Club links up with Sauber F1 team

Igi26

It is actualy pretty cool having the Chelsea logo on the side of the car.

It would be funny if barca got a car too and our car dominated them!

Anyone know how good this race team is?

If i catch a race on the telly, ill be rooting for this guy!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats great news, but better if they had partnership with Lotos F1 :D

Haters gonna het :D

They are not really bad this season. Sixth out of twelve with 31 points.

It is actualy pretty cool having the Chelsea logo on the side of the car.

It would be funny if barca got a car too and our car dominated them!

If i catch a race on the telly, ill be rooting for this guy!

I'll assume F1 is like cycling, in which case the Chelsea car would sit behind the Barcelona car for nearly the entire race and then make a cheeky late attack with about 10 metres left to go to win it. Barcelona would pull an Andy Schleck and keep nervously twisting it's neck for a non-existent threat.

Will sauber be a new shirt sponsor?

I Will really miss samsung if so :(

Sauber would be a major downgrade from Samsung (can a sports team even be a main sponsor? especially considering they are probably less wealthy than chelsea)... Samsung is one of the biggest corporations in the world and no way will they terminate the contract now that we have reached two finals. I imagine it's just a partnership/affiliation between two sports teams.

From WAGNH -

News today of a

commercial and technical partnership between Chelsea FC and the Sauber Formula 1 team did not interest or excite me too much initially.

While it's nice that the Chelsea logo will be displayed on the engine covers of the racing team, increasing

Chelsea's worldwide exposure, I'm not sure if we'll ever see any tangible effects of the partnership on the field of play. Sure, they could share ideas and technology in sports medicine (and business/marketing), but unless they're ready to strap a KERS device on our players, this will all be happening in the background, away from our prying eyes.

I can't help but notice, however, just how awesome the timing of all of this is. The partnership had apparently been teased in the previous two Grand Prix (China and Bahrain) with "Out of the blue" and "True Blue" cryptically written on the cars. I didn't notice...but then again...Sauber (yeah, yeah, Sergio Perez actually looks like a real deal).

But things get more obvious from this point on. During tomorrow's testing session in Italy, the Sauber cars will display a "Welcome Chelsea FC" message and then they go The Full Monty with the Chelsea logo at this weekend's race.

This weekend's race is the Spanish Grand Prix.

...the Grand Prix that is held at the

Circuit de Catalunya...

...the circuit just north of the city of

Barcelona...

...the city also home to a certain "Best Team in the World".

And now the fans of said "Best Team" will get to watch a couple cars zoom around the racetrack with the logo of the team that so "cruelly", "unjustly", and"unfairly" eliminated their beloved FC Barcelona from the Champions League!

Trololololololololoooooo...

:lol:

http://www.weaintgot...grand-prix-logo