The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

So uh….whatever happened with the whole City breaching over 100 financial laws stuff? Has everyone just forgotten about all that? City just get to roll on as if none of that happened?

Toney was caught betting awhile ago now and has only just received his punishment, everything will have to be gone through investigated etc etc blah blah blah will take years.

Said to my lad about an hour before kick off this a no contest, knew City would rail road them- Madrid are alright playing the likes of us playing their fancy outside of the foot passes and and all their glitz and glamour but you won't get away with that shit against a complete Mercedes of a side like City, they don't give a fuck and just pummel you.

Expect the same in the final, Inter will be fucking shitting themselves

Yeah, Madrid are one of the best sides in the world at keeping the ball, popping it around effortlessly from back to front, and carving through teams with clever passing patterns. They did it to us over and over again.

And yet City made them look like a traditional midtable PL side. They’re so much better than everyone else in Europe when in form it’s a joke.

Inter’s only chance is to park a bus so massive that it frustrates the hell out of City and then snatch a fluke goal somehow. But I think City will win by some silly margin, sadly.

Madrid are garbage though. We beat them easily with a competent manager. Last year they were the worst winners in history , they didn’t deserve to win a single one of their knockout ties.

16 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Weird comparison. That Bayern side was not even that good. They just had a huge fitness edge over the rest bc Bundesliga started earlier after the lockdown.

this city team is the best club team in world football since Barca

We have to face it. City are a way better run club. As good a roman was the sheiks have achieved more in terms of building a club structure and long term vision. They hired the right ppl to run the club for them from the beginning instead of chopping and changing executives while rolling  with talented impro amateurs like Marina. 

I said from the begging that Bayern that year would romp to the CL. They were incredible across the board, and I am a Bayern hater. They were just staggeringly dominant all season.

The 2010–11 Barca team was probably the single season greatest club side ever, although a strong case could be made for the undefeated 1991–92 AC Milan Gli invincibili team.

That would be the ultimate fantasy CL final. The irresistible force versus the immovable object.

I would put my money on Milan, as they had the greatest collection of defenders ever. Plus peak Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, and Frank Rijkaard.

Just now, Vesper said:

woot

Sevilla up in extra time now

Sevilla vs Mou Roma - that game will have more and better acting than in Hollywood.

This will be a slaughter.