Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

MK Dons manager talking about him after the game yesterday:

Provides some insight of how well he's been playing and how important he has been for them when the manager says "I'm looking for someone else to chip in the goals along side Patrick". Also a hint in there that his finishing still needs some work which was his biggest issue with the U21s.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was only 20 last month so still a kid ,loan expires on Jan 5th so he needs to move up a grade as he is proven at this level ,from what I have seen he has everything to become a player inc touch,strength ,two feet,aeriel ability,good pace, movement and he is a predator when it comes to goalscoring ,he has got a good chance of making it at Chelsea for sure ,he could be that good .

Cant wait to see him in another two years hopefully in the Chelsea first team if not with us he will at least be a premier league player and I think he will be an England player .................................watch this space with him. Very interesting prospect .

MK Dons manager talking about him after the game yesterday:

Provides some insight of how well he's been playing and how important he has been for them when the manager says "I'm looking for someone else to chip in the goals along side Patrick". Also a hint in there that his finishing still needs some work which was his biggest issue with the U21s.

Woah. That is his best asset. As Rosenior mentioned on the FL show, he is a natural finisher. I definitely don't think he was hinting he needs to work on his finishing. He has like 12 in 16 or something and his finishing has been nothing but sublime.

Woah. That is his best asset. As Rosenior mentