Goal Of The Season

Billy.

With two late additions after Tuesday night's events in Barcelona, Chelsea's Goal of the Season competition is now live.

There is only one way to vote, by clicking the link here, followed by the relevant tab, allowing you to see the 12 nominations.

You can of course also vote for your Chelsea Player of the Year on the same page, so watch the video and make your choice!

The nominations are:

Jose Bosingwa v Norwich City - August 27

The full-back picks the ball up inside the Norwich half, unleashing a fierce drive into the top corner to open the scoring after just five minutes.

Daniel Sturridge v Sunderland - September 10

Racing on to a Raul Meireles through ball, the forward beats his man for pace before back-heeling a cheeky finish into the bottom corner.

Frank Lampard v Bolton Wanderers - October 2

The midfielder sweeps home from 12 yards after an excellent team move, involving Juan Mata, Ramires and Daniel Sturridge.

Juan Mata v Arsenal - October 29

The little playmaker fires a dipping drive past Wojcech Szczesny to level the scores with 10 minutes to go.

Juan Mata v Manchester United - February 5

Mata meets Torres's far-post cross with a ferocious volley into the roof of the net to double our advantage just after half-time.

Raul Meireles v Birmingham City - March 6

The Portuguese arrows a shot into the top corner from the edge of the box following Branislav Ivanovic's low cross and some intricate passing from Gary Cahill and Ramires.

Branislav Ivanovic v Napoli - March 14

The goal that kept our Champions League dream alive, Ivanovic lashes home after Didier Drogba's turn and cut back inside the area.

Raul Meireles v Benfica - April 4

Stealing possession inside his own half, Meireles sets off on a run to the edge of the Benfica box before driving high into the top corner to seal our progress.

Didier Drogba v Tottenham Hotspur - April 15

Receiving the ball with his back to goal, Drogba turns his former team-mate William Gallas before thumping the ball left-footed into the roof of the net past ex-Blue Carlo Cudicini.

Frank Lampard v Tottenham Hotspur - April 15

Easily 35 yards out, Lampard hits a dipping free-kick that wrong-foots Cudicini and confirms our place in the FA Cup final.

Ramires v Barcelona - April 24

With us a man down and under pressure, Ramires breaks forward and exchanges passes with Lampard before sending the cheekiest of chips over Victor Valdes to put us back in front on away goals.

Fernando Torres v Barcelona - April 24

A long clearance reaches the lone striker with nobody around him. He keeps his cool, rounds Valdes and slots home to send us into the Champions League final.

Winners for each award will be announced on May 10 at the Player of the Year dinner. Tickets are available starting at £160 + VAT per person, with dinner and entertainment also provided. Click the tab on this link for more information and how to book.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2750512,00.html

I voted for Drogba vs Spurs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A shame this can't wait until the end of the season, the goal of the season might yet come in the CL final. Out of that list I'd choose Rami's goal for its finesse and importance. Mata's volley against manu is close second.

Ramires vs. Barca. Stupid to vote something like this with two most important matches of the season still to go. Who knows, maybe Kalou will score a 40 yard screamer as the winning goal against Bayern and we don't even get a chance to vote it for goal of the season. :(

I think I'll go with Ramires, Drogba's goal was brilliant and rolled back the years, but to have the bollocks to try something like that in those circumstances, and then to celebrate so nonchalantly as if to say "What's the big deal? I do that all the time" was brilliant.

I'm surprised so many of you found the Torres goal to be more emotionally powerful than Rambo's. I nearly broke the light in my living room after that :D

Whereas the Torres goal just gave me so much relief, a kinda "YESSS, THANK FUCK WE'RE THROUGH" feeling rather than "HAVE SOME OF THAT YOU BASTARDS" which is what Rambo's did to me.

I'm surprised so many of you found the Torres goal to be more emotionally powerful than Rambo's. I nearly broke the light in my living room after that :D

Whereas the Torres goal just gave me so much relief, a kinda "YESSS, THANK FUCK WE'RE THROUGH" feeling rather than "HAVE SOME OF THAT YOU BASTARDS" which is what Rambo's did to me.

It was more emotionally powerful for people simply because even after Rambo's goal, it was kind of like 'amazing, we're back in it, but can we hold on for another 45 minutes with 10 men'?

Where as Torres' goal was just that. The sealer, the end, the finisher of an epic battle down a man.

I'm voting for Ramires' goal, but I have never celebrated a goal harder than Torres', who I think will win it anyway.

TBH, Ramire's goal came out of the fuckin blue.

I literally said, 'The fuck?" after the ball went into the back of the net and was just shocked and prayed for the half time whistle to be blown.

Class and beauty at its finest

Where as Torres goal, i felt that it was truly the icing on the cake. After all the terrible luck we have had the past seasons, after all the bull shit we have been receiving, after all the arrogant Barca fans and the cocky barca players, after realizing what we just accomplished, after seeing a man who has had the worst years of his life, return to the Nou camp and showed the whole world the meaning of 'class is permanent.'

So many emotions went through me when Torres scored, which is why that was the first time i cried during a football match.

I dunno. I kinda preferred the defiant feeling that Ramires' goal gave me, a feeling of fuck the odds, we are Chelsea Football Club and we'll never go down without a fight. That it came in probably our darkest period of the match, where most of us if not all were thinking we'd be lucky to keep the scoreline respectable also made it more powerful for me.

But, each to his own. Torres goal was brilliant as well :D