Club links up with Sauber F1 team

Igi26

Don't think we will get any money since they will put the Chelsea logo on their car while Chelsea will put advertisement for them in return, but it's very good advertisement for the Chelsea brand since millions watch the F1.

Why not? Ads=more exposure=more interest=more money. If advertising revenue exceeds advertising expenses (i.e. space cost), then both parties will profit. We'll have to wait and see how fruitful it will be. I'm surprised this is a unique deal as of yet, considering that Berlusconi owns AC Milan and Briatore was the chairman of QPR.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? Ads=more exposure=more interest=more money. If advertising revenue exceeds advertising expenses (i.e. space cost), then both parties will get profit.

I meant that we won't get any money directly from Sauber like we do from Samsung for example. But yes I agree, it looks like a good deal for both parties.

Like the aussies have invented or can play any sport worth talking about.........

We own at many sports, most notably Cricket and Rugby, 2 of the most popular sports in the world. Americans can play there little NFL and Baseball, rest of the world doesn't really care for those sports :Goober:

We own at many sports, most notably Cricket and Rugby, 2 of the most popular sports in the world. Americans can play there little NFL and Baseball, rest of the world doesn't really care for those sports :Goober:

Hahahahaha...And you cautiously missed basketball right, which you guys are try so hard to get good at or thats not classified under American sports.....When you can call a cricket or rugby player that earns half as much as an NFL or baseball player then you have little to talk about and when cricket and rugby can get over 100million television views for their world cup finals then you can say it is more popular....Least i remind you that as much as you hate the sports its freaking airs millions of miles in aussie, trust me bro nobody is gonna waste their tv space out here showing cricket or rugby...

And i dont remember aussies invented either of those sports....Whats the name of that rugby or football look alike thingy y'all invented?

And i dont remember aussies invented either of those sports....Whats the name of that rugby or football look alike thingy y'all invented?

NFL is just rugby for pussies. Wearing all the body armour and helmets.

Why is the baseball called the world series?

NFL is just rugby for pussies. Wearing all the body armour and helmets.

Why is the baseball called the world series?

Cos we care more about our players...What is the point of playing a sport that will leave you permanent brain damaged or worse all because you are trying to act tough and wanna be macho and the worse part is they get paid way less than those that play like "pussies".....Hahaha :D they protect themselves while playing a sport they love and smile to the bank with a fat pay check....

Until some other baseball league out there comes out and challenges the MLB it is the best in the world and as such the World Series can be term the baseball World cup since no one else is challenging or trying to start some other kind of World known baseball tournament...Until then its gonna be the World Series

Hahahahaha...And you cautiously missed basketball right, which you guys are try so hard to get good at or thats not classified under American sports.....When you can call a cricket or rugby player that earns half as much as an NFL or baseball player then you have little to talk about and when cricket and rugby can get over 100million television views for their world cup finals then you can say it is more popular....Least i remind you that as much as you hate the sports its freaking airs millions of miles in aussie, trust me bro nobody is gonna waste their tv space out here showing cricket or rugby...

Brother, cricket is followed religiously by the second largest country in the world. Any time the Indian cricket team is playing Pakistan, the global TV audience is estimated at half a billion viewers, and if you add on those who cannot afford a TV and follow it on radio, the number swells a further 100 million.

That's bigger than the FIFA World Cup Final, UEFA Champions League Final and Superbowl audience's combined. So don't come at us like its only an Aussie sport, fact is cricket is bigger than any American sport, or any sport in the world for that matter excluding football.

Another of your points that US sports are aired worldwide is true, but that's not a reflection that said sports are actually any good, its that US cultural and geopolitical imperialism is such that its broadcast pretty much everywhere. If, on Superbowl day, in India, there was a cricket match featuring the Indian cricket team, the Superbowl wold get about 5 viewers. The same goes for the rest of the world, in Europe, Superbowl would get lol'd at if there were football matches on, in Australia if we had any of our sports/British sports excluding football competing against the Superbowl, it would be a no contest.

Now onto money. As the biggest economy in the world, it makes perfect sense that American elite sportspeople earn more than their foreign counterparts. You have more disposable money to throw around at sports stars than the rest of the world, there's no way the rest of the world can compete, though football makes a pretty good fist of it.

And I'm pretty sure courtesy of the large South Asian diaspora in the US, important cricket matches are broadcasted.

Like the aussies have invented or can play any sport worth talking about.........

We're better than you at football, the only sport that really counts as a global game. Despite the USA having a population nearly 15 times the size of ours.

Excluding football, for nearly all of crickets history (barring a couple of periods of shitness between the 70s and 90s, and 1900s-20s), particularly the last 20 years, we have been untouchable. It's usually ourselves and New Zealand and sometimes South Africa that are the at the top of rugby union. We're by far the best nation at rugby league. We have historically dominated tennis, though that's not the case anymore, with apologies to Rod Laver. We're improving every year at cycling and we regularly punch above our weight in Olympic events.

The reason we are the best sporting nation bar none despite half our population being overweight? It is central to our national identity. As a nation we've only existed 111 years, most of the world probably couldn't even find us on the map, no less realise some of the greatest advancements of the last 150 years or so were Australian made (e.g. penicillin as medicine). Few would have heard of us if we weren't good at sport, its why we place such importance on our sporting teams. Whereas everyone on the planet has probably heard of the USA regardless of the nationality of Kobe Bryant or Tiger Woods or Andre Agassi.

