What will sacking AVB actually achieve?

Tomo

I dont think it was so much the budget..he's tactics at times were mental! Loosing a game..take off your goal scorer and confuse the hell out of other players.He seemed to be very hit and miss and even with money I dont think he could make things work

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before the sacking, short term salvation. Which it did, with wins against Napoli - but in the long term, the actual effects on our season? Not much. All we really did was lose a big attractive point, which openly tantalized Hazard and lost around10 million or something. He had his faults yes and his inability to mold a plan B was fatal, but at the end of the day it boils down to the players and their aging legs. Egos won and the relentless cycle of sacking managers almost inevitably ensued.

Proberly nothing good for the rest of the season. But he is not the next big thing you all want him to be!. He is a little arrogant

man which ideas dont work in this club. Lets see how you all react when next season is without CFC playing Cl, or even EL!.

But suddenly everybody thinks he is the next messias, for god sake wake up!. Why the f... did we sack Ancelotti?!!!?, Boas

aint worthy to polish his shoes that little... SACK boas now!

And NO i didnt want Ancelotti sacked, i was pissed by our idiot owner and his boards dicission but accepted it at the end. :doh:

Miss his smiley to.(-;

Needed to go back and agree with Henri here.

Roman and the board screwed up firing Carlo for AVB.

If they hire Moyes, I think sanity will be restore. blue%20scalf.gif

But if they go for Benitez....

No Champs League will definately mean no Mourinho or Guardiola. Let's get a manager with a track record of building teams. David Moyes would be a good bet, but I think the best manager for us would be either Fabio Capello or Louis Van Gaal. Both vastly experienced, both demand respect and a 'do it my way or out' mentality and both don't give a shit about reputations.

The likes of Drogba wouldn't last 5 minutes!

You must have been a dirty red scouser in your previous life. Seriously look @ these numbers:

TOTAL BOUGHT: £229,340,000

TOTAL SOLD: £151,000,000

TOTAL NET SPEND: £78,340,000

That is Telly Tubby's transfer record @ loserpool. I am surprised you didn't say that ball crossed the in line in 2005 vs CFC <_<Dude bought players more than you buy chips @ your local market. And the question I have to ask was it worth it for l'puke??? Look @ where they are now & I haven't even brought up the catastrophe @ Inter Milan. No, you can keep the fat waiter on your team. Don't bring him anywhere close to mine

76 players? In 5 seasons?!

:blink:

Looking at that link, most of them were flops. The only ones who did well were Xabi Alonso, Reina, Sissoko, Agger, Kuyt, Torres, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Benayoun, and Skrtel. Which gives him a success percentage of 13.1%, thats rubbish; can you imagine what dross he would have purchased with the 400 million Roman gave us during the early years of his ownership?

76 players? In 5 seasons?!

:blink:

Looking at that link, most of them were flops. The only ones who did well were Xabi Alonso, Reina, Sissoko, Agger, Kuyt, Torres, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Benayoun, and Skrtel. Which gives him a success percentage of 13.1%, thats rubbish; can you imagine what dross he would have purchased with the 400 million Roman gave us during the early years of his ownership?

IMHO Mark Gonzalez was quality, but I am sure people thinks he is garbage. Mohamed Sissoko, Peter Crouch were ok, but Rafa didn't care for them. My favorite Rafa fail??? Robbie Keane :D that was comedy how that all went down. Nope, I don't Rafa anywhere close to CFC...ok, he can goto Fulcrap or qpha

• 2 weeks later...