The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Just now, Jas said:

Didn't realize it when I turned on to watch the shootout last night but just found out Fernandes let Villarreal to take the penalty first after winning the coin toss. 🤦‍♂️

Wow - Very surprising. Makes a massive difference to the pressure in a shootout - which makes the 2012 shootout win even more commendable

Just now, Strike said:

Wow - Very surprising. Makes a massive difference to the pressure in a shootout - which makes the 2012 shootout win even more commendable

Yeah. According to the stats, the team that take the penalty first in a shootout win it 60% of the time.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

To be fair - English channels are biased towards English clubs. I still remember the commentator saying 'Get in there' when Ivanovic scored the winner against Napoli.

Yeah that was vs Napoli if im not wrong, the only time I have witnessed it myself.

BT for last nights  League final 

Owen Hargreaves

Paul Scholes

Rio Ferdinand 

And the cunt presenting it supports United .

Wait til Saturday 

Vincent Company

Noel Gallagher

Sean Goater

Edited by Atomiswave

hace 1 hora, Atomiswave dijo:

Yeah that was vs Napoli if im not wrong, the only time I have witnessed it myself.

BT for last nights  League final 

Owen Hargreaves

Paul Scholes

Rio Ferdinand 

And the cunt presenting it supports United .

Wait til Saturday 

Vincent Company

Noel Gallagher

Sean Goater

Do people really care about who commentates a CL final that much? 🤣

Be all the better for when we win if their all there. I mean honestly, yes there is a lack of ex Chelsea players/managers as pundits maybe but doesn’t make a difference to the 22 people on the pitch and the 2 managers at the end of the day.

Plus if Napoli was the only game you witnessed pundits on our side you obviously missed the 2012 CL semi finals at Barca where they praised us after the two games which were extremely difficult when we looked dead and buried at 2-0 in the Nou Camp plus the games v Atletico and Madrid this season in particular they were extremely praiseful of our team.... then after the CL final in 2012 too although it was a very difficult game they did praise us also, particularly Drogba, Mikel and Cech. 

Whats with this victim mentality on here? 

Edited by OneMoSalah

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Do people really care about who commentates a CL final that much? 🤣

Be all the better for when we win if their all there. I mean honestly, yes there is a lack of ex Chelsea players/managers as pundits maybe but doesn’t make a difference to the 22 people on the pitch and the 2 managers at the end of the day.

Plus if Napoli was the only game you witnessed pundits on our side you obviously missed the 2012 CL semi finals at Barca where they praised us after the two games which were extremely difficult when we looked dead and buried at 2-0 in the Nou Camp plus the games v Atletico and Madrid this season in particular they were extremely praiseful of our team.... then after the CL final in 2012 too although it was a very difficult game they did praise us also, particularly Drogba, Mikel and Cech. 

Whats with this victim mentality on here? 

You missed my point, im not talking about whether we get any credit by the pundits. Its the clear biased bs when their darlings are playing, like last night. And yes I for one does not like it when it is so, its not impartial is it. That Barca semi final was more how shocked they were when we beat them and the the final well they had to give some props. Yes we did get ok credit this season though in CL, lets see on saturday. No victims here......just some are tired of their bs.

hace 3 horas, Atomiswave dijo:

You missed my point, im not talking about whether we get any credit by the pundits. Its the clear biased bs when their darlings are playing, like last night. And yes I for one does not like it when it is so, its not impartial is it. That Barca semi final was more how shocked they were when we beat them and the the final well they had to give some props. Yes we did get ok credit this season though in CL, lets see on saturday. No victims here......just some are tired of their bs.

Don’t let it bother you. End of the day who cares what the pundits think.

Also yes they wanted United to win but its British football pundits they are obviously going to be biased but at the end of the day its the same for German pundits/journalists, Dutch pundits/journalists, whatever nationality they will always back their own nations team.... its how it works. 

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don’t let it bother you. End of the day who cares what the pundits think.

Also yes they wanted United to win but its British football pundits they are obviously going to be biased but at the end of the day its the same for German pundits/journalists, Dutch pundits/journalists, whatever nationality they will always back their own nations team.... its how it works. 

YEah thats absolutely true but I feel the Eng ones go over the top. You can bet your ass these so called pundits will root for City come saturday, heck they are at it already. Its BS going through the likes Savage Murphy and the likes, a fucking eyesore mate.

hace 2 minutos, Atomiswave dijo:

YEah thats absolutely true but I feel the Eng ones go over the top. You can bet your ass these so called pundits will root for City come saturday, heck they are at it already. Its BS going through the likes Savage Murphy and the likes, a fucking eyesore mate.

Just do what I do when its some of those helmets, watch the game with the sound off.

End of the day I think it will be pretty impartial to be honest, for as many who will think City will win, there will be a few for us as well. They know we can hurt them and have seen the two previous games against them for us so its not like its going to be treated as if its Aldershot Town v Man City. 

Savage used to play for United as a kid so why he would be cheering City would be an absolute mystery to me although he is a bit of a knob. Danny Murphy is just shite full stop. “Passion” and “determination” are the only words he uses in an analysis. “Oh he ran around showing passion and determination” isnt that not what every footballer does? Or at least 90% of them? How he has a job as a pundit is beyond me.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Just do what I do when its some of those helmets, watch the game with the sound off.

End of the day I think it will be pretty impartial to be honest, for as many who will think City will win, there will be a few for us as well. They know we can hurt them and have seen the two previous games against them for us so its not like its going to be treated as if its Aldershot Town v Man City. 

Yeah but with the sound muted I get bored as fuck, I will likely watch the Danish version though they are horse shit bare 1 or 2. I dont know about Aldershot but I do know Murphy said if City win its a victory for football......like thats disrespectful to the club imo. Whatever as long as we win thats all the victory we need.

Paul Scholes labels his critics 'bellends' and hits back at the 'shit' he has received after downplaying Villarreal's Europa League final chances against his former club Manchester United - while making a dig at Unai Emery's tactics

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9627645/Paul-Scholes-labels-critics-b-ends-Villarreal-verdict-comes-bite.html

Snowflake GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

Paul Scholes labels his critics 'bellends' and hits back at the 'shit' he has received after downplaying Villarreal's Europa League final chances against his former club Manchester United - while making a dig at Unai Emery's tactics

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9627645/Paul-Scholes-labels-critics-b-ends-Villarreal-verdict-comes-bite.html

He deserves much worse, show some fucking respect you utter twat, in a one match game everything is possible. Ohh you cant take some beating scholes after dishing it out? Then shut your traps next time you cunt.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Every morning I wake up and giggle that Man U got beat by Villarreal and the check RedCafe to see the meltdown is still ongoing. Totally made my season as a fan.

No worries, the pgmol will have their arms around them for the third season come soon.

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

lol

contrary to most ppl I always thought he was overrated as a player, despite that short-lived trend of ex-players thinking it is fashionable to praise the ginger dwarf.

Even worse pundit tho.

hace 15 horas, Vesper dijo:

Find it odd why he hasn’t slammed the United players or manager? If he is of the belief Villarreal are what they are, not great and shouldn’t have had enough about them to win then surely the only persons to blame are the United players and manager no?

Roy Keane is probably the only ex United person who would go through them because the rest of them are spineless cunts who are still shit scared of Sir Alex Ferguson and call him gaffer despite retiring about 15 years ago as well as probably afraid to say anything out of line about Ole incase he gets in touch with them 😂 

Souness and Keane should commentate/analysis every football game. As well as Neville, Richards and Carragher. The other ones not very good. 

Edited by OneMoSalah