Joao Moutinho has joined AS Monaco

Same goes for nearly every job in the world. You are being way to idealistic about football.

That is why I football curently sucks balls. Because everything comes down to who will pay the wages, and not the player's self - motivation to go to the best club possible and guide his way to the top.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L'Equipe saying Monaco have agreed deals for all Falcao, Tevez and Moutinho. If that's true and they're going to sign even more top class players, going there won't be just about the money because they will have a team that's capable of challenging for the title and even in Europe within a couple of years. And let's face it, who wouldn't want to live in Monaco? Getting more money than elsewhere is purely a bonus.

Their potential XI if they manage to sign most of their targets:

Falcao

Tevez - Ocampos - Menez

Moutinho Cabaye

Assou-Ekotto - ??? - ??? - Debuchy

Valdes

That's pretty good, isn't it?

Nice team...except Valdes as goalkeeper.

I'm sure they'll be able to attract a better keeper than Valdes...they clearly aren't worried about spending money.

...There's nothing wrong with wanting to play in Ligue 1... :ph34r: Not everyone needs to play in the Premier League, and not everyone gets offers from the top clubs in Germany/Spain while Italy is on the decline.

LOL, you are so ridiculous at times...

Ligue 1 is not better than Brazileirao, so why does Neymar need to move to prove himself but Moutinho can spend his whole career at Portugal and France (League 2) and that is not a problem?

Funny contradiction!

Ligue 1 is not better than Brazileirao

I didn't say it was :blink: But it's typical considered in the top 5 leagues. PL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1. Then there's what are considered 'smaller' leagues in Holland, Brazil, Turkey, Greece, Portugal, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium and Scotland.

so why does Neymar need to move to prove himself

Did I say he does? :blink:

but Moutinho can spend his whole career at Portugal and France (League 2) and that is not a problem?

Monaco are now a Ligue 1 team assuming their tax problem is resolved and at 26 years of age it's not exactly his whole career. I doubt he'd be at Monaco for the rest of his footballing life.

France is a top league with top players. Thiago Silva = Best central defender in the world. Plays in France.

Ibrahimovic = Consistently one of the top strikers in the world. Plays in France.

Lavezzi = One of the best 2nd-strikers in world football. Plays in France.

Falcao = One of the best strikers in the world, potentially about to play in France.

Azpilicueta, our great new right-back, just came from France.

Eden Hazard, that cool Belgian bloke, just came from France.

France produces top talent and is a league known for it's flair players. The only crap thing about the league really is the poor vocal support in stadiums.

PSG are a threat in the Champions League. Monaco will be a threat in the Champions League. Teams like Lyon and Marseille, at times, can be threats in the Champions League.

I don't see why someone wouldn't want to play in a league with such extraordinary talent in such a lovely country.

Moutinho has proven himself in the Champions League with Porto as well as with his national team on numerous occasions.

Neymar is yet to play even 5 games against top club opposition and is inconsistent for the NT.

I didn't say it was :blink: But it's typical considered in the top 5 leagues. PL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1. Then there's what are considered 'smaller' leagues in Holland, Brazil, Turkey, Greece, Portugal, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium and Scotland.

Did I say he does? :blink:

Yes, you did! :lol:

You said Neymar plays in a small league and he needs to play in a top European country to prove himself (which I absolutely agree)...

However, when you try to defend Moutinho's supposed move for Monaco, you say not everyone needs to play in German/England/Spain to prove themselves!

Monaco are now a Ligue 1 team assuming their tax problem is resolved and at 26 years of age it's not exactly his whole career. I doubt he'd be at Monaco for the rest of his footballing life.

LOL, have you stopped to think about what is written in that sentence?

You cant say Monaco are a Ligue 1 team "assuming" their tax issue is resolved. It is like saying a big player will sign for Watford because they are now an EPL team assuming they win their next game. ;)

Also, 26 years is right at a player's prime. He either moves to a top club or he will be forever a waist...

Moutinho has proven himself in the Champions League with Porto as well as with his national team on numerous occasions.

Neymar is yet to play even 5 games against top club opposition and is inconsistent for the NT.

Moutinho has proven himself outside Portugal by doing what exactly?

There is no excuse other than money for Joao Moutinho to choose a super small League 2 team rather than Chelsea or whatever.

You can say he has every right to choose money over football, but you cant start doing shit comparisons and deluded player ratings to justify such a move!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Everything I just said applies to Falcao, Hulk and Neymar (if he end up in Santos or another small club) as well.

LOL, you are so ridiculous at times...

Ligue 1 is not better than Brazileirao, so why does Neymar need to move to prove himself but Moutinho can spend his whole career at Portugal and France (League 2) and that is not a problem?

Funny contradiction!

i have to say ligue 1 is better than liga do brasil. i do rate the brazillian league quite highly and there are some good sides like miniero , fluminense ect. but the top teams in france are better.

@Rmpr, Shuttup and accept the fact that nobody want to visit or live in Brazil. It's the scum of the earth a second world country. Not even worth my time typing this out. That's how I see Brazil.

Whatcha gonna do about it?

There's a 188 page thread on the Spurs forum about this guy. :wank2:

Yet another kick in the nuts for Spuds. Oh well. Personally I'm happy to see decent players fuck off to France. It's the closest approximation to 'if they won't play for us I don't want them playing for anyone'. Same goes for Falcao - I don't want us wasting money on him but I don't want him going to a rival, so he can fuck-off to some principality that effectively renders him anonymous for a year or two.

There is no excuse other than money for Joao Moutinho to choose a super small League 2 team rather than Chelsea or whatever.

You can say he has every right to choose money over football, but you cant start doing shit comparisons and deluded player ratings to justify such a move!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS Monaco is anything but a small club. They were the club that knocked us out of CL semis 2004. With an investor, potential tax heaven - they will be a force to be reckoned with if they play their cards right. Ligue 1 is on the rise with PSG, Lyon, Marseille and now Monaco challenging for the title. CLubs like Lille, St Etienne and Montpellier will only fuel the fire and make it more interesting.

Domestic

Europe [edit]