Chelsea 3-0 Bolton

BlueLion.

Man of the Match  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best man on the pitch in Chelsea Blue??

• Petr Cech
    • Branislav Ivanovic
    • Ashley Cole
    • David Luiz
    • Gary Cahill
    • Michael Essien
    • Ramires
    • Frank Lampard
    • Juan Mata
    • Didier Drogba
    • Daniel Sturridge
    • SUB - Fernando Torres
    • SUB - Salomon Kalou
    • SUB - John Mikel Obi

A mediocre win leads to more losses.

So until I see a sustain game where there is better build up play, I won't get excited with this team!

A mediocre win leads to more losses.

So until I see a sustain game where there is better build up play, I won't get excited with this team!

Hey Homie, how long have you been supporting Chelsea from your shack in Brooklyn New York ?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder why he played 90mins today. Got no other explaination other than that the (media) pressure is getting to AVB and he does not want to risk any more embarassments.

Perhaps so, seems every time he touches Mata for a sub the entire stadium starts booing and calling for his head, failing to see the bigger picture.

Lampard's still not convincing me either, he's really slow to react with the ball and get it out of his feet. Might sound like a 'hater' here, but he's just not doing enough to warrant a place in that side..

but of course..he's been sub-par all season. the one upside is he manages to find the net once in a while

yooo wat the fukk r u talkin about?? 3-0 against a team that didnt come to score...

we had a great counter-attack which Drogba hit the bar - that play showed something we havent seen in a fukkken long time.

all in all this game showed us playing as a team with flow - we havent seen this in God knows how long.

So with all due respect to u - shut the fukk up!

Alright then don't come crying to me when Chelsea start producing some sorry ass display and continues loosing points in the table.

This is not good.

Of course and it was another sorry ass display by the team.

Had to get something from a defender to get the team going.

That is not good, and it won't work when face with more organized and tougher opponents.

Im not sure what your standards are, they appear to be ridiculously high. If you judge the performance today by the general standard of the top teams in England this season, it was a good performance. No it wasn't Barcelona or Real Madrid, but then no team in England can rival them at the moment, however 3-0 on any day is a good result, even for the two big Spanish teams.

So because a defender scored it lessens the performance? Somebody should alert those Barca fans that they shouldn't have celebrated that victory over Madrid with Puyol scoring for them (from a set piece no less), it definitely took away from their performance and the joy of their victory.....

Obviously there are tougher teams ahead but maybe you should consider the phrase "you can only beat what is put in front of you" we did that today, by 3 goals, will we win the Champions League and the Premier League this season? No. However, considering that you are, apparently, a Chelsea fan, perhaps you could show a bit of joy that we have just beaten a team by 3 goals to move into the 4th spot that we are fighting for this season. Is it ideal? No. But today was an important 3 points because getting 4th place to set us up for next season is vital.

but of course..he's been sub-par all season. the one upside is he manages to find the net once in a while

I think people are often blinded by these goals. Not that I'm not grateful for them, but just now I see on Twitter someone say,

has to be Essien, Lampard, Ramires, Mata, Sturridge and Drogba week in week out now surely!?'

Has his long-range passing always been that good? Perhaps it's because we haven't seen much of him in a while but I was very impressed by some of the service he was playing to the front 3 and Lampard.

Can't say I noticed. If those passes were to wide areas that's probably better explained by Bolton's lax marking than Essien's passing abiltities.

Like LDN_Blue said earlier I really don't mean to sound like a Lampard hater but how has he got 6 votes?! He was extremely average and had a couple of really bad moments where he gave the ball away or disrupted our momentum

Scored a good goal with typical Frank Lampard timing but very very average performance and I think the hate that Meireles gets after a bad performance compared to this reverence that Frank gets is ridiculous.

Lampard is a Chels legend and in certain games he's definitely more suited to our team than Meireles but I don't see the difference between them at all in terms of contributing to our attack apart from Lampard's runs into the box (which are valuable, I'm not saying they aren't)

I feel like the media really influence some people and I hate it when that happens. Can't wait for the newspaper headlines tomorrow where they'll all be sucking up to him just to find something to criticize AVB over.

Rant over.

Like I said, not getting carried away at all. This Bolton side were unbelievably bad. Practically gifting the ball to us with a ribbon on top.

We couldn't break them down until the Luiz goal. A few good moments which Luiz and Drogba were instrumental in - but it was kind of the same "Chelsea" display we've been seeing for a while now.

I hope this win brings a lot of confidence to this side. Would love for us to go on a 3-4 winning streak and it IS possible. Our next fixtures: WBA away, Birmingham away in the cup and Stoke at home

Then we've got Napoli and City!!! We need some confidence to go into those two games!

Like LDN_Blue said earlier I really don't mean to sound like a Lampard hater but how has he got 6 votes?! He was extremely average and had a couple of really bad moments where he gave the ball away or disrupted our momentum

Scored a good goal with typical Frank Lampard timing but very very average performance and I think the hate that Meireles gets after a bad performance compared to this reverence that Frank gets is ridiculous.

Lampard is a Chels legend and in certain games he's definitely more suited to our team than Meireles but I don't see the difference between them at all in terms of contributing to our attack apart from Lampard's runs into the box (which are valuable, I'm not saying they aren't)

I feel like the media really influence some people and I hate it when that happens. Can't wait for the newspaper headlines tomorrow where they'll all be sucking up to him just to find something to criticize AVB over.

Rant over.

He had a moment were he could have passed to Mata on his right but just waited for Cole to turn up, obviously too late.. really pissed me off.

Rant over.

When hes playing better than players like Malouda and Raul,then there is no point of keeping him on the bench.AVB did a good job by not featuring Raul at all today.I am sure if Raul had played today,the result would have been different.

When hes playing better than players like Malouda and Raul,then there is no point of keeping him on the bench.AVB did a good job by not featuring Raul at all today.I am sure if Raul had played today,the result would have been different.

Lampard and Raul play in different roles though. Raul is played as a DM which he is horrible at. If he was played further forward then a better comparison could be made.