Chelsea 3-0 Bolton

BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best man on the pitch in Chelsea Blue??

• Petr Cech
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • Ashley Cole
    • David Luiz
    • Gary Cahill
    • Michael Essien
    • Ramires
    • Frank Lampard
    • Juan Mata
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • SUB - Fernando Torres
    • SUB - Salomon Kalou
    • SUB - John Mikel Obi

3 long balls in the first 20-25' maybe, but on the game he gave away possession many more times than that. he has all the athleticism and a good feel for the game, he is just soooo green still in every way (offense and defense). AVB clearly told him to build the attack almost exclusively because we don;t have a proper playmaking central mid and it puts so much pressure on our team shape and defense on the counter when we rely on a CB to start every single move. especially when that CB isn't pique, its young luiz.

I understand what you mean, but things got to be done, well that's my opinion anyway, i don't think we are gonna get any more out of this, i think it's best if Luiz plays midfield, for the next game because i think we need to play better attacking football and Luiz can help, we might be more vulnerable at the back yes, but i think it's worth it overall and that's my opinion, seems you and Manpe don't think the risk is worth it and we can get through it, that's fine, i doubt we can agree with one another though.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you mean, but things got to be done, well that's my opinion anyway, i don't think we are gonna get any more out of this, i think it's best if Luiz plays midfield, for the next game because i think we need to play better attacking football and Luiz can help, we might be more vulnerable at the back yes, but i think it's worth it overall and that's my opinion, seems you and Manpe don't think the risk is worth it and we can get through it, that's fine, i doubt we can agree with one another though.

i understand what you're saying but there's no reason to start him in midfield. we have essien and mikel who are both way better in that role. having essien or mikel in there means that luiz CAN roam from his CB position and do the things he did today, thats why AVB played that formation. its also why he picked the 11 and the formation he did in napoli.

Agreed on both accounts. For once we perform decently, and the fans only sing Torres' name and boo our own players because they wouldn't pass to Torres.

When i was at the Sunderland game we all thought Torres's overhead kick went in off the crossbar and not Lamps (from the MHL) when Neil announced Lamps as the goal scorer their was groans like the goal was disallowed.

Fucking pathetic!!!!!!

i understand what you're saying but there's no reason to start him in midfield. we have essien and mikel who are both way better in that role. having essien or mikel in there means that luiz CAN roam from his CB position and do the things he did today, thats why AVB played that formation. its also why he picked the 11 and the formation he did in napoli.

I'm not talking about defensive midfield, and Mikel?, don't make me laugh.

I put Ramires-Essien/Romeu-David Luiz, i don't want David Luiz to do a defensive job in midfield, i want him with creative freedom, but obviously working hard, but i still want him with creative freedom and i think that will definitely benefit our attack, because he isn't a greedy player either, he will have some vision and flair when he goes forward, it will be nice to have a player like that for a change, rather than the inconsistent lampard who turns up when he wants to, and usually gives the ball away 24/7, or Meireles who can't pass a ball altogether.

When i was at the Sunderland game we all thought Torres's overhead kick went in off the crossbar and not Lamps (from the MHL) when Neil announced Lamps as the goal scorer their was groans like the goal was disallowed.

Fucking pathetic!!!!!!

That's shocking...

There's really not much difference between the 2. What I will say for Meireles though is his reactions are much quicker than Lampard's currently, and he had a good game in Naples despite the gloom reactions.

Despite his quicker reactions he seems incapable of tackling or stifling the opponents attacks like Lampard did today...I know he would be better upfront like Ramires,but he isn't suited to the role that AVB currently demands from him

And if I remember correctly it was his horror show that led to the Napoli equalizer

I'm not talking about defensive midfield, and Mikel?, don't make me laugh.

I put Ramires-Essien/Romeu-David Luiz, i don't want David Luiz to do a defensive job in midfield, i want him with creative freedom, but obviously working hard, but i still want him with creative freedom and i think that will definitely benefit our attack, because he isn't a greedy player either, he will have some vision and flair when he goes forward, it will be nice to have a player like that for a change, rather than the inconsistent lampard who turns up when he wants to, and usually gives the ball away 24/7, or Meireles who can't pass a ball altogether.

why is mikel funny? much better passer than luiz and has superior vision...

he isn't good enough for that role. his passing isn't that good and neither are his ball skills. they just seem better than they are because people aren't used to seeing a CB able to control a ball or dribble at all. he does have a great shot on him but you don't need to move him to midfield to get use out of that.

Despite his quicker reactions he seems incapable of tackling or stifling the opponents attacks like Lampard did today...I know he would be better upfront like Ramires,but he isn't suited to the role that AVB currently demands from him

And if I remember correctly it was his horror show that led to the Napoli equalizer

meireles is the right type of player just not good enough, its not a revelation either.

look at napoli's squad, we had to have speed in the middle because of their immense danger on the counter. meireles did the best he could but his best isn't good enough for us, especially without ash fully fit, bosingwa taking a knock early, no terry etc

he isn't good enough for that role. his passing isn't that good and neither are his ball skills. they just seem better than they are because people aren't used to seeing a CB able to control a ball or dribble at all. he does have a great shot on him but you don't need to move him to midfield to get use out of that.

Mikel has vision?, wait what?, oh you mean vision on a side pass?, cause yeah he's brilliant at spotting a player next to him if that's what you mean.

Better vision than Luiz? I don't think so. Today Luiz played some great through balls to the forwards.

Better vision than Luiz? I don't think so. Today Luiz played some great through balls to the forwards.

he tried to and completed maybe 15% of them.... the majority were nowhere even near.

Mikel has vision?, wait what?, oh you mean vision on a side pass?, cause yeah he's brilliant at spotting a player next to him if that's what you mean.

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias, myside bias or verification bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1]People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

I'm so glad that we won this game the way we did. You can talk about the opposition all you want. What mattered to me today is that we played like a team today. The players played like they wanted to play for Chelsea for the most part. And I don't know about you, but I haven't seen that (and have been asking for it) for a long time now. It wasn't our best performance and it won't be one for the record books but I saw Chelsea today, and I haven't seen them in a while :D

There was nothing from the first half. Again with the dull passing, no final pass in the final third.

Nothing done by the forwards nor the midfield.

David Luiz did the same runs that he done in the past. Sometimes he get it sometimes he don't.

After this, Bolton just caved in, a team under pressure in the relegation battle.

You won't get such thing when you play against the Spurs, Newscatle and such.

I will have some hope if when we play against Napoli there is a better display. Won't matter if we get eliminated, as long as they get back some pride and give them a run I will be happy.

Today was nothing for me to be happy.

If you can't be happy about a 3-0 win that has kept us in a good position to get the vital 4th spot on a day when serious pressure was on the manager then I just don't know what kind of emotional connection you have to the club, Id say one that is minimal at best.