Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no great hopes for Bamford. He seems a likely lad, but so did Borini and we know how that went. If he somehow puts things together and ends up skillfully leading our line in a few years, I'll be surprised and overjoyed. One positive I take from this is that we will be able to turn a profit when, not if, we sell him (even accounting for inflation). My understanding of FFP is that our purchase of Bamford does not count against us, but our sale of him in the coming years would count as positive cash flow under FFP.

From what I have heard Borini is doing very well at Roma. I don't see why he wouldn't have done well for us. And we didnt get money for him

either

Yeah, Fabio is doing quite well at Roma. My point was that Borini did well and progressed through ranks, and we let him walk for free. With Bamford at least should be able to get some dosh, if we have learned anything. Bamford has looked good in the couple matches I've seen him play.

Yeah, Fabio is doing quite well at Roma. My point was that Borini did well and progressed through ranks, and we let him walk for free. With Bamford at least should be able to get some dosh, if we have learned anything. Bamford has looked good in the couple matches I've seen him play.

surely the point is to KEEP the ones who are going to be good.

• 4 months later...

I was very disappointed that he seems to not be in Robbie's plans. If he's not on the bench when we only have two available strikers in a pre-season match, then he probably won't get any chances. It's a shame, really, especially that he has been doing very well (better than Romelu) with the reserves. Unfortunately for him, he did not cost a fortune.

Must have really screwed up training to not even be considered for the subs bench considering we only had one striker too.

We are playing with one striker and having 2 strikers on bench is useless.

BTW:

CFC confirm Saville, Bamford and Kane returned to England.

I don't get the whole "Let's buy that youngster and ruin his career" philosophy. Should give him back to Forest and actually let the guy play. What is he even doing here? Loan him out for christ sake.

He tweeted that after the Seattle Sounders game. Feel sorry for the lad. Seriously hope he gets his chance in the next few games.

wonder if that is why he has been sent back ... perhaps young players should be advised against tweeting ,,perhaps not just young players

wonder if that is why he has been sent back ... perhaps young players should be advised against tweeting ,,perhaps not just young players

Think it's down to the fact the other senior players have joined up with the squad. Those youth lads were brought just to make up space while waiting for the rest to join up.

Lets not blow a comment out of all proportion. Of course he was gutted to have not got on the pitch. But RDM will have had his reasons and him not playing in that game is going to have zero bearing in how his CFC career goes from here. The lad has only been here about 6 months.....

I would have kept tabs on Bamford and let him develop at Forest for a year or two (or even signed him after a year and loaned him back). Right now he won't be in our first team unless injuries galore and I'd prefer for Patrick to go out and enjoy some football that's not the youth team (unless the new system is GOOD)

• 1 month later...