Chelsea vs Benfica

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were playing better, but it was a pen and 2nd yellow. Don't see why you're crying.

Handball in the first leg

terry-penalti-benfica-chelsea.jpg?w=640&h=426

I'm telling you, you will feel the same thing against Barca, just like a few years ago with with Ovrebo.

I'm telling you, you will feel the same thing against Barca, just like a few years ago with with Ovrebo.

So your coach was saying that you will knock us out the CL it certainly does not look like that way. Drogba and every Chelsea fan was happy to draw Benfica because lets face it dude your not a European powerhouse !

Ok, I'll speak from an unbiased point of view.

Ref gives out more cards than a gift shop. Having said that, he set his rules and authority from the first minute, meaning any sort of bad tackle his giving out a yellow card. All the players knew this, but they still went into challenges semi-dangerously. All cards were deserved IF we follow this ref's precedent.

just admit it already! we have been tactically better over the 2 legs so far. your defence can manure my garden and you cant claim your point on ONE refereein decision gone the other way. Today's decisions were RIGHT. Penalty - yes. Red? Yes

I hope Chelsea whip Benfica's ass in the second half

Do you really think Terry could of got his arms out of the way of that? He was like 2 yards away and the ball traveled at some speed, it wasn't like Essien vs Man City when he put his hands above his head...

I know what you mean mate, we've had the ref advantage in both legs now, i've been there and it isn't nice. Good luck to you, and if you get nothing from the match hope you do well in other competitions you have left.

Just to be clear, I hate Barca and I hope that you go to the final, but I'm disappointed because we have been unlucky and the reff's (first leg and today) are being nice to you, I was hoping a for fair game.

I was not very hopeful for this game because our 4 central defenders are injured, Javi Garcia is a defensive midfielder and Emerson a left back, but we are playing good.

Why so nervy, lads ? Wasn´t really all plain sailing. Thanks to some naive defending and some frustration of the Benfica players we are one nill up.Keep the heads, string together the passes and Keep playing football, not hiding.

Credit to Benfica though who´ve been playing forward and positively.