Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really hope RDM gives him few minutes this season so that clubs will be aware of his potential and hence be interested in a loan move.

Agree with that. Hope he is given the chance to show what he is all about. We might have a real gem of striker in Bamford here and if he comes good, we don't have to go spend big on a ST in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely criminal that this guy hasn't got a chance yet. I rate him above Lukaku, tbh.

He may be doing decent in the reserves but that is minimal to suggets he should be in the first team. He isnt ready at all, still needs experience and maybe a loan to even get anywhere near our first team. U21s is a different standard compared to what our first team plays and would struggle. Remember, he only made 1 appearance at Forest IIRC, despite ripping it up for the youth team. Also Lukaku is in another league to Bamford, hardly comparable. Lukaku is stronger, faster, better in the air, well to cut a long story short, an all round better striker than Bamford. Bamford is nowhere near the ability of Lukaku and he is at the right place so far and maybe in January a loan will be considered if not next season

I don't get all the hype surrounding Bamford. He seems like an average striker, will probably end up playing Championship level football in 2-3 years.

The striker we should of kept was Borini, that kid just looked a class above the reserves and he seemed to be a pretty handy finisher.

Could see him debuting against Leeds if we are well in control in that game. Would also like to see Clifford make his debut in that game if the opportunity arises.

He may be doing decent in the reserves but that is minimal to suggets he should be in the first team. He isnt ready at all, still needs experience and maybe a loan to even get anywhere near our first team. U21s is a different standard compared to what our first team plays and would struggle. Remember, he only made 1 appearance at Forest IIRC, despite ripping it up for the youth team. Also Lukaku is in another league to Bamford, hardly comparable. Lukaku is stronger, faster, better in the air, well to cut a long story short, an all round better striker than Bamford. Bamford is nowhere near the ability of Lukaku and he is at the right place so far and maybe in January a loan will be considered if not next season

TBF from some of the u21 games i saw from last season Bamford actually looked better then Lukaku in those games. Lukaku was actually struggling against u21 players.

Lukaku is the better athlete without a doubt and yeah i would agree they are not comparable atm. But to Bamford credit his skill set as a striker is much more polished and he has a much better first touch(a very underrated skill) and he plays with so much awareness + intelligence.

Would like to see him sent out to a Championship side in January.

Could see him debuting against Leeds if we are well in control in that game. Would also like to see Clifford make his debut in that game if the opportunity arises.

TBF from some of the u21 games i saw from last season Bamford actually looked better then Lukaku in those games. Lukaku was actually struggling against u21 players.

Lukaku is the better athlete without a doubt and yeah i would agree they are not comparable atm. But to Bamford credit his skill set as a striker is much more polished and he has a much better first touch(a very underrated skill) and he plays with so much awareness + intelligence.

Would like to see him sent out to a Championship side in January.

I think Lukaku had a reality check in those games against u-21 players. He was basically a talented young striker, starting to establish himself in Belgium at club and international level..and then he joins Chelsea..and within a few weeks, he gets dumped into the reserves.

I'm glad he's learning and making mistakes as a West Brom player.

For Bamford, a Championship or even League one loan spell if he's guaranteed first team football.

I'm well aware he is not ready, and I'm not saying he should be a starter, just that he should have been given a chance like Lukaku had in preseason or in one of the Capital One matches. He's been one of our best reserve players and even more consistent than Piazon (granted Piazon is 2 years younger).

As for the comparison with Lukaku, Romelu is physically superior to Bamford, and most of the strikers in the PL for that matter, but technically, Patrick is much much better. Bamford has better movement, passing abilities, and is 10 times the finisher that Lukaku is. So no, I would not say that Romelu is a better all around striker.

I'm just saying that if it were the other way around in term of price tags, Bamford would be the one loaned to WBA, which is unfair to the boy.

I don't get all the hype surrounding Bamford. He seems like an average striker, will probably end up playing Championship level football in 2-3 years.

The striker we should of kept was Borini, that kid just looked a class above the reserves and he seemed to be a pretty handy finisher.

Borini wanted to leave and looks nothing special at all at Liverpool.

I'm well aware he is not ready, and I'm not saying he should be a starter, just that he should have been given a chance like Lukaku had in preseason or in one of the Capital One matches. He's been one of our best reserve players and even more consistent than Piazon (granted Piazon is 2 years younger).

As for the comparison with Lukaku, Romelu is physically superior to Bamford, and most of the strikers in the PL for that matter, but technically, Patrick is much much better. Bamford has better movement, passing abilities, and is 10 times the finisher that Lukaku is. So no, I would not say that Romelu is a better all around striker.

I'm just saying that if it were the other way around in term of price tags, Bamford would be the one loaned to WBA, which is unfair to the boy.

How would you know that Bamford is "10 times the finisher that Lukaku is"?....Bamford's only ever played in the reserve or youth teams.

There are plenty of young strikers who score goals for fun in the youth or reserve set up...but most of them end up getting sold for a minimal fee to a lower level club or released on a free transfer.

As for the price-tag comparison, Lukaku has the ability to be a class talent and a starting forward for most EPL sides. Bamford is just a homegrown kid, he'll either make the bench at Chelsea OR he'll be playing Championship level football in his mid 20's.

How would you know that Bamford is "10 times the finisher that Lukaku is"?....Bamford's only ever played in the reserve or youth teams.

There are plenty of young strikers who score goals for fun in the youth or reserve set up...but most of them end up getting sold for a minimal fee to a lower level club or released on a free transfer.

As for the price-tag comparison, Lukaku has the ability to be a class talent and a starting forward for most EPL sides. Bamford is just a homegrown kid, he'll either make the bench at Chelsea OR he'll be playing Championship level football in his mid 20's.

A good finisher is a good finisher, doesn't matter if he plays reserve. Whether he can be a good finisher in the PL, we will need to give him a chance to find out.

As for being homegrown, by that logic, JT should have played championship football in his mid 20s as well..

You realise when Lukaku was playing reserves last season, he was often the best player on the pitch and got loads of goals too...........

No I don't. Mainly because whenever I watched him with the reserves he was average and didn't manage to score.

A good finisher is a good finisher, doesn't matter if he plays reserve. Whether he can be a good finisher in the PL, we will need to give him a chance to find out.

As for being homegrown, by that logic, JT should have played championship football in his mid 20s as well..

No I don't. Mainly because whenever I watched him with the reserves he was average and didn't manage to score.

Lukaku played 9 games for the reserves last season and scored 7 goals with 2 assists. His finishing, touch etc looked good in reserves and he often excelled playing at that level, but now looks below par in the league. Completely different environment playing in a Premier League match compared to reserves, much more pressure