Glory Hunter

Zakhar

Hello everyone!!!!I just want you to ask do you think i am a Glory hunter????I live in Lviv,Ukraine(Euro 2012 host city).I started to support Chelsea after CL game Chelsea 4:2 Barcelona in 2005(i was 15 years old at the moment).Because of our expensive prices for sport channels i did not have opportunity to watch any of Premier league games before,so i did not know anything about Chelsea.I didn`t know about money they had or their leadership in premier league.I was just so disappointed after ronaldinho`s second goal,so when Terry scored winning goal i was screaming like a crazy:)So after that game i started to support that amazing team and watch their CL games until Liverpool stoped them.And then in Ukraine they started to show premier league games on tv so i tried not to miss any their game till today.Basically i am watching Chelsea games since 2005/2006 session.I`ve never been to England so i am dreaming about Stamford Bridge and one day i will go there.I know Chelsea history,not perfectly but a lot.I have scarf,three jerseys and video collection of game highlights from 2006 to nowadays.I know it might sound crazy but i am trying to collect anything that has name Chelsea on it.I am pretty sure i would support them even if they would play in second division.There is also my local team i am supporting because i feel responsible for that.So does it makes me a glory hunter???In fact i don`t care if someone would call me glory hunter because it doesn't matter.I still will support Chelsea and i don`t need to prove anything to anyone but just out of curiosity do you consider me as a glory hunter???Sorry for my English!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It`s very important to know what Chelsea supporters from England think about that!!!Because everyone else who is not english and started support Chelsea after Abramovich came and they become famous have the same story as mine!!!!

I also start supporting Chelsea since Abramovich came (i was like 12). :ph34r: To be more specific, when Roman came to Chelsea, the club became popular around the world...before that, i only knew Arsenal, Liverpool and ManUtd (from premier) to be sincere...

LOL This is like walking up to someone you've never met before and asking, "Do you think I'm a good person?"

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

LOL This is like walking up to someone you've never met before and asking, "Do you think I'm a good person?"

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Thank you!!!I told you my story so why can`t you tell me your opinion???You don`t have to know me to answer the question :rolleyes:

I also start supporting Chelsea since Abramovich came (i was like 12). :ph34r: To be more specific, when Roman came to Chelsea, the club became popular around the world...before that, i only knew Arsenal, Liverpool and ManUtd (from premier) to be sincere...

me to......but i also knew Newcastle because they played in CL against Dynamo Kyiv(club from my country).

Hello everyone!!!!I just want you to ask do you think i am a Glory hunter????I live in Lviv,Ukraine(Euro 2012 host city).I started to support Chelsea after CL game Chelsea 4:2 Barcelona in 2005(i was 15 years old at the moment).Because of our expensive prices for sport channels i did not have opportunity to watch any of Premier league games before,so i did not know anything about Chelsea.I didn`t know about money they had or their leadership in premier league.I was just so disappointed after ronaldinho`s second goal,so when Terry scored winning goal i was screaming like a crazy:)So after that game i started to support that amazing team and watch their CL games until Liverpool stoped them.And then in Ukraine they started to show premier league games on tv so i tried not to miss any their game till today.Basically i am watching Chelsea games since 2005/2006 session.I`ve never been to England so i am dreaming about Stamford Bridge and one day i will go there.I know Chelsea history,not perfectly but a lot.I have scarf,three jerseys and video collection of game highlights from 2006 to nowadays.I know it might sound crazy but i am trying to collect anything that has name Chelsea on it.I am pretty sure i would support them even if they would play in second division.There is also my local team i am supporting because i feel responsible for that.So does it makes me a glory hunter???In fact i don`t care if someone would call me glory hunter because it doesn't matter.I still will support Chelsea and i don`t need to prove anything to anyone but just out of curiosity do you consider me as a glory hunter???Sorry for my English!!!

Fact is now it doesn't matter nowdays, if the club puts the biggest smile on you'r face it's all that matters :).

There'll be loads of fans of historically more successful but now less successful clubs, for example, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and to a lesser extent, Tottenham, that will tell you you're a glory hunter. Don't believe it for a second, you are no more a glory hunter than a Liverpool fan from Ukraine who only started supporting Liverpool in 2005. They'll tell you that we are a shit club with no history and all kinds of other media-driven lies, but none of this is true whatsoever. Just because you reached the decision to support Chelsea coincided with one of our greatest spells in our history does not mean you are a glory hunter; these Arsenal/Liverpool fans etc. will claim they only support their club because of geographical reasons or family history; really? Your dad/uncle/whatever only supported that team because when he was young they were successful. And if you want to play the location card, why don't you support a less successful club? Why not AFC Wimbledon or Tranmere Rovers? They also play in London and Liverpool.

Nothing wrong in being a Gloryhunter.... Everyone in the world is a glory hunter in some way or another....

As long as you remain humble about it and not tattoo your face with "19 titles" or bear the arrogance of United supporters, the denial of Arsenal supporters and the delusions of Liverpool supporters, i think you're just fine.

We are still in our growth period, and while 8 years seem a long time in our lives, in term of the club's history, it is only a short period.

It is obvious that with a clubs growth, the supporters will grow as well.

The reality is that 99% of international supporters follow the top 5.... If your friend or anyone calls you a glory hunter, ask them why they support their team instead of stoke. Because Stoke can never fulfill their Glory motivated ambitions.

However, I'm a glory hunter like John Terry.... A one club man! Changing allegiances is a thought so alien to me, I'd rather die than imagine myself singing songs for other teams.

KTBFFH.

I think there is a difference between a glory hunter and someone who just supports a top European team outside their homeland. We have never won the UCL, only been champions of England 4 times and won other trophies here n there really. Glory hunters are the guys who support Liverpool so they can gloat about the 5 European cups and 18 league titles they've won or Barca fans that have supported them since 2009 when they became the best team in the world, winning everything. I think, if you're a glory hunter and you're a Chelsea fan, you chose the wrong team.

Welcome to Chelsea and to TC

There's your answer. It doesn't matter when or why you started supporting the club and it certainly doesn't matter what others call you as long as you support the club through thick and thin.