Seydou Doumbia

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, this is just rubbish. Only being linked with us because of his nationality and ethnicity being the same as Drogba's.

He's most likely going to be joining AS Roma in Serie A for around £17mil.

Guess I'm the only one who likes this guy..

I like him too but I have to admit I've only seen him play in the Champions League and that's not enough to say if he's good enough to be Drogba's replacement and if he's worth anywhere near that £24m mentioned. From what I've seen he looks to be a good finisher with explosive pace and likes to receive through balls from the midfielders. Kind of reminds me of Torres when he was at his best.

I have to say it would be fitting if Drogba's own countryman came in and took his old #11 shirt. :ph34r:

Yeh I doubt the story myself. I think though, IIRC, in the past he's said he would like to play for Chelsea

Yeah, he's actually said many times he's supported us since he was young.

If we are looking for Torres' backup, why don't we just pay 7M for Demba Ba?

Because we need to prepare ourselves to the fact Torres may fail badly again next season and we need a viable option if that were to be the case. Someone like Doumbia or Jovetic would be great.

As for Demba Ba, he only scored one goal since the arrival of his fellow countryman Papiss Cisse in January so he clearly doesn't play well if he's not the main man. Of course Ba was forced to play at LW sometimes but that's not an excuse for playing very badly and he should have scored more. Also Ba's knees are a problem and he was lucky to go through last season without injuring himself. If we bought Ba and he turned out to be shit when forced to be Torres' backup or he got injured, what would we do then? For £7m I know there's not much risk but still... And who says he would only cost £7m?

Because we need to prepare ourselves to the fact Torres may fail badly again next season and we need a viable option if that were to be the case. Someone like Doumbia or Jovetic would be great.

As for Demba Ba, he only scored one goal since the arrival of his fellow countryman Papiss Cisse in January so he clearly doesn't play well if he's not the main man. Of course Ba was forced to play at LW sometimes but that's not an excuse for playing very badly and he should have scored more. Also Ba's knees are a problem and he was lucky to go through last season without injuring himself. If we bought Ba and he turned out to be shit when forced to be Torres' backup or he got injured, what would we do then? For £7m I know there's not much risk but still... And who says he would only cost £7m?

7M is reportedly his release clause amount. I think the rotation of Torres, Ba, Lukaku and Sturridge should be more than sufficient. Doumbia at 25M seems like too much of a risk both finance-wise and football-wise.

He supports Chelsea. I remember I read some time ago that he would like to join us. He is a good player, but I don't think he is at the world class level we really need atm, though I don't follow CSKA regularly.

Do I want him as a backup? No. We already have 2 Lukaku and Sturridge there.

Last year he was tremendous and it looked like nothing would prevent him from going to the top club, but since African Cup of Nations Doumbia has been pretty average and sometimes even downright awful, so I am not sure that he is the right player for Chelsea. Also, CSKA has huge problems with strikers and unless they sign someone equal I doubt that they will let him go.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You