What positives can be implied for the next 8 premier league games?

Firstly let’s face it; we really don’t have the quality to get into the top 4 (though I would always that we would but my mind just doesn’t agree) especially with the kind games coming up for us. We still have to face Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool. Even the manager has now mentioned that it is very difficult to get fourth place. So what is that we can salvage from what is remaining in the season.

Firstly, I would really want that we concentrate on the FA cup and Champions League all out. We do stand a chance to win one of the 2 which is achievable.

Secondly, For the next 8 premier league games, I would really want the management to give the experienced players a rest so that can focus on the FA and the Champions. At the same time, they should try and give as much as game time possible to our youth. I know this does sound crazy and lot of you would say that they aren’t ready but honestly what do we have to lose out of it. We have already lost out on places in the league, our experienced players are out of gas and out of passion, and we have already sacked the manager, what else is there to lose. The few players who would be picked from the youth team to play in the senior team would have no pressure whatsoever plus giving them more game time at this stage might send out the right message to our youth. I would go to the length of calling back Josh (he isn’t getting starts out there) and letting him play in the eleven along with Lukaku, Bertrand, Hutchinson, Lucas, Romeu, Billy Clifford to name a few. And who knows we might end up winning a few more games at the end of the day. This would keep our experienced players fresh for the important FA and Champions game as well.

All I’m trying to do here is to see if got have anything positive happening for us in the next 8 premier league games.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestion.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we can approach 5 of the 8 games with a free mentality. Lets just go out there and try and smash through the opposition defence with our youngsters. If they score 4 we'll try to get 5. No need for the elder statesmen except for those 3 important fixtures.

we don't have much to lose. I think the FA cup is a more realistic target than the CL. Ok, now we face Benfica, but then? we'll probably be raped by Real/Barca/Bayer.

I've heard some of you guys saying that the old guard is playing like they don't care. This is another reason to bench them, I don't care if they're legends. Probably the kids aren't ready, but how can they get the experience they need if they don't play?

the biggest positive is that this crap season will soon be over ...perhaps we will win the FA cup ,, but that wont mask my disappointment that

the club and the fans have beel let down badly.

next season we need young hungry players so we might as well start now giving them more starts

The club needs to plan for next season now. I know Robbie might not be here next season (and I don't expect him to be) but he could do a massive justice to this club by trying to bed in a team of players who will be here next season.

Cech will remain in goal.

Left back I was of the opinion Ashley Cole will stay at the club, but now I'm not entirely convinced. He'll have a year left on his contract and at 31 and on £120k per week this summer might be the best time to sell him and pocket a bit of money for him. Even at his age he's still highly thought of by Real Madrid and Barcelona, and we could still probably get somewhere between £8-10m for him. So give Bertrand some games, I'm not saying to play every game but at the very least the home premier league games will give him some good experience to push on with next season.

Bosingwa will surely go in the summer so play Brana right back and Hutchinson his understudy. Have Hutch similar to Bertrand start a couple of games, maybe the ones before FA Cup and Champs League games to give Brana a rest.

Continue to rotate Terry, Cahill and David Luiz at the back. It's good for all to get used to playing with each other because I'm quickly becoming comfortable with any pairing which bodes well for the future, where in the past we have over-relied on Terry playing through injuries which have at times caught up with him.

PLAY ROMEU!!! What the hell has he done wrong to suddenly not be playing. It seems as soon as Essien returned, Romeu had to step aside. Fuck that mentality, it's the reason we're now in this mess that we have a bulk of a squad which has grown old and stale together.

Ramires must move back into the centre, without him our midfield is slow and ponderous, severely lacking legs.

Lampard cannot play every game anymore, like Essien he hasn't got the legs to drive the team on continuously.

Mata needs a rest, we have relied on him all season and not only is it catching up with him but teams have realised that if they nulify him, we have nothing.

And Torres must play from now on. We need to see if he is going to step up as our main striker next season. Ther's no point finding out in August as it may be too late by then and ruin next season. I don't see the point in playing Drogba if he isn't going to be here next season and we have other options for his position. Have Lukaku as Torres' understudy and give him playing time. We may find he's actually capable of stepping up next season before we spend £40m on a new striker and he falls into the abyss of multiple loan moves before being sold in 3-4 years time!

For me we should play something like:

4-2-3-1 (with Mata)

Cech

Ivanovic/Hutchinson

Cahill

David Luiz/Terry

Cole/Bertrand

Mikel/Romeu

Ramires

Sturridge

Mata

Kalou/Malouda

Torres/Lukaku

4-3-3 (without Mata)

Cech

Ivanovic/Hutchinson

Cahill

David Luiz/Terry

Cole/Bertrand

Romeu/Mikel

Ramires/Essien

Lampard/Meireles

Sturridge

Kalou/Malouda

Torres/Lukaku

so many valid points in the last post ...

time to call it a day for Essien .Lampard ..Drogba .Malouda ..Bosingwa ..Kalou..

no point in delaying the inevitable. We have invested heavily in the Academy and also signing younger players ..

time to use KDB , Kakuta ,,Lukaku Bertrand..and perhaps even Piazon.

Kalou and Malouda are in the same boat as Drogba in that they're likely to move on this summer so why play them? The difference between them and Drogba is that we don't have any other options to play players out wide whereas we have other options in Drogba's position which are to be the future of this club moving forward.

Our best young wide prospects, Kakuta and De Bruyne, are both out on loan so in that position we unfortunately have to muddle through.

Also players such as Malouda and Kalou are key to giving Mata a rest before we break the guy!

It was good that this season happen to us because it is a wake up call to the board and Roman (If he still interested in the team) to get their act together and work.

Had we had another season like the one Carlo had in his first season we would have pamper the cracks over again, and giving long term contract to those that don't deserve it.

This clear out was due a long time ago, but when you are blinded by short term glory it makes the job harder.

As part of this rebuilding phase I hope we don't go out and spend £45m on Modric and pay over the odds for other players too when we have some very promising talent already at the club. Next season I don't care where we finish in the league as long as the following happens:

• Lukaku and McEachran are given at least 15 starts each
  • Bertrand is given at least 10 starts
  • We don't sack the manager half way through the season
  • Chalobah is given a few substitute appearances in Mickey Mouse cups
  • We don't lose to Tottenham at home

As part of this rebuilding phase I hope we don't go out and spend £45m on Modric and pay over the odds for other players too when we have some very promising talent already at the club. Next season I don't care where we finish in the league as long as the following happens:

• Lukaku and McEachran are given at least 15 starts each
  • Bertrand is given at least 10 starts
  • We don't sack the manager half way through the season
  • Chalobah is given a few substitute appearances in Mickey Mouse cups
  • We don't lose to Tottenham at home

I would completely agree with all the points u mentioned.

I m not in favor of us spending us loads and loads of money on new signing, rather give our lads a try out as we are set to lose out on revenue next season and with the FPP coming in we would need to tighten our spending.

We have invested heavily in the Academy and also signing younger players ..

why investing in the youngsters and not playing them? are our kids good only to be part of deals to sign other players? I will never get to understand how the board works :angry:

And now is the chance to show them some support and offer them all opportunities, because we can't afford to replace our squad entirely with new players. We need the youth as squad players.