We're better than you at football, the only sport that really counts as a global game. Despite the USA having a population nearly 15 times the size of ours.

Excluding football, for nearly all of crickets history (barring a couple of periods of shitness between the 70s and 90s, and 1900s-20s), particularly the last 20 years, we have been untouchable. It's usually ourselves and New Zealand and sometimes South Africa that are the at the top of rugby union. We're by far the best nation at rugby league. We have historically dominated tennis, though that's not the case anymore, with apologies to Rod Laver. We're improving every year at cycling and we regularly punch above our weight in Olympic events.

The reason we are the best sporting nation bar none despite half our population being overweight? It is central to our national identity. As a nation we've only existed 111 years, most of the world probably couldn't even find us on the map, no less realise some of the greatest advancements of the last 150 years or so were Australian made (e.g. penicillin as medicine). Few would have heard of us if we weren't good at sport, its why we place such importance on our sporting teams. Whereas everyone on the planet has probably heard of the USA regardless of the nationality of Kobe Bryant or Tiger Woods or Andre Agassi.

Where did you finish in the 2010 World Cup?....We won a group which had England in it remember, drawing the game with England...Thats what i thought...And for the half a billion people that watch cricket, the highest paid cricketer is only worth 10mill which means those views are not the the count when it comes to dishing out the pay check for rights (you can research the how much the cricket world cup made from ads compared to the World Cup, UEFA Champions League or the Super Bowl, of these three i think only the world makes more money from ads than the super bowl)....You went on about what aussies have done in the last 100 and so years but name 2 Americans that are more popular than any sportsman/ athlete that has ever come out of aussie..What is your fucking point?...As much as you hate our sports, it airs on your tv and our athletes are more popular and make twice more money than yours....Your point exactly is?...Like for real we should do a poll about aussie most popular athlete vs Tim Tebow, doing a poll with Kobe, Woods, Lebron James, Clint Dempsey and you forgot that there was a man called Michael fucking Jordan....I have named a number of American athletes that a good percentage of your population the world knows, now can you name just 1 that the worlds knows like the names up there?.....If pple are talking in sports, aussie do a favor please and shut the fuck up, i have had enough of y'all thinking you can diss the "Yahks" sports....

Brother, cricket is followed religiously by the second largest country in the world. Any time the Indian cricket team is playing Pakistan, the global TV audience is estimated at half a billion viewers, and if you add on those who cannot afford a TV and follow it on radio, the number swells a further 100 million.

You are underestimating.

India has a population of 1.2b. When india play Pakistan, 3/4th of the country stops which means 800-900m. Roads are empty, people who dont have TV stand outside TV stores to watch the game or gather outside any shop or store that has a TV. Add to that Pakistan's viewers. a country with a population of 200m is more obsessed with indian than india is with them. 100m watchers from Pakistan. Add to that Indians and Pakistanis living abroad assuming 13m.

Therefore you are looking at a a figure of more than a billion viewers. Thats more than Superbowl and Champions League put together.

Where did you finish in the 2010 World Cup?....We won a group which had England in it remember, drawing the game with England...Thats what i thought...And for the half a billion people that watch cricket, the highest paid cricketer is only worth 10mill which means those views are not the the count when it comes to dishing out the pay check for rights (you can research the how much the cricket world cup made from ads compared to the World Cup, UEFA Champions League or the Super Bowl, of these three i think only the world makes more money from ads than the super bowl)....You went on about what aussies have done in the last 100 and so years but name 2 Americans that are more popular than any sportsman/ athlete that has ever come out of aussie..What is your fucking point?...As much as you hate our sports, it airs on your tv and our athletes are more popular and make twice more money than yours....Your point exactly is?...Like for real we should do a poll about aussie most popular athlete vs Tim Tebow, doing a poll with Kobe, Woods, Lebron James, Clint Dempsey and you forgot that there was a man called Michael fucking Jordan....I have named a number of American athletes that a good percentage of your population the world knows, now can you name just 1 that the worlds knows like the names up there?.....If pple are talking in sports, aussie do a favor please and shut the fuck up, i have had enough of y'all thinking you can diss the "Yahks" sports....

Speaking of world cup, NZ was the only team not to lose a game! Did USA loose a game? Yup!

You can't compare Aussie to USA in terms of athletes, or anything for that matter. 60% of Americans probably don't even know where Australia is

when cricket and rugby can get over 100million television views for their world cup finals then you can say it is more popular...

The figures I gave in my previous post to the Aussie guy is for a normal indo-Pak One day Internations consider a Final between them, and the ad space rates are through the roofs.

You are underestimating.

India has a population of 1.2b. When india play Pakistan, 3/4th of the country stops which means 800-900m. Roads are empty, people who dont have TV stand outside TV stores to watch the game or gather outside any shop or store that has a TV. Add to that Pakistan's viewers. a country with a population of 200m is more obsessed with indian than india is with them. 100m watchers from Pakistan. Add to that Indians and Pakistanis living abroad assuming 13m.

Therefore you are looking at a a figure of more than a billion viewers. Thats more than Superbowl and Champions League put together.

Wow, forgive my ignorance i honestly didnt know that....I dont watch cricket and really have no idea about it, but you dont see me coming around bitching about a cricket game going on for more than 12hours or knocking off those that play or watch the sport, is it wrong to demand the same?.....