Barcelona vs Chelsea

termninja

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz traveled with the squad to Spain today and he apparently trained too. Don't tell me RDM is gonna risk playing him tomorrow?!

Highly unlikely with the way Cahill and Terry have played in the last two contests. I would bet it is more precautionary should one not be able to continue

think that guy was the directors son or something...he was never off the screen last week

Judging by his appearance, I think he might be Fabregas' brother. Don't know if Fabregas even has a brother, but they resemble one another.

To score a goal would be something absolutely stunning, it would give us such a big chance. We will need to take advantage of every single corner or set-piece as we won't have too many opportunities I suppose. Ivanovic's throw-ins are in as well. The lad just needs to be cautious as a yellow card for him would mean a stop for next match (hopefully still in this season).

Why don't they reset the yellows after a semifinal? That is such a dumb rule. That means we could win tomorrow, not get anyone sent off, but still have 4 or 5 players suspended for the final depending on who picks up yellows. Why does UEFA want a team that qualifed for the final to be missing some of its stars?

We need a goal. If we're stuck in a pattern of constant Barcelona possession with no respite then we're done for.

If showing ambition in search of a goal leaves us more open then that's a sacrifice we're going to have to make.

I love Mata like everybody else but this isn't a game for him because he doesn't have the energy or running power. I would start Essien or Malouda in his place. Maybe even Bosingwa or Bertrand and close one of the flanks.

Why don't they reset the yellows after a semifinal? That is such a dumb rule. That means we could win tomorrow, not get anyone sent off, but still have 4 or 5 players suspended for the final depending on who picks up yellows. Why does UEFA want a team that qualifed for the final to be missing some of its stars?

I agree that they should rescind yellows for the final, not necessarily reds though. If it was Barca and Manure in the final UEFA probably would.

We need a goal. If we're stuck in a pattern of constant Barcelona possession with no respite then we're done for.

If showing ambition in search of a goal leaves us more open then that's a sacrifice we're going to have to make.

I love Mata like everybody else but this isn't a game for him because he doesn't have the energy or running power. I would start Essien or Malouda in his place. Maybe even Bosingwa or Bertrand and close one of the flanks.

We're going to be open anyway with the size of their pitch. We need mobile players who can put a tackle in - they have to know they're in a game

Agree with all of that apart from Essien, he has no mobility anymore and Barca would have a field day.

Good to see you back btw, hope you stick around :)

Luiz to come on as a sub and score a bullet header in extra time to make it 2:1. From a corner. Won by Torres.

I'd prefer Drogba offside not given, dives penalty given, Drogba takes the penalty, Valdes saves to the post then it rolls over the line Pique gets back clear's it before it goes over but the ref gives a goal :D

The ultimate revenge.

I'd prefer Drogba offside not given, dives penalty given, Drogba takes the penalty, Valdes saves to the post then it rolls over the line Pique gets back clear's it before it goes over but the ref gives a goal :D

The ultimate revenge.

I couldn't help but laugh at this. That would be the greatest goal ever scored.