Spike

This guy can talk. I respect him. There are vital key issues where I can debate with him, but I have to admit, his thoughts are very well organized and he knows he to address the public

Well after reading your thoughts I have to say it's very well put.

My main and only concern is still with the Iranian and Hezbollah connection.

Hezbollah is a more dangerous organization then Al Qaeda, and look at what they did in September 11?

I don't think such organization should have the capability to produce weapons of mass destruction.

About people mentioning why Iran cannot have WMD and USA can?

Well who are the major and super powers in the world?

When Egypt rule the world ages ago, they made the rules right?

When Babylon rule the world ages ago, they made the rules right?

When Persia rule the world ages ago, they made the rules right?

So in this case the biggest super power, have the ability to control such weapons, but their enemies not. And is Iran an enemy? Yes, so they can't have it.

The good thing about this super power is that despite them being hypocrite, it is the only super power in the entire history of super power where democracy rules.

I mean we have freedom of speech, freedom of religion and can say mostly anything we want. In the past, if we said anything against the government we would be dead!

That is my view why countries like Iran cannot have WMD.

Now where do I stand with this? Well like the General said in the video I shared, if Iran has one WMD then who cares. You can do damage with one WMD but nothing sustain and nothing to retaliate.

To create your nuclear arsenal, now that's something else. And for the major powers in the world to have one of your enemies with a nuclear arsenal, it's not wise at all.

I might disagree on minor issues, but I respect your opinion. Me and the General ( I am not praising myself at all, it is just common knowledge in my region) agree on many things. We came to a conclusion that a strike on Iran will cause heavy retaliation and it will be very bloody on Iran and Israel. He said they have to do it ( in spite of him clearly stating that they DON'T have a weapon and he doesn't know by when they will have it, and that one weapon means nothing). I am totally against the blood shed or such preemptive strike. What is your opinion@Fernando, ? :) Strike or no strike?

I might disagree on minor issues, but I respect your opinion. Me and the General ( I am not praising myself at all, it is just common knowledge in my region) agree on many things. We came to a conclusion that a strike on Iran will cause heavy retaliation and it will be very bloody on Iran and Israel. He said they have to do it ( in spite of him clearly stating that they DON'T have a weapon and he doesn't know by when they will have it, and that one weapon means nothing). I am totally against the blood shed or such preemptive strike. What is your opinion@Fernando, ? :) Strike or no strike?

Tough one to say.

Because USA did it and left them with an egg on their face. To do such things you must have define prove to back your actions and USA did not.

Now there's a difference between USA and Israel. If Israel does such thing is to defend their existence. When USA does such things it was to defend their interest in oil and such.

Id say giving the threats that such countries has made against the existence of Israel, they might have things to worry about.

Well after reading your thoughts I have to say it's very well put.

My main and only concern is still with the Iranian and Hezbollah connection.

Hezbollah is a more dangerous organization then Al Qaeda, and look at what they did in September 11?

I don't think such organization should have the capability to produce weapons of mass destruction.

About people mentioning why Iran cannot have WMD and USA can?

Well who are the major and super powers in the world?

When Egypt rule the world ages ago, they made the rules right?

When Babylon rule the world ages ago, they made the rules right?

When Persia rule the world ages ago, they made the rules right?

So in this case the biggest super power, have the ability to control such weapons, but their enemies not. And is Iran an enemy? Yes, so they can't have it.

The good thing about this super power is that despite them being hypocrite, it is the only super power in the entire history of super power where democracy rules.

I mean we have freedom of speech, freedom of religion and can say mostly anything we want. In the past, if we said anything against the government we would be dead!

That is my view why countries like Iran cannot have WMD.

Now where do I stand with this? Well like the General said in the video I shared, if Iran has one WMD then who cares. You can do damage with one WMD but nothing sustain and nothing to retaliate.

To create your nuclear arsenal, now that's something else. And for the major powers in the world to have one of your enemies with a nuclear arsenal, it's not wise at all.

I know what you mean.

Hezbollah have discipline and is more like a mini-state with politics, army, schools (I've watched a documentary where it was said that their schools were very good in science, math, english).

Al Quaida is a creation of secret services who is using nutcases to destabilize regions.

The problem - Lybia being an example- is that after the fighting, they lack skills to lead and is difficult to control once you've started the party.

I don't understand why Us and their allies use those kind of people as these people can also be used by Russian and other states as those organisations have no real hierarchy and a great number of people can be influenced as they are stupid.

