FA Cup Final - Liverpool vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy motherfucker, Alah, Buha, Jesus whoever is the true god, please hear my prayers. We must beat this scum of football planet, we must show those twats that history wont save them and that they are pathetic excuse for a football club.

Dear players in BLUE SHIRT do the job and humiliate them please. I would love to see the moment when 'the only England captain' John Wonderful Terry lifts The CUP and I wouldn't stand the moment when twats like Liverpool would do this instead of us.

C'mon the BLUES !

Ahh Everton why did you have to play so shite in the semi?! Could handle loosing to them ish but Liverpool nahhh.To many smug faces and annoying fans and the whole 'King' Kenny utter bollocks! Stevieeeee G! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Some stats -

The kick-off time for Saturday's match 1615 GMT is the latest ever since the competition started in 1872-72. But not every final has kicked off at the traditional time of three o'clock on a Saturday afternoon.

Liverpool have won the FA Cup seven times, Chelsea have won it six times, but neither club won it for the first 94 years of the competition's existence until Liverpool's 1965 win over Leeds United.

Chelsea's first win was not until 1970 - also against Leeds United - 99 years after the competition started in the 1871-72 season.

Chelsea beat Liverpool 3-2 in the 2005 League Cup final but this will be the first time they have faced each other in the FA Cup final. Their last FA Cup meeting was in April 2006 when Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-1 in the semi-final.

The clubs have met twice this season with Liverpool winning both times - 2-0 at Chelsea in the League Cup fifth round, and 2-1 away in the Premier League.

The clubs were also scheduled to meet again in the Premier League this weekend, but will now play that fixture at Anfield next Wednesday. Coincidentally, last season's finalists Manchester City and Stoke City were also scheduled to meet on cup final day - and that fixture was played in the weeks following the final.

This will be their 31st meeting against each other since October 2004 - a total that includes 10 meetings in the Champions League.

This will be Chelsea's 11th appearance in an FA Cup final having won six times in 1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009 and 2010. They were runners-up in 1915, 1967, 1994 and 2002.

Chelsea's interim manager Roberto Di Matteo won two FA Cups with the club as a player - in 1997 he scored the fastest goal at the old Wembley stadium, after just 43 seconds in their 2-0 win over Middlesbrough and in 2000 he netted the last-ever Cup final goal at the old Wembley in their 1-0 win over Aston Villa.

The last two managers to win the FA Cup have been Italian - Roberto Mancini with Manchester City in their 1-0 win over Stoke City last year and Carlo Ancelotti for Chelsea in their 1-0 win over Portsmouth in 2010.

He can also become the fourth Italian, and the third for the club, to win the FA Cup after Ancelotti and Gianluca Vialli in 2000.

Ashley Cole has won the FA Cup six times (three with Chelsea, three with Arsenal), more than any other player.

Didier Drogba has scored seven goals in seven Wembley appearances and has scored three goals in FA Cup finals.

Liverpool are taking part in their 14th FA Cup final having won it in 1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001 and 2006. Their six defeats were in 1914, 1950, 1971, 1977, 1988 and 1996.

In Kenny Dalglish's last FA Cup final as manager, his Newcastle United side lost 2-0 to Arsenal in 1998.

Chelsea's Fernando Torres and Raul Meireles are former Liverpool players while Liverpool's Glen Johnson had a spell at Chelsea and played as a substitute when Chelsea beat Liverpool in the League Cup final seven years ago.

It's actually 17:15pm GMT so even later than that. And in 2005, we beat Liverpool in a domestic cup final but Liverpool won the Champions League coming 5th.... could be a sign.

Some stats -

The kick-off time for Saturday's match 1615 GMT is the latest ever since the competition started in 1872-72. But not every final has kicked off at the traditional time of three o'clock on a Saturday afternoon.

Liverpool have won the FA Cup seven times, Chelsea have won it six times, but neither club won it for the first 94 years of the competition's existence until Liverpool's 1965 win over Leeds United.

