New Chelsea Manager

If you don't like it cause I make fun of our ridicules board then I am sorry!

But the fact is that no matter who we get, our board will keep doing the same dumb shit over and over again.

In order for a new manager to work we need people who know how to plan. They have to detect what is that Chelsea needs what is require and not just throw money at the latest hot thing out there.

So as far as I am concern any new manager that comes is already a dead man walking till we fix the main problem.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports have suggested that Guss may consider a return to Chelsea in June but I would appreciate if Roman looked at younger candidates.Guss is 65 years old and since longevity is what we fans crave for,I think the job will be unsuitable for him.We need a coach in his 40s to 50s who has achieved substantial amount of recognition and is a great motivator but then again Roman contradicts the whole idea of managerial longevity at this club.

Based on my judgements,I have shortlisted the 3 most viable and realistic candidates.

1.Didier Deschamps

2.Pep Guardiola

3.Frank Rijkaard

Frank rijkaard ? Seriously? I would prefer hiddink over him

With Guus, you to bear in mind that the only club he has done well with was his two spells with PSV. Apart from that he has been completly average (Valencia) or a complete flop (Real Madrid in the 90s). We are only judging him during a sport shell where veryone was glad and motivated that the previous manager was sacked.

If you don't like it cause I make fun of our ridicules board then I am sorry!

But the fact is that no matter who we get, our board will keep doing the same dumb shit over and over again.

In order for a new manager to work we need people who know how to plan. They have to detect what is that Chelsea needs what is require and not just throw money at the latest hot thing out there.

So as far as I am concern any new manager that comes is already a dead man walking.

Ok...overlookin your english, the board will give time to the next manager...they know the press and the public will be all over them otherwise

..that is the reason for my optimism

With Guus, you to bear in mind that the only club he has done well with was his two spells with PSV. Apart from that he has been completly average (Valencia) or a complete flop (Real Madrid in the 90s). We are only judging him during a sport shell where veryone was glad and motivated that the previous manager was sacked.

Whatever the case, 2-1 v asnl, 4-1 v asnl,0-0 nd 1-1 vs barca, 3-1 and 4-4 vs liv, the round of 16 win vs juve....impressive

Ok...overlookin your english, the board will give time to the next manager...they know the press and the public will be all over them otherwise

..that is the reason for my optimism

Looking back at our managers after Mourinho I can look past by Avram, but then they appoint Scolari which after a couple of months they admit it was a mistake.

So OK we can take that mistake and move on.

Then the next appointment we get Carlo.

What happen after 2 seasons? Was it another mistake?

Then to fire him to get a total inexperience manager...

What happen then, we made another mistake and fire him?

How many more mistakes?

Such a board would be fired by now in the real world, as you can't expect good things with a record like that.

I'm sure that Arsenal scoring five at the Bridge would never happen under Deschamps.

Yep.

Let's face it, we're not getting a complete over all. Perhaps we should sacrifice the whole 'attacking philosophy' for a while and go with a strictly defensive coach who'll get results, get us fighting for the title & gradually bring in more creative and talented players, then try the whole 'attacking' thing.

Great point, as Guus also got helped from the new manager effect.

That over hyped his record.

Although I still like his record for what he did with Australia and S. Korea. Same stuff that I like Bielsa for what he did at Chile, and Moyes for his great work at Everton.

Yep.

Let's face it, we're not getting a complete over all. Perhaps we should sacrifice the whole 'attacking philosophy' for a while and go with a strictly defensive coach who'll get results, get us fighting for the title & gradually bring in more creative and talented players, then try the whole 'attacking' thing.

The attacking feat was an implausible aim with our depleted, aging and tired squad. At the moment we should comprise a plan B, but in the long term attacking is the only way forward. Look at Barcelona and Real Madrid, even Mourinho realised it. I think that was central to AVB's downfall, the inability to conceive a plan B. If we parked the bus to fourth place AVB would still be here today. I have no doubt in my mind he had a brilliant plan for next season, but we virtually threw it away in a brash move to gain some salvation. All I'm saying is that salvation was temporary, like I thought it would be. Perhaps that's what pisses me off the most about sacking AVB, even with all this shit nothing was ever going to get better so quickly. It defies logic to think otherwise. His attacking philosophy - or purported philosophy - did have its positives, that our defensive ones wouldn't. It aided in the acquisition of Mata, and was tantalising Hazard. I guess AVB couldn't go defensive, to extol a principle as fundamental an then treat it with contempt could of been equally fatal.

Bottom line remains, this squad needs a major revamp - and we can play around with it all we want, it won't matter. The $ummer transfer window needs to be big for us.

Yep.

You're right, we need a pragmatic manager. Villas-Boas and Guardiola are just too involved in their ideology to even consider developing a plan B. I have no problems with parking the bus to 4th for 3-4 years while we revamp the squad over that period and then try and be a bit more attacking and think about winning trophies.

Whatever the case, 2-1 v asnl, 4-1 v asnl,0-0 nd 1-1 vs barca, 3-1 and 4-4 vs liv, the round of 16 win vs juve....impressive

That doesn't mean a lot. Avram Grant had these statistics as Chelsea manager:

56 games, 36 wins, 12 draws, 6 losses; at a win rate of 66.67%.

Would you take him back?