Chelsea 3-0 Bolton

BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best man on the pitch in Chelsea Blue??

• Petr Cech
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • Ashley Cole
    • David Luiz
    • Gary Cahill
    • Michael Essien
    • Ramires
    • Frank Lampard
    • Juan Mata
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • SUB - Fernando Torres
    • SUB - Salomon Kalou
    • SUB - John Mikel Obi

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking hate when Torres comes on, it becomes Torres FC rather than Chelsea FC, all the concentration and talk goes on him rather than the game itself.

But still great win, David Luiz more invovled in the game helped us big time.

Agreed on both accounts. For once we perform decently, and the fans only sing Torres' name and boo our own players because they wouldn't pass to Torres.

David Luiz imo. He was very consistent through the game, won most of the tackles. His through balls are really special, and if our team knew how to convert those balls we would have scored in the first half. His forwards run also were really good, and actually from one of those runs he made, he scored the 1st goal

Ye we played far better today. The tempo was higher from the start, we kept possession well and always looked dangerous going forward and the backline was mistake free. Yes it was against struggling Bolton but we needed this kind of result and performance.

Fair play to the players for stepping up. Lampard was excellent, Essien did well in midfield alongside Ramires, Sturridge, while a bit greedy, provided a genuine threat, Mata created well and put in a lovely cross for Lampard's goal and Drogba led the line well, had a few nice touches and scored a vintage Drogba header. It was easily Gary Cahill's best game for Chelsea, but my pick for man of the match is David Luiz, scored a beauty, defended very well when he had to and played some wonderful passes in the process, unlucky not to score a second.

Im also glad Roman was there to see it in person, I hope he has the patience to stick with AVB. This was always going to be a difficult season, lets get it out oft he way, get new players in that suit AVB's vision and lets push forward from there.

Anyway important win, puts us 4th with pressure on Arsenal to get a result against Spurs tomorrow.

That's exactly what we needed. Should've scored few more but after all those disappointments finally Chelsea fans can be satisfied. Once again we find it difficult to score the first goal and that's something that has to be improved if we are to qualify for CL. Maybe it's only Bolton but I saw some good moves by our team and it is encouraging. Keep winning and pile the pressure on our opponents. :D

Very happy that we managed to score more than one goal today.I was delighted to Raul on the bench for the whole game and I think Essien Ramires Lampard is our best midfield.Drogba was brilliant today,I admired his determination and focus.The whole team played well today and glad to see Lampard smiling again.Happy with the win but we shouldn't get carried away because we beat Bolton and not a Napoli kind of team.

Indeed Jaimin, Luiz was brilliant, deserved to get the breakthrough.

Good win, we dominated the game, perhaps we should've taken our chances earlier but most did say they'd settle for an ugly 1-0. Must use this as momentum to carry on, with West Brom & Birmingham next we have to carry on.

I fear Mata's going to be burned out though, André's done well to keep him fresh by taking him off early in some games (much to our disgruntlement).

Lampard's still not convincing me either, he's really slow to react with the ball and get it out of his feet. Might sound like a 'hater' here, but he's just not doing enough to warrant a place in that side..

Im also glad Roman was there to see it in person, I hope he has the patience to stick with AVB. This was always going to be a difficult season, lets get it out oft he way, get new players in that suit AVB's vision and lets push forward from there.

Too right, was about to post this myself.