That's why I would have more respect for an Hezbollah organisation as they have structures, clear political hierarchy and their troops act with the same discipline as military as Hezbollah have proved in 2006 during the Israel advance in the Lebanon territory and now in Syria to win back territories from the Djihadis.

As Fulham Broadway pointed out, they are as bad as each other. Though, it all depends of the perspective which is worse for you. It's impossible for me to describe or carry on the experience that Soviet Union brought to Estonia, 360 degree deadly circle where corruption is the only way to function or achieve something. There's no need to point fingers and say this side or that side is naive, ignorant and should not follow mainstream media because it is biased. Both Russian and European media are biased but don't forget that Russia is a direct participant in this conflict so their media must be even more concentrated in order to show their country as martyr as possible, drawing a halo on Putin's head. Try researching about media freedom and how centrally influenced media is in different countries. I'm sure every report outside of Russia will depict the latter as a very undemocratic country with media held on tight leash to CONTROL the majority, to insert a type of knowledge into their minds as they please. Ignorance is a bliss afterall.

Why should Ukraine give up part of their official territory? They don't. If this goes through, who will be next? Moldova? Estonia? I for one would like to be connected to USA, NATO, EU to protect our hard fought freedom and independence from the mood swings of our great neighbour who is known to only accept authority and power and spits on official contracts between two sovereign countries. Look no further than Crimea. I understand that there are people with different outlooks but if life is so hard in a former Soviet Union country (aka having to learn the official language) then please, take the next train to Russia. Do you sincerely believe that Russia really wants to 'protect the russian minority' in Ukraine? They have the same motives as EU, NATO, USA - not to lose INFLUENCE over the region, to make Ukraine dependent of their economy, their businesses. I'm sure there are people who are sincere in their demonstrations and protests but many of the mob and their leaders are just muppets paid to cause trouble and to show outside world how much the people of Ukraine love mother Russia. We are talking about a country that made soldiers paint grass, leaves on the trees greener just for the sake of it. There is no logic behind this if you are wondering why would some random russian come to Ukraine to cause havoc. Propaganda, all it is. Don't get caught in the whirlstorm of shit.

Also I'll put this question out here: why is neo nazism not equal with Soviet Union worshipers? Somehow the history books are making it out as Nazi Germany was the only real evil empire. You want to know why many hate Russia in Ukraine? Holodomor.

Regarding having a better life in Ukraine when Russian friendly political power is in charge - Janukovitch has steered the country for a long time ( minus the inconvenient Orange revolution, where poisoning did the trick fortunately) and has made close to nothing to improve the welfare of his people. We are talking about a man who's 150k yearly salary affords him to take a shit in a gold toilet pot and own every supercar in the world. His son has made BILLIONS as a dentist after his daddy was appointed.

PS. I'm not trying to counter your arguments or make you reconsider etc. I'm just trying to understand this conflict from everyone's point of view. I can understand people who want to be reunited with Russia, that doesn't mean I agree with it though.

Ukrainian politics since the collapse of the USSR and since 2002-3 have blackmaided West and Russia with their gas pipelines and is the playground of oligarchs fighting each other and amassing huge fortunes while doing nothing for their country (a bit like Russia in the 90's).

What I find funny is seeing many ukrainian politics playing crippled man saying Russia was bad to them before an election and being all right after the election is gone.

The best is Bulatov the youth and sport minister who said Russian had tortured him.

Or the activist woman tweeting I'm dying and seen in France in great form while she had "received a shot" in her neck.

They should look how Finland have done (their politicians not being clowns like in Ukraine).

If you are wondering,@Fulham Broadway, why we have death sentencing for big numbers, it is because of acts like the one that happened today at Cairo University where three bombs went off. I don't know if the western media covers this or not. But practically this is what the Muslim brotherhood and its members have been doing on weekly basis. Either they destroy something, kill someone, injure many burn places or plant bombs. Only yesterday I read that Cameron has asked for an investigation regarding the presence of the Muslim Brotherhood in England. Don't be surprised mate at the number of death sentences. It will only increase they way things are going unfortunately.

If you are wondering,@Fulham Broadway, why we have death sentencing for big numbers, it is because of acts like the one that happened today at Cairo University where three bombs went off. I don't know if the western media covers this or not. But practically this is what the Muslim brotherhood and its members have been doing on weekly basis. Either they destroy something, kill someone, injure many burn places or plant bombs. Only yesterday I read that Cameron has asked for an investigation regarding the presence of the Muslim Brotherhood in England. Don't be surprised mate at the number of death sentences. It will only increase they way things are going unfortunately.