Chelsea's first win was not until 1970 - also against Leeds United - 99 years after the competition started in the 1871-72 season.

Chelsea beat Liverpool 3-2 in the 2005 League Cup final but this will be the first time they have faced each other in the FA Cup final. Their last FA Cup meeting was in April 2006 when Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-1 in the semi-final.

The clubs have met twice this season with Liverpool winning both times - 2-0 at Chelsea in the League Cup fifth round, and 2-1 away in the Premier League.

The clubs were also scheduled to meet again in the Premier League this weekend, but will now play that fixture at Anfield next Wednesday. Coincidentally, last season's finalists Manchester City and Stoke City were also scheduled to meet on cup final day - and that fixture was played in the weeks following the final.

This will be their 31st meeting against each other since October 2004 - a total that includes 10 meetings in the Champions League.

This will be Chelsea's 11th appearance in an FA Cup final having won six times in 1970, 1997, 2000, 2007, 2009 and 2010. They were runners-up in 1915, 1967, 1994 and 2002.

Chelsea's interim manager Roberto Di Matteo won two FA Cups with the club as a player - in 1997 he scored the fastest goal at the old Wembley stadium, after just 43 seconds in their 2-0 win over Middlesbrough and in 2000 he netted the last-ever Cup final goal at the old Wembley in their 1-0 win over Aston Villa.

The last two managers to win the FA Cup have been Italian - Roberto Mancini with Manchester City in their 1-0 win over Stoke City last year and Carlo Ancelotti for Chelsea in their 1-0 win over Portsmouth in 2010.

He can also become the fourth Italian, and the third for the club, to win the FA Cup after Ancelotti and Gianluca Vialli in 2000.

Ashley Cole has won the FA Cup six times (three with Chelsea, three with Arsenal), more than any other player.

Didier Drogba has scored seven goals in seven Wembley appearances and has scored three goals in FA Cup finals.

Liverpool are taking part in their 14th FA Cup final having won it in 1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001 and 2006. Their six defeats were in 1914, 1950, 1971, 1977, 1988 and 1996.

In Kenny Dalglish's last FA Cup final as manager, his Newcastle United side lost 2-0 to Arsenal in 1998.

Chelsea's Fernando Torres and Raul Meireles are former Liverpool players while Liverpool's Glen Johnson had a spell at Chelsea and played as a substitute when Chelsea beat Liverpool in the League Cup final seven years ago.

Next Tuesday no?

It's actually 17:15pm GMT so even later than that. And in 2005, we beat Liverpool in a domestic cup final but Liverpool won the Champions League coming 5th.... could be a sign.

We are coming 6th. :D

After such a limp season, I expect the players to step up to the mark and win this. Very similar to the semi when some of the press and pundits were practically saying that we are all washed up as a team. We need the same spirit tomorrow.

Fingers crossed because I hate those scouse cunts with a great passion :D

Would be great if we can get Ashley 2 more FA medals. Then he can say "Fuck your history Liverpool, I've won more FA Cups by myself than you have in your 110 years or more"

Lol,Messi has scored more goals himself than Liverpool this season.Another great statistic for you. :)

Yup, I did.......

I can understand your skepticism because we've lost to them twice already this season but now we have a new manager.The change in manager has brought a significant change in confidence and performance.The team wants to win trophies and I am sure their commitment will be nothing less than 100percent.From where we were.we've done very well to come this far.Only a wonder goal can help Liverpool win otherwise I see no chance of them winning.

I can understand your skepticism because we've lost to them twice already this season but now we have a new manager.The change in manager has brought a significant change in confidence and performance.The team wants to win trophies and I am sure their commitment will be nothing less than 100percent.From where we were.we've done very well to come this far.Only a wonder goal can help Liverpool win otherwise I see no chance of them winning.

IF we lose to them again, it will be the 5th straight defeat against Liverpool and when you add in the league fixture on next Tuesday...oh gawd. I don't even want to get there...