Messi: I hate Chelsea (7 years ago)

I don't think there's much rivalry at all on their behalf to be honest... Yeah we dislike them because of the controversy in 'that' semi-final but i think they just see us as another English club. I could be wrong though.

I also think messi is a little overated thanks to the players around him. Look at mascherano for example. He goes to barcelona and suddenly he's one of the "best" CBs in europe :rolleyes:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comment, while far from gentlemanly, was in jest, hence the second line referring to him being doped up (which he obviously isn't).

My bad. I didn't get the sense of humour. With all the hate flowing in here, kinda hard to distinguish humour or seriousness.

I also think messi is a little overated thanks to the players around him. Look at mascherano for example. He goes to barcelona and suddenly he's one of the "best" CBs in europe :rolleyes:

Messi isn't overrated. If he receives good passes from Iniesta and Xavi, this is because he knows how to put himself in good positions to receive good balls. That's that.

Ps. Mascherano is just an average stop gap, that's the reason why when Abidal is fit, he is on the bench. That being said, he has improved a lot.

okay, so what about it

who cares

Who does that in a celebration? This a comparison:

Maradona does drugs (cocaine to be exact) and screams into a camera for about half a second. Suspended.

Messi takes drugs (growth hormones to be exact) and kicks a soud mic to hell. Circle Jerk.

The situations aren't the same but the actions are. Besides kicking a sound mic is equal to kicking a camera, and if Messi did indeed kick a camera, I wonder what the reaction would be.

It's not like I didn't like the goal too.

Who does that in a celebration? This a comparison:

Maradona does drugs (cocaine to be exact) and screams into a camera for about half a second. Suspended.

Messi takes drugs (growth hormones to be exact) and kicks a soud mic to hell. Circle Jerk.

The situations aren't the same but the actions are. Besides kicking a sound mic is equal to kicking a camera, and if Messi did indeed kick a camera, I wonder what the reaction would be.

It's not like I didn't like the goal too.

so cocaine and growth hormone are the same category of drugs now

one is an illegal party drug, while the other was used to help a kid from a poor family grow a bit taller so he can play football at the highest level

so cocaine and growth hormone are the same category of drugs now

one is an illegal party drug, while the other was used to help a kid from a poor family grow a bit taller so he can play football at the highest level

Didn't I say 'the situations aren't the same'? I never said or insinuated they were the same damn thing. Stop using reductio ad absurdum.

Besides I have more than once defended Messi and growth hormoans on this forum.

Didn't I say 'the situations aren't the same'? I never said or insinuated they were the same damn thing. Stop using reductio ad absurdum.

Besides I have more than once defended Messi and growth hormoans on this forum.

maradona was suspended because the drugs he took was illegal so that was a poor comparison

i still dont know why i or anyone should give a damn about a player kicking a sound mic while celebrating an important goal

he didn't kick a camera, didn't kick a ball into anyone's face while celebrating, so who cares

maradona was suspended because the drugs he took was illegal so that was a poor comparison

i still dont know why i or anyone should give a damn about a player kicking a sound mic while celebrating an important goal

he didn't kick a camera, didn't kick a ball into anyone's face while celebrating, so who cares

In my mind it reaffirms his holier than thou attitude. I don't care about the sound mic, it is the gesture that bothers me.

I don't think there's much rivalry at all on their behalf to be honest... Yeah we dislike them because of the controversy in 'that' semi-final but i think they just see us as another English club. I could be wrong though.

To my knowledge Barca do think of us as Rivals as much as we do them, we're perhaps their second biggest rivalry behind Madrid. They have had epic battles with us in the past, and apperently they respect us alot. Make no mistakes, this is a 2 way street, yes perhaps we hate them more but that's only because we're in the position we're in now. WHEN we climb back to the top Barca will be much more scared of us and the Barca-Chelsea rivalry will be back to where it was 2+ years ago

Where were you 8 years back..? The rivalry did not start in 09....

He really isnt mate. He may well be surrounded by great players but he is without a doubt the best player of this generation if not ever.

edit. After super Frank

Messi is slightly overrated, and CR7 is slightly underrated, having said that Messi is still the best player on earth, but the difference between him and CR7 is not miles or Night and Day as some idiots think. In any other time we would be calling CR7 the best of all time, although he still is one of the Greatest players ever IMO, truly incredible Player.