Cheers. I am sure you know more about this than me, so all info gratefully acknowledged. Yes I heard on the media yesterday Cameron wanted someone to look into the Brotherhood, and was surprised to hear the Brotherhood had been around since 1922.

As far as the death sentences are concerned, they never act as a deterrent, and actually inflame a situation more. We know dialogue is the only way to solve conflict, but is very difficult when one side is intransigent, or restrained by ideology - as we see on this forum !

Cheers. I am sure you know more about this than me, so all info gratefully acknowledged. Yes I heard on the media yesterday Cameron wanted someone to look into the Brotherhood, and was surprised to hear the Brotherhood had been around since 1922.

As far as the death sentences are concerned, they never act as a deterrent, and actually inflame a situation more. We know dialogue is the only way to solve conflict, but is very difficult when one side is intransigent, or restrained by ideology - as we see on this forum !

The Muslim Brotherhood was found in 1928 Hassan El Banna, a junior high teacher at the time. The purpose of the brother hood was to bring back the fallen Islamic Ottoman Empire. Egypt was a monarchy at that time. Our country was controlled by Britain at that time too. During this era, Egypt was divided into social classes. Only certain classes would have access to education and good medical treatment and good jobs. One would have to be from a certain family, or of certain heritage or power to be able to go to college for example. My family was one of those who had access to education at college level. The majority of the population were not that fortunate and were poor. Suffering from the wounded pride of the fall of the Islamic Empire, the brotherhood seemed like a good dream and cause for Hassan El Banna and his followers at the time. Islam, (to people who actually bother and read about it with the purpose of understanding it) is a peaceful religion. Like any Christianity and Judaism (according to Muslims) come from God. So it would be no surprise that some of the few teachings would include helping the poor, the orphans, not stealing, no killing,....etc. That was how the Muslim Brotherhood started to preach for their cause. Doing good deeds for the people who were suffering. That way they would gain loyalty and also be able to preach for their cause without being suspicious. After all why would helping people in need, being a good person and wanting your country to be as strong as it was be a bad thing. As the followers grew, Hassan's power grew. Now remember that he was not a Muslim Scholar, he was a teacher who taught some non religion related subject to junior high students. The upper class in Egypt was liberal. Egypt was somehow secular, where religion was practiced only in Mosques or Churchs. Sure it formed a lot of the culture and tradition, but never in the ruling or law at that time. Egyptian law is more or less close to the French law. That was an obstacle in front of the dream of El Banna. We had pubs, we were one of the first countries to have cinemas, we were following Britain. For El Banna to realize his dreams he had to get rid of the western ideology in Egypt. We had a lot of British, French, and Greek in our country all who were there for different reasons. As he preached for his idea amongst the poor and uneducated ( the number of educated were increasing though but still formed the minority), his closest members would demand some physical action to achieve this dream. Hence, the bombings of pubs, theaters and nigh clubs and the atacks on British soldiers. They would start taking quotes from the Quran and put them out of contexts and misinterpret them to persuade people that they are doing would God asked them to. In 1947 a Judge called El-Kazendar carried out a sentence of 25 years in prison for the attacks and bombings. A few months later, they assassinated him and the ones in charge of the assassination were captured. As these acts grew, the King ordered an assassination of El Banna and he was shot and left to die in a hospital without any treatment in 1949. But that was not the end of the brother hood as a successor came in power called Hassan El Hudaiby. He was a moderate Muslim and had a more moderate approach, yet the same dream. He started attracting and preaching the idea to educated people. A key figure was called Sayyed Qodb. Qodb was well educated. He traveled around and got educated in the United States. For some reason he became obsessed and radical. He was the founder of the Jihadi Salafis (basically if you are not a follower of THEIR ideas, concepts and interpretations, you are an infidel and anything can happen to you or your family--------sounds familiar?Does it ring a bell like ElQaida:)). In 1952 there was the Egyptian revolution. The king was exiled and the British soldiers left our country. The Free Officers ( a group of military officers) led by Abdul Nasser where in charge of that revolution. However they did it with the help of the Brotherhood. The Bortherhood demanded to share power in the ruling of the new Republic of Egypt but were denied. The Muslim brotherhood did not take it will and carried out where they left when El Banna was assassinated. El Hudaiby lost control and the radical ideologies if Qodb took over the brotherhood. They felt they were betrayed and they had to retaliate aggressively with blood. In 1954, during the celebration of the revolution, and as Nasser was giving his speech in public in Alexandria, the Brotherhood carried an assassination attempt. Following that a lot of the people of the brotherhood were captured, including Qodb. Some were court martialed, in a very unfair trial, no witnesses, no lawyers, no appeals. It was more like a sentence hearing without a trial. Some executed, some sentenced to prison. Qodb was executed. By all means, it was unfair and there were many innocents amongs the executed and the ones sent to prison ( where they were tortured in a way that would make water boarding a childish act).

