Messi: I hate Chelsea (7 years ago)

There is no such thing as a 'best player ever'.. You can be the best player of your generation but you can't compare Messi to Maradonna or Pele. Football has evolved i the course of time.

In the time of Péle, the medical staff was worse, the balls were heavier, the shoes were heavier, the pitch was worse. Things have improved since then and football is a lot 'easier' now. The football players have complete guidance and everything is taken care of for them.

Maradonna was the best of his generation, so were Cruijff and Péle, so was Zidane, Di stefano

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his argument is apt actually. Wasn't it you who said maradonna single handedly took Argentina to a world cup and single handedly took napoli to a league title? Yet you say napoli didn't play in a good enough team for European success? Why did he not single handedly take them to success then? This is based on your rationale of course

I am assuming you mean Maradona and not Napoli in that stament.

You might as well ask me why he didnt take all the teams he played for throughout his career in Spain, italy argentina, to glory. Althought that is an absurdly stupid question but whatever.

Based on my rationale you tell me if Messi's performance for his country is as good as the ones for Barcelona. 1 goal in two world cups. Even ballack has a better goals to games ratio for his country than Messi. When Messi delivers these performances for his country and wins it, then I would agree but untill then, Maradona is class apart.

his argument is apt actually. Wasn't it you who said maradonna single handedly took Argentina to a world cup and single handedly took napoli to a league title? Yet you say napoli didn't play in a good enough team for European success? Why did he not single handedly take them to success then? This is based on your rationale of course

Too much to ask from a player, dont you think? Specially playing for a side that had never won the Italian league...asking if he won the European cup cus Messi won it playing for the best side ever is a stupid argument to start with.

I am assuming you mean Maradona and not Napoli in that stament.

You might as well ask me why he didnt take all the teams he played for throughout his career in Spain, italy argentina, to glory. Althought that is an absurdly stupid question but whatever.

yes I did mean maradonna, sorry. As for the second paragraph of your reply, surely you realise that what you are stating that I am saying is, in fact, what YOU actually said eg. Maradonna single handedly won a world cup and italian title. Again by your rationale if he could do that SINGLE HANDEDLY with argies and napoli then why not with everyone else? You already rendered his team mates with those two sides immaterial so why not his other teams lol.

Too much to ask from a player, dont you think? Specially playing for a side that had never won the Italian league...asking if he won the European cup cus Messi won it playing for the best side ever is a stupid argument to start with.

AGAIN these are YOUR COMMENTS I'm quoting lol. Read back if your unsure

Single handedly is such a cruel thing to say when talking about Maradona lol cheating drugged up midget cunt. He never won the UCL tho so he couldn't 'single handedly' do absolutely anything could he :)

There is no point comparing two players in two different eras, everything is different so there is absolutely no point.

Btw there is not such thing as single handedly winning the league/cup in football. Football is a team game, you need your teammate probably more than any game. Can Maradona score a goal by passing 3-4 players ? yes he can, but can he do that every single game ? Can he stop other team from scoring ? Does he need his teammate to open up space for him and pass him the ball ?

In football it's better to have 11 good player rather than 1 great player and 10 crappy players.

You can put maradona/messi/CR to wigan, I am pretty sure they are not going to win the league,

Too many teams stand back and admire Messi - a good Harrisesque 'reducer' would let him know he's in a game with Chelsea irrespective of whether the quotes and hype is true or not

Well I'm sure that's exactly what Del Horno was thinking 7 years ago :lol:

yes I did mean maradonna, sorry. As for the second paragraph of your reply, surely you realise that what you are stating that I am saying is, in fact, what YOU actually said eg. Maradonna single handedly won a world cup and italian title. Again by your rationale if he could do that SINGLE HANDEDLY with argies and napoli then why not with everyone else? You already rendered his team mates with those two sides immaterial so why not his other teams lol.

Like I said, that is too much to ask for....expecting him to do that with every team is stupid. He did that with Argentina, has messi even done half of what Maradona has done on an international level so far? I see that you conveniently ignore Messi's ordinary international form, specially in the world cups.

Calling Messi the best player ever while he is playing for the best side ever in club competitions and shits all over while playing for Argentina is just a myopic view.

maradona was suspended because the drugs he took was illegal so that was a poor comparison

i still dont know why i or anyone should give a damn about a player kicking a sound mic while celebrating an important goal

he didn't kick a camera, didn't kick a ball into anyone's face while celebrating, so who cares

I thought HGH (Growth Hormone), in the form Messi was taking it, was a banned substance as well?

You havent yet bothered to justify why messi is shit for Argentina scoring 1 goal in two WCs...do that and then I may reply..

I don't need to justify it because I have never in this conversation set down guidelines that must be met before being crowned best ever. It is you who is fanatical about winning a world cup but for me internationals are not even an issue.