Chelsea 2-1 Benfica

Man of the Match  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

It's over-the-top, yes, but it's not scapegoating. It's just a recognition of what a horrible footballer he is and I don't think that's unfair. He has no footballing brain and he screws a lot of moves up due to his lack of ability or common sense.

Most people recognize that he works hard for the team and I think most people, like me, would rather see him playing than Malouda. But it's not a Malouda v Kalou debate, because both are utter shit right now. And to be fair to Malouda - for two seasons he was one of the best wingers in the world. Kalou has always been Kalou.

Usually after games I go a little crazy and say things I don't mean but I still stand by what I said re: Kalou.

I like him as a person and he has scored a lot of important goals for this club, but it's truly unbelievable that he's still here at the club. Can you imagine us giving Sinclair, Tore or some other youngster these chances? Or buying some young, talented and hungry player to take his place....

Don't get me wrong but I definitely agree with what has been generally about Kalou as a footballer because he can really be a frustrating figure to watch especially when he messes those easy situations up! However, just focusing on this game alone, I don't think he was that bad as everyone seem to make it. Again, I stress that I'm not defending him but if people are going to start pinpointing our offensive problems on that night, how come nobody mention Torres?? Apart from that one decent shot that was just deflected wide, he did absolutely nothing at all! And yet, he escaped all the criticisms here. Why?!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over-the-top, yes, but it's not scapegoating. It's just a recognition of what a horrible footballer he is and I don't think that's unfair. He has no footballing brain and he screws a lot of moves up due to his lack of ability or common sense.

Most people recognize that he works hard for the team and I think most people, like me, would rather see him playing than Malouda. But it's not a Malouda v Kalou debate, because both are utter shit right now. And to be fair to Malouda - for two seasons he was one of the best wingers in the world. Kalou has always been Kalou.

Usually after games I go a little crazy and say things I don't mean but I still stand by what I said re: Kalou.

I like him as a person and he has scored a lot of important goals for this club, but it's truly unbelievable that he's still here at the club. Can you imagine us giving Sinclair, Tore or some other youngster these chances? Or buying some young, talented and hungry player to take his place....

He's just an awful footballer who has compensated for his lack of actual football talent (ability to make passes, etc) by developing the skills that he does have which is instinct on where to run, pace, and... thats about it lol.

He is an AWFUL footballer. I give you that. Lack of technique blah blah blah. But he is a good rotation option. Can play wing, can play attack, not a Bad header, okayish pace and has a much better goals per game ratio than our other strikers (0.6 to 0.2 if you are wondering) but he should not play big games. Especially not a Champions League quarter final second leg when we are looking to kill of a tie. Sturridge should have played ahead of Kalou for the Benfica game.

What is ideal for Kalou is this weekend's game against Wigan. He has a knack of scoring against small teams

As for next season, should he be there? or should he be replaced by someone with more pace and trickery? i think he should be let go. Next season, even our bench strength should be greater and He has had so many chances(since 2006!) to establish himself and never took it. (I know Capri will disagree, though)

He is an AWFUL footballer. I give you that. Lack of technique blah blah blah. But he is a good rotation option. Can play wing, can play attack, not a Bad header, okayish pace and has a much better goals per game ratio than our other strikers (0.6 to 0.2 if you are wondering) but he should not play big games. Especially not a Champions League quarter final second leg when we are looking to kill of a tie. Sturridge should have played ahead of Kalou for the Benfica game.

What is ideal for Kalou is this weekend's game against Wigan. He has a knack of scoring against small teams

As for next season, should he be there? or should he be replaced by someone with more pace and trickery? i think he should be let go. Next season, even our bench strength should be greater and He has had so many chances(since 2006!) to establish himself and never took it. (I know Capri will disagree, though)

Its better if he leaves in the summer because there is no chance of him being a regular starter next season.I am not sure what Chelsea will do with Kakuta next season but if they choose to keep him and give him chances to play in the first team then the absence of Kalou will surely boost his chances of succeeding.Then again we have KDB,who IMO should be a regular starter next season as he is perfect for that left winger role but the board have already predetermined his fate and will most likely loan him out to a la liga or premiership side.

Also,Chelsea must decide if they are going to sign yet another winger in the summer,a winger such as Hazard or Hulk who have both proven their world class ability to the whole world.

There is also the factor of where Kalou will go if he leaves Chelsea.Reports have said Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in him but I personally wouldn't want him to leave us for a rival club but knowing that Chelsea were ready offer 40m+Kalou for Modric shows that they don't really care.

Its better if he leaves in the summer because there is no chance of him being a regular starter next season.I am not sure what Chelsea will do with Kakuta next season but if they choose to keep him and give him chances to play in the first team then the absence of Kalou will surely boost his chances of succeeding.Then again we have KDB,who IMO should be a regular starter next season as he is perfect for that left winger role but the board have already predetermined his fate and will most likely loan him out to a la liga or premiership side.

Also,Chelsea must decide if they are going to sign yet another winger in the summer,a winger such as Hazard or Hulk who have both proven their world class ability to the whole world.

There is also the factor of where Kalou will go if he leaves Chelsea.Reports have said Arsenal and Liverpool are interested in him but I personally wouldn't want him to leave us for a rival club but knowing that Chelsea were ready offer 40m+Kalou for Modric shows that they don't really care.

Kalou would fit perfectly at Liverpool :D

can we swap Torres for Grant Holt?

Imagine if we did do that, and he flopped as well...we wouldn't even be able to say: "Form is temporary,. class is forever". Still.... I guess he wouldn't be labelled a 50 mill flop...