When Nasser died El Sadat came to rule. He too was one of the Free Officers. One of the first things he did was to free all the political prisoners and " open a new page". That ofcourse included the members of the brotherhood. The peace treaty between Egypt and Israel made things bad. Not only did most of the Arab nations at the time suspend all their connection with Egypt, but the brother hood and their new division "the Jihadis" were enraged. (Ayman El Zawahri the one leading al Qaida now was on of them:)). They causes uprisings in Egypt. This time the ones caught in the act were fairly, publicly trialed and some were given prison time. Out of fear that they would face the same fate as the ones during Nasser's era, the decided to assassinate Sadat and this time they were successful. The ones who carried the assassination were captured and were not sentenced to death but where in prison for life (Only to be freed by Morsy). They people rejected the brotherhood. They got divided themselves into more groups. Salafis. Jihadis, Hihadi Salafis and others including HAMMAS, But all remain under main ideas put by the Muslim brotherhood.

I am quiet sure there were many times you have heard or perhaps read in the media about racism in Egypt against the Christian Coptics and killings. That was in upper Egypt (on the map that would be south towards Sudan the perfect turf for their ideology and still is along with Sinai). Upper Egypt is the poorest part of Egypt. If you google the income level in these areas you would be shocked. Maybe you heard about Sharm El Sheikh bombings too. Or perhaps the Luxor massacre. All carried out by groups related to the brotherhood. You can only identify a Muslim brotherhood of you were a Muslim. It is because you would have to know Islam in order to see the areas where they misinterpret or try to change. You would have to be able to pick out the extremism and frankly if you are not a Muslim, you will be basing your evaluation upon your own beliefs, values and culture.

With the rise of corruption of Mubarak, increase of poverty, injustice, disease, failing education system in Egypt, people would only become desperate. You recall in western history when the religious people of the church were in power. For example during the era od Henry 8th,Edward 6th, Elizabeth and Mary....etc That is the current situation now in Egypt. People have no hope. So they would turn to their savior, in our case it is God. But because they were not educated, don't have access to books, schools and where not taught how to think, analyze or try to scientifically or objectively to understand they would turn to someone whom they think would know. Usually it is a guy, with a beard, who recites versus from the Quran. They don't even try to question his knowledge or ask about his education or background. If anyone would think to question him, someone from his followers would say " He is a man of God". At that point, their only option is to shut up and either listen or walk away. Being desperate to find a way out of their misery a lot decide to sit and listen. The second revolution was started by Egyptians with no affiliations. People were asking for " Bread, Freedom and Social Equality". The brotherhood did not take part initially. Only when things started to go in favor of the demonstrators did they join. They have stated that during the first days of the revolution and after Mubarak stepped down.

When we finally decided to have the elections it came down to either Morsy (member of the brotherhood) or General Shafik (Closely affiliated with Mubarak and was on of his ministers). When people had to choose, they decided to go for Morsy. It was 51% to 49% in favor of Morsy. People wanted to change and they thought that the Brotherhood was just a myth that Mubarak created in order to stay in power. But they were no myth. When Morsy and the brotherhood made their constitution and people were asked to vote, take a good guess on what basis people voted on:) YES you go to HEAVEN, NO you would go to HELL. Yes, you are a good Muslim and with Islam, No you are against Islam. Can you imagine what destiny will a nation face based on this approach? Furthermore we started allowing more Jihadists, Al Qaida members and other radical groups in our country. We freed their leaders who were in prison and we started giving them weapons. Ofcourse that was one of the major reasons Morsy was kicked out and is being trialed for. With so many people, poor, uneducated and indoctrinated talking is hard. Yet after the second wave of the revolution was carried out ( what the westerns call Coup) the Egyptians were still willing to accept the brotherhood as fellow Egyptians but would ask them to give up their radical ideas and help build the nation that has been in great devastation for decades under Mubarak. They refused and for the first 3 months not a single day would pass without any major killings or destruction. Nearly every day our military is in combat with them and other groups in Sinai. We breached the peace treaty with Israel, and allowed our military deep into Sinai. The Israelis are not complaining. They know the threat very well. But the western media doesn't report that and the Egyptian media is very ignorant of the world's public opinion. We do a bad job telling he world what happens too. These trials are no longer about the political affiliations. They are about the destruction, murders and criminal acts that resulted from this politica, religious division.

