New Chelsea Manager

Brendan Rodgers would be my number one pick!

Considering he's been quoted as saying he wants to build his career and not damage it by coming here....cant see that happening unless something drastic happens to change his mind.Dont know how much truth to it is anyway but wouldnt surprise me

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 names im going to mention quickly, Sam Allardyce and Roy Hogsdon.

2 manager's that worked wonders at mid table teams with limited budget's, got them into Europe and punching well above their weight. Got top jobs at Newcastle and Liverpool respectively and both made absolute pig ears of it. If both stayed at Bolton and Fulham i guarantee a fair number of Chelsea fans would be calling for one of those 2 to come in.

Bare that in mind when calling for Rodgers or Moyes.

2 manager's that worked wonders at mid table teams with limited budget's, got them into Europe and punching well above their weight. Got top jobs at Newcastle and Liverpool respectively and both made absolute pig ears of it. If both stayed at Bolton and Fulham i guarantee a fair number of Chelsea fans would be calling for one of those 2 to come in.

All managers have to start somewhere. Those 2 are not a representation of how the trend would go if we gambled on Moyes.

All managers have to start somewhere. Those 2 are not a representation of how the trend would go if we gambled on Moyes.

Who knows maybe Moyes will be an exception to the rule but he has had the mid table will do mentality for years at Everton, it isn't easy to just change that mindset and adapt to a team with an owner that expects the lot.

Who knows maybe Moyes will be an exception to the rule but he has had the mid table will do mentality for years at Everton, it isn't easy to just change that mindset and adapt to a team with an owner that expects the lot.

That's true. But gambles can reap great rewards. Of course this club would be the worst step up for Moyes and I think he'll go to Tottenham when/if Harry goes for the England job.

This happens in football, If you don't give a manager a chance how do you know they wont succeed? Not all managers are the same.

Every manager has to work themselves up, they don't just suddenly become a manager of a top side, like for example Sir Alex managed St mirren, and Aberdeen before being the Man united manager.

We need a mananger who knows how to control players with big ego...for me, that was our mistake, AVB doesnt knew how to (in the future he will do). Guardiola was a different case with Barcelona, yes, he is young also but he is very respected in Barcelona for all what he did in his career. I know, its a bad thing that players believe that they are above everything, but its the truth so he need someone how know how to deal with this or we will have another AVB case. Obviously the new mananger also should be talented, etc.

Rafa vows to win over fans

clubcall.com

Rafa Benitez says he is keen on the Chelsea job and will win over the Blues fans if he is appointed by Roman Abramovich.

The former Liverpool boss is among the candidates to replace Andre Villas-Boas but it is a move that would not go down well with the fans who chanted anti Benitez songs against Birmingham in midweek.

However Benitez says he is not concerned as he has won over supporters in the past and if it is success Chelsea want, he is the man to lead them to glory.

"When I went to Valencia they were in the final of the Champions League and I was coming from the second division with Tenerife," Benitez revealed.

"The fans complained 'he's a young coach' and they were not sure about me. After winning two league titles and the UEFA Cup, they loved me. So the fans know what they want to see - and that's their team winning.

"I have done the same for years at different clubs so I have experience. I won the European Cup with an English club. What are Chelsea looking for? A manager who can win in Europe.

"If they have someone that can guarantee they can win a lot of games and especially in the Champions League, they will be happy."

Meanwhile, Benitez has again admitted that he wants the job but says Chelsea have yet to make him an offer.

"I have said before, many times, that I would like to find a top side that can match my desire to win trophies," he added. "I didn't have a proper offer on the table from Chelsea but there is no rush.

"I have been waiting since I left Inter Milan. I was just analysing football. There is no rush, I'm just waiting for the right project."

Have you heard the fans, Rafa? Something like 'Fuck off' if I am right.

Rafa wouldn't be my first choice, or second hell probably not even 3rd or 4th. But you can't deny that Rafa is a great manager, most definitely one of the best in the world. He was unlucky with Inter, they had injuries plus some players played out of their mind the previous year when they won the treble. Kinda like how Florent played in the double winning season, Malouda will never show the same form he did that year and same goes for those players.

Also if there is one manager that can get the best of Torres, it is most definitely rafa.

Rafa is a great manager, most definitely one of the best in the world. He was unlucky with Inter, they had injuries plus some players played out of their mind the previous year when they won the treble.

Taking a treble winning Inter side that also won 5 league title's in a row to 7th place is not unlucky, it's pure shite managing.

Taking a treble winning Inter side that also won 5 league title's in a row to 7th place is not unlucky, it's pure shite managing.

And Gasperini and Ranieri have fared much better :whistling:

Rafa is better than most of the coaches many people have brought up!

They had a lot of injuries to start the season, and plus some players drastically lost form. Not saying that he didn't do a bad job, just saying a lot of circumstances played a part in Inter bad start.

I think you only have to look at us to understand what happened to Inter.

Don't know if signing Rafa would be a good choice or not, tbh i haven't thought much about it.

When he managed Liverpool, I used to think Rafa had a bit of a screw loose but with the stuff he's coming out with now - knowing how much the vast majority at CFC would rather shove a poker up their arse than have him at SB - its apparent he genuinely is completely off his head.

They had a lot of injuries to start the season, and plus some players drastically lost form. Not saying that he didn't do a bad job, just saying a lot of circumstances played a part in Inter bad start.

I think you only have to look at us to understand what happened to Inter.

Don't know if signing Rafa would be a good choice or not, tbh i haven't thought much about it.

We had a lot of injuries in 06/07 and 07/0 but still managed to push United all the way both times.