else when he plays. 

But we have to start looking longterm. We will hopefuly ditch 3 at the back this summer and go back to standard 4:3:3. 

Luiz has simply no place in regular 4 at the back, neither should we bench AC if we stick to 3 CBs. And IMO Christensen with Luiz isnt good choice either. 

Its difficult situation because Luiz is big big character, but he simply doesnt fit in first 11 after AC impressing. 

Idealy he would be kept as backup and someone to motivate in locker room, but then again, we would still lack his character on pitch. Maybe next manager improves him again, the chances are slim though. 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I like Luiz alot, he has great character as you said and it shows on pitch. He offers somethig else when he plays. 

But we have to start looking longterm. We will hopefuly ditch 3 at the back this summer and go back to standard 4:3:3. 

Luiz has simply no place in regular 4 at the back, neither should we bench AC if we stick to 3 CBs. And IMO Christensen with Luiz isnt good choice either. 

Its difficult situation because Luiz is big big character, but he simply doesnt fit in first 11 after AC impressing. 

Idealy he would be kept as backup and someone to motivate in locker room, but then again, we would still lack his character on pitch. Maybe next manager improves him again, the chances are slim though. 

I’m talking this season strictly tbf. 

On 4/6/2018 at 7:08 AM, BlueLyon said:

To me the 3 at the back formation is the best thing and the worst thing that Conte brought to the club...

Best because of the obvious reasons..

Bad because we've stockpiled on players suited to this formation., and also because we seem stuck with it, unable to revert to any traditional 4 at the back formations to yield any success.

To me, this is the biggest cause of concern at the moment. It might have been a better situation if we had smart, skilled wingbacks on both sides but that's not the case. We are suspect defensively and playing with a handicap in terms of attacking options.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

To me the 3 at the back formation is the best thing and the worst thing that Conte brought to the club...

Best because of the obvious reasons..

Bad because we've stockpiled on players suited to this formation., and also because we seem stuck with it, unable to revert to any traditional 4 at the back formations to yield any success.

To me, this is the biggest cause of concern at the moment. It might have been a better situation if we had smart, skilled wingbacks on both sides but that's not the case. We are suspect defensively and playing with a handicap in terms of attacking options.

If we go in 4:3:3 next season, we need 3-4 players to make it happen, ie LB (Bertrand), 1-2 CMs and new RW (Bailey). Something that is absolutely possible.

If we want to stick with current formation, we need two new wingbacks because lets be honest, those we have are not good enough (Alonso is quality, but he is simply too slow and IMO that slows down whole team), we need RW and CM.

So its quite similar, but the board needs to make a decision. Personaly I would go back to 4 atb, because more coaches are suited for it and secondly, 4 atb is the way to go in CL.

Also, despite we won the league last season, we were bullied by Spurs in both games. The midfield was piss. Thats why we need to have 3 midfielders (4:3:3). We could also play 3:5.2, but that means one less winger. I dont like we would have body less in attack, so I would simply move back to 4:3:3

Thankfuly, all coaches we were linked were more of a 4ATB fans.