I was trying to give you a brief summary and that is hard to do. The History of the Brotherhood so long and full of events that would be written in books. Feel free to ask about specifics I know a lot about this matter.

@Mohammed Seif Thanks. Quite comprehensive history. It is sad that the seeds seem to be sewn when colonialism exists, and we can' t go back. Yes I know islam is a religion of peace. I work with a guy who's family have been killed by US drones on the Pakistan/ Afghan border, yet he has no thoughts of retribution.

The poverty in Egypt is so wrong, a large country with many resources. This economic climate is also a recipe for revolution- social media can act as a catalyst. I was in Egypt a few months ago - yes youve guessd Sharm al Sheik, the guys in the hotel were mainly from Alexandria, and rural areas, and hardly earned anything. They were friendly, and jokingly I think, ! Kept asking if they could marry my daughter. They were really keen to come to the UK, but I had to explain how comparatively, everything , rent, food, bills etc is expensive here compared to Egypt. There were speed bumps on the roads etc, the legacy of the terrorist attacks a few years ago, and there was a major security alert when i started wandering around the wrong hotel. Overall though, loved it and would go back

@Mohammed Seif Thanks. Quite comprehensive history. It is sad that the seeds seem to be sewn when colonialism exists, and we can' t go back. Yes I know islam is a religion of peace. I work with a guy who's family have been killed by US drones on the Pakistan/ Afghan border, yet he has no thoughts of retribution.

The poverty in Egypt is so wrong, a large country with many resources. This economic climate is also a recipe for revolution- social media can act as a catalyst. I was in Egypt a few months ago - yes youve guessd Sharm al Sheik, the guys in the hotel were mainly from Alexandria, and rural areas, and hardly earned anything. They were friendly, and jokingly I think, ! Kept asking if they could marry my daughter. They were really keen to come to the UK, but I had to explain how comparatively, everything , rent, food, bills etc is expensive here compared to Egypt. There were speed bumps on the roads etc, the legacy of the terrorist attacks a few years ago, and there was a major security alert when i started wandering around the wrong hotel. Overall though, loved it and would go back

I am from Alexandria. Sharm Sheikh is one of my favourite destinations. like many other places it should be than this though. Hope you did a bit of diving and snorkeling there :) a bit of safari too :)

As much as I am tempted to blame others, but it is wrong. Can't blame colonization. It is not a good thing at all, but still can't put the blame there. I blame people for not willing to try and think. See what good thhey would get out of certain actions and behavior. My friend works there in Sharm too :) I know how it is for the workers there. Believe it or not, as poor as they might seem to you, but those are not the really poor ones. They would be considered well off compared to the ones I am talking about. And yes they were joking a lot. It is our nature as Egyptians, we most joke all the time, even during disasters. We will make a joke of our sufferings and laugh at it from the heart. :) Hope you you would visit Egypt again and see other places. It is always an honor :)

I am from Alexandria. Sharm Sheikh is one of my favourite destinations. like many other places it should be than this though. Hope you did a bit of diving and snorkeling there :) a bit of safari too :)

As much as I am tempted to blame others, but it is wrong. Can't blame colonization. It is not a good thing at all, but still can't put the blame there. I blame people for not willing to try and think. See what good thhey would get out of certain actions and behavior. My friend works there in Sharm too :) I know how it is for the workers there. Believe it or not, as poor as they might seem to you, but those are not the really poor ones. They would be considered well off compared to the ones I am talking about. And yes they were joking a lot. It is our nature as Egyptians, we most joke all the time, even during disasters. We will make a joke of our sufferings and laugh at it from the heart. :) Hope you you would visit Egypt again and see other places. It is always an honor :)

Yes mate would go back. Did a bit of diving (will do the PADI course next time), loads of snorkellig -the coral reefs are great.(Ras mohammed) Stayed in a bedouins tent, Quadbiking etc -all the usual tourist stuff. The desert should be made into a proper tourist business -with a slant on the eco/ preservation side of things, would attract a lot of naturalists etc

yeah if it helps you sleep well at night after bombing kids with white phosphorus

listen buddy, your country's time will definitely come whether tomorrow or in a decade or in 100 years

palis and other arabs will never forget

karma is a bitch

Seriously people need to learn how to talk to each other. Going at each other makes it a street fight, or a childish act. It is such attitude that doesn't allow us to talk properly and reach solutions. People need to know how to put an argument rather than insulting each other and whining.