David Luiz

the wes

17 minutes ago, yuvala said:

Well didn't Mou let Lukaku go and then bought him for 90M ?

One was an underdeveloped striker with no patience, but generally fits Mou's preferences. He wanted to leave. Luiz wasn't and isn't a defender in Mourinho's mould, he's a finished product and won't change, he was pushed out. He can still refine Lukaku, but he's already tall and strong so pretty much everything he looks for.

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

One was an underdeveloped striker with no patience, but generally fits Mou's preferences. He wanted to leave. Luiz wasn't and isn't a defender in Mourinho's mould, he's a finished product and won't change, he was pushed out. He can still refine Lukaku, but he's already tall and strong so pretty much everything he looks for.

Yea, you're probably right.

5 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Is this the same knee Aguero tried to remove last December?

That's what I'm wondering as well. The time between switching between to three at the back and that tackle, he was immense. It seemed like he never got back to that form.

Don't know if he actually has an injury, but I hope he's not done away with. Because he's the best ball playing defender in our team. And when you watch the game against West ham, you can clearly see how sorely Chelsea lack one. Because much time is spend in just passing the ball among the defence line because none of them know what pass to play to start an attack. Luis is the best to overcome this problem and for this reason I hope he gets back in the team.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Im wondering if this "injury" isnt cover for something else going behind curtains...

If its real injury, then I hope he returns soon. But from Conte comments it looks nasty.

Think the injury is real. Even before the reported bust-up, there were some stories about Luiz still having issues with the knee after THAT Aguero tackle last season and worth remembering that we also saw his knee heavily strapped on some occasions.

If Luiz is injured or not think he’ll end up leaving and even if he doesn’t, Christensen will remain in the starting 11 undoubtedly. Think he probably has fallen out with Conte over questioning his tactics and the whole training alone thing. 

There was a similar thing with Sturridge years ago before he left for Liverpool, he was reportedly injured but moved to Liverpool and it turned out he wasn’t injured. People were saying he had fallen out with staff or that he had been asked to train alone etc. How true that was I don’t know.

56 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Luiz is injured or not think he’ll end up leaving and even if he doesn’t, Christensen will remain in the starting 11 undoubtedly. Think he probably has fallen out with Conte over questioning his tactics and the whole training alone thing. 

There was a similar thing with Sturridge years ago before he left for Liverpool, he was reportedly injured but moved to Liverpool and it turned out he wasn’t injured. People were saying he had fallen out with staff or that he had been asked to train alone etc. How true that was I don’t know.

Agreed. He is surely leaving after this season no doubt. Conte's comments were clear, thing is we need to replace him meaning more money needed to be spend. With our track records in the last few years means less money to reinforce our attack.

If he leaves again, it was worth it. I thought he was fantastic as a whole on his return. 

He has achieved everything with out club now, and for me, will go down as one of my all time favourites. Way too criticised whenever he played, but that is the path it takes sometimes when you get a reputation early. 

I think the board would be idiots once again if we sell him. 

Money is one thing, but its far from everything. Just because we would get couple millions for Luiz, doesnt make it right thing to do.

Luiz is positive character, knows the club and is at age when he can contribute in many ways. 

But i have no doubt the board will ship him off as soon as they smell couple millions, because heeey he isnt in starting eleven. The board would probably sell entire bench if the money was right...

Bunch of idiots running the club no wonder we have no depth if we treat non starters in such shitty way.

Conte is a child too if he cant get over and talk to Luiz and solve the situation in normal conversation instead. 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I think the board would be idiots once again if we sell him. 

Money is one thing, but its far from everything. Just because we would get couple millions for Luiz, doesnt make it right thing to do.

Luiz is positive character, knows the club and is at age when he can contribute in many ways. 

But i have no doubt the board will ship him off as soon as they smell couple millions, because heeey he isnt in starting eleven. The board would probably sell entire bench if the money was right...

Bunch of idiots running the club no wonder we have no depth if we treat non starters in such shitty way.

Conte is a child too if he cant get over and talk to Luiz and solve the situation in normal conversation instead. 

Honestly disagree with this. 

If your any player and you’ve got the balls to question the managers tactics then you should be man enough to take the circumstances regardless if it means being benched, dropped completely or being sold. End of story. The board and owner (who were more behind signing Luiz than Conte was) would be backing the coach.

We aren’t exactly short at CB and quite frankly there will always be good center backs available in football. Even if Luiz goes in January or say we wait to the summer, it’s an easy thing to fix because Kurt Zouma comes back. Before his injury for me he was by far our most consistent defender. Sure we’ve added but I don’t think his defensive side was ever an issue for him but positional and being comfortable with possession. If anything we lose Luiz we aren’t in the worst position because Christensen has shown he is more than capable of playing at a very high level at such an age.

