Glory Hunter

Zakhar

I have a very simple outlook towards supporting football teams.

Support who the hell you want. I don't care if you support a club that is 10,000 miles away. As long as you support that club through thick and thin, and do not foresake it for another during the bad times, then you are a true supporter.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong in being a Gloryhunter.... Everyone in the world is a glory hunter in some way or another....

I think there is a difference between a glory hunter and someone who just supports a top European team outside their homeland. We have never won the UCL, only been champions of England 4 times and won other trophies here n there really. Glory hunters are the guys who support Liverpool so they can gloat about the 5 European cups and 18 league titles they've won or Barca fans that have supported them since 2009 when they became the best team in the world, winning everything. I think, if you're a glory hunter and you're a Chelsea fan, you chose the wrong team.

Ditto.

The people who go on about 'plastic fans', 'no history', 'big club' etc show themselves up for what they are - the fakest spoilt glory hunting muppets going.

Ditto.

The people who go on about 'plastic fans', 'no history', 'big club' etc show themselves up for what they are - the fakest spoilt glory hunting muppets going.

Not necessarily true. A lot of people who have been Chels since the 60s, for instance, and have seen the real tough times such as the 80s, I think they're quite right when they say some of the current generation have been spoilt by our success. I don't think it makes you a 'glory hunter' for being honest. Just my personal view, unless I''ve read your post incorrectly, and you're talking about supporters of teams like Liverpool who always slag us off? It's just because they're jealous :D

As long as you were never a supporter of a different team then you are not a glory hunter. We have a lot of fans from all over the world who had no interest in football prior to watching Chelsea and that makes me so proud and they are in my opinion true supporters of the club. Say for example if you supported Porto and then you watch Chelsea and you like Chelsea then you support Chelsea then you are not a true supporter of Chelsea football club in my opinion. The reason why is because if Chelsea had not been a high profile club then Chelsea FC would never have landed on your radar, this is why you'll never find a Cardiff supporter overseas in places like South Korea. You could then say that Chelsea football club would never have landed in the non football supporters radar either but the sheer fact that individuals had no interest in football to begin with solidifies my argument.

What would make you a glory hunter if you jump ship and 'supported another EPL club, say if city won the title this season and then you support city thats what would make you a glory hunter, so no your not, If at the start of the match you talk about you wanted chelsea to win, and at the end you was jumping around because united won, that would make you a glory hunter and the fact your still hear this season, there is ya answer, No you are not a glory hunter.

:)

I pretty much supported Chelsea when Abramovich was here, because it wont really count when i was little, my dad was a huge supporter of Chelsea, he had me in the kits when i was little, it's always been my favourite club, but i don't think it would really count, because i would of been like 7 i think when Roman took over the club, i still have football memories but not many, i remember my favourite player was Ronaldinho, i used to buzz over him when i was little. But as far as i can remember i have always loved Chelsea, and i wasn't really forced into it, i could've chosen another club when i was older, but always loved this one.

Yeah, some stupid idiots, who are mostly fans of Manchester United or Barcelona, call me gloryhunter too...But who cares... I support Chelsea with all my heart already for 8 years, not because Roman Abramovich, but because Petr Čech joined Chelsea... Since that time I love Chelsea more and more and I don't care if we win or lose, i'm always behind the club 100%... I spend hours a week reading about Chelsea, discussing, watching matches, proudly wearing Chelsea shirts and I enjoying it... I'm pretty sure I'll be always behind Chelsea and I'm proud which team I support... So don't care about these idiots and support continuously...

Win or lose, up the Blues!

Not necessarily true. A lot of people who have been Chels since the 60s, for instance, and have seen the real tough times such as the 80s, I think they're quite right when they say some of the current generation have been spoilt by our success. I don't think it makes you a 'glory hunter' for being honest. Just my personal view, unless I''ve read your post incorrectly, and you're talking about supporters of teams like Liverpool who always slag us off? It's just because they're jealous :D

Second time's the charm ;)

When I started supporting Chelsea, it wasn't for the money or glory, no. It was for much more important things, ya know...the colors, shirt, badge, name, etc. Growing up outside of the UK means none of us international fans will be "born" into a club. However we got here don't matter. It only matters that were here. KTBFFH!

What i find the most funny thing is getting called a glory supporter by say a Torquay fan is one thing, but when Liverpool and United fans call our support plastic well the hypocrisy beggar's belief considering they both have more of what you would call 'plastic' fans than any other team's on this earth.

Im not just saying this because im a Chelsea fan but i haven't meet one Chelsea fan i would deem a 'plastic', all fellow Chelsea fans ive meet know their stuff and the club and are passionate as anything.

Was just browsing through my facebook and came across this douchebag who was my classmate a while back.. I wasn't close to him but I thought he was a legit Chels supporter............... and now he 'supports' Liverpool. Saw someone post on his wall asking him why he changed allegiances and he replied: "Chelsea play boring football"

:doh:

Unfriended him immediately :lol:

I started to watch football since I was eight. Somehow Real and Chelsea were the clubs I imediately liked. Since 2002, proud fan of both, Real and Chelsea. I feel things when I watch this two clubs, like endless happines or saddnes when they win or lose. Moments when this club lost finals against united or semis against barca, won against napoli recently will never be forgotten to me. Congrats to United or Barca, but winners for me will always be Chelsea. I dont really care about other clubs, if they win, they win. On other side I realy dont like Barca at all on other hand. Nothing about respect, but I have just bad feeling about them. Still I can easily admit, they are curently the best team in the world. But to think to cheer for them? Not in worst nightmare...

All I can say is Real and Chelsea all the way!

I started to watch football since I was eight. Somehow Real and Chelsea were the clubs I imediately liked. Since 2002, proud fan of both, Real and Chelsea. I feel things when I watch this two clubs, like endless happines or saddnes when they win or lose. Moments when this club lost finals against united or semis against barca, won against napoli recently will never be forgotten to me. Congrats to United or Barca, but winners for me will always be Chelsea. I dont really care about other clubs, if they win, they win. On other side I realy dont like Barca at all on other hand. Nothing about respect, but I have just bad feeling about them. Still I can easily admit, they are curently the best team in the world. But to think to cheer for them? Not in worst nightmare...

All I can say is Real and Chelsea all the way!

+1 (Y) Hala Madrid and Up the Blues! (Madrid my 2nd fav club)