Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know why we bother with these youngsters. These young players are wasting their time at such a big club this early, he could of been playing Championship football next season for Forest. Young players should only be signing for a club as big as Chelsea if they are as good as Robben or Micheal Owen in their teens otherwise its a waste of time. These players should look at a big club when they get to around 23-25 like Eto'o. He will now have to contend with big name strikers at the club for the next 5 years, he will go on loan then he will fade into nothingness and we'll forget about him.

I don't know why we bother with these youngsters. These young players are wasting their time at such a big club this early, he could of been playing Championship football next season for Forest. Young players should only be signing for a club as big as Chelsea if they are as good as Robben or Micheal Owen in their teens otherwise its a waste of time. These players should look at a big club when they get to around 23-25 like Eto'o. He will now have to contend with big name strikers at the club for the next 5 years, he will go on loan then he will fade into nothingness and we'll forget about him.

The answer is simple Badboy, money talks. Money has always and will always be the deciding factor in today's football world.

Looks like sometimes it's "why aren't we signing them when they are young" and some other time it's "why do we keep signign them".

It never works out this way though. Name a teenager that a big club has signed in recent years that has broken through the reserves into the first team ? The only young players who succeed are the ones who are clearly good enough for first team football NOW, like Arjen Robben or Wayne Rooney. Patrick Bamford is the same age as Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and the Arsenal player is already Premiership quality. If your not special at that age then you have to stay at your club and break though and make an impression then if you're good enough you'll get your move to a big club, like Essien and Eto'o both players moved when they were 23 years old which is a fantastic age.

I have no great hopes for Bamford. He seems a likely lad, but so did Borini and we know how that went. If he somehow puts things together and ends up skillfully leading our line in a few years, I'll be surprised and overjoyed. One positive I take from this is that we will be able to turn a profit when, not if, we sell him (even accounting for inflation). My understanding of FFP is that our purchase of Bamford does not count against us, but our sale of him in the coming years would count as positive cash flow under FFP.

It never works out this way though. Name a teenager that a big club has signed in recent years that has broken through the reserves into the first team ? The only young players who succeed are the ones who are clearly good enough for first team football NOW, like Arjen Robben or Wayne Rooney. Patrick Bamford is the same age as Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and the Arsenal player is already Premiership quality. If your not special at that age then you have to stay at your club and break though and make an impression then if you're good enough you'll get your move to a big club, like Essien and Eto'o both players moved when they were 23 years old which is a fantastic age.

Danial Sturridge.

Probably, but there are some exceptions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no great hopes for Bamford. He seems a likely lad, but so did Borini and we know how that went. If he somehow puts things together and ends up skillfully leading our line in a few years, I'll be surprised and overjoyed. One positive I take from this is that we will be able to turn a profit when, not if, we sell him (even accounting for inflation). My understanding of FFP is that our purchase of Bamford does not count against us, but our sale of him in the coming years would count as positive cash flow under FFP.

From what I have heard Borini is doing very well at Roma. I don't see why he wouldn't have done well for us. And we didnt get money for him

either