Will we even need so many CBs if Conte doesn’t stay beyond the summer as well? Talk of Carlo coming back, although maybe just rumours makes me wonder. If we go back to a back 4 Azpi, Christensen and Rudiger won’t be going anywhere.

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly disagree with this. 

If your any player and you’ve got the balls to question the managers tactics then you should be man enough to take the circumstances regardless if it means being benched, dropped completely or being sold. End of story. The board and owner (who were more behind signing Luiz than Conte was) would be backing the coach.

We aren’t exactly short at CB and quite frankly there will always be good center backs available in football. Even if Luiz goes in January or say we wait to the summer, it’s an easy thing to fix because Kurt Zouma comes back. Before his injury for me he was by far our most consistent defender. Sure we’ve added but I don’t think his defensive side was ever an issue for him but positional and being comfortable with possession. If anything we lose Luiz we aren’t in the worst position because Christensen has shown he is more than capable of playing at a very high level at such an age.

Will we even need so many CBs if Conte doesn’t stay beyond the summer as well? Talk of Carlo coming back, although maybe just rumours makes me wonder. If we go back to a back 4 Azpi, Christensen and Rudiger won’t be going anywhere.

Its only right he was benched if he disagreed with tactics, but to make final decision so quick that he has no future here is childlish. 

One thing is showing whos the boss and benching a player, something else is to be stubborn and decide you have no place here anymore because of that one disagreement. 

Luiz might want out now yes, but thats partly because the way we treat players.

Same was with Costa and Matic after they recieved news of probably not being in first 11 anymore. Im sure not being in first 11 was not the main issue, but the handling of it. Matic even said he didnt feel important enough to the team. We had great players on bench in past, but we knew how to deal with them, how to make them feel important. Now its just one big pile of shit handling by the board.

Im sure selling Matic and Costa was smart decision back then, but was it realy? 

We would definately have great use of them right now (IF we knew how to handle them and make them happy enough, matic and moreso Costa would hold no grudges like they do now). 

I understand certain player here and there simply has to leave, its best for all, but at Chelsea we have such cases every year. The problem is definately not only in players. 

We have become a factory, there is little love and trust for the players, from academy to seniors. 

You can see Essien, Cole, Riccy, Ballack,...speak incredibly highly of our club even today. Do you see that in newer generations? Matic went straight ahead he never played for better club than United when he joined them. 

We sell the players before they get that status, and we do that for bit more profit? Yes it benefits us so well doesnt it?...we were stacked years ago and made everyone happy. Nowdays we have absolute average bench because we cant keep players and even the likes of Willian consider leaving as soon they dont play for 3 games. 

And Luiz isnt just another CB. I think he is highly pivotal in dressing room and that cant be underestimated. Costa was too and many players mentioned that. It would be mistake selling him. 

Only decent reason would be to get lets say 30m for him and spend that ON ACTUAL FUCKIN QUALITY PLAYER. But it will be just another Matic for Drinkwater 35m case.

The club went to average in ambition, saying we are saving is just poor excuse. 

There's simply no other player we could buy who'd be equal to Luiz's level for the transfer fee he'd probably go for. We can only get in a worse player, with less love for the club, & less personality.

It is totally childish if he's actually being phased out. There's plenty of space for him when you reconsider his ability in midfield. He improved as a defender during his time with PSG; surely his all-round game then has improved, and he'd be a more consistent force in the middle? He's no worse than Bakayoko, and offers somewhat ambitious passing which goes missing when Fabregas is benched. He's an absolutely useful player, lovely person, and that's that. So sad if he goes.

Really don't want him to go.  I know that CB is actually one of the positions we have any depth at, but we only have 2 with the ball skills and passing range to play in the middle of the back 3.

I'm also not really holding out any hope for Zouma.  I think he would be good as a defender in a deep backline because he's so solid, but I have doubts about his ability on the ball.  I think he's worse on the ball than Cahill and we see how much stick he gets.

I'm always one for keeping good personalities and likeable characters around.

The problem here is the outlook from the clubs perspective. They will see this as bucket loads of cash rather than the bigger picture. Selling a player of Luiz's quality is all well and good but the way the club are they will replace with someone of lesser quality rather than adding to the cash and bringing in an elite player.

I will say what I have said for a long time now...expect more Drinkwaters and Zappacosta's to arrive, whilst it fattens the squad it doesn't add quality.

Phasing him out and selling him only makes sense if there's long-term plan in place to play four at the back once we get a world class left-back. If we continue with 3ATB, Luiz will be an incredibly useful part of the squad and should be kept as long as possible. Right now unfortunately we don't know which formation we'll use in the near future since nobody even knows who's the manager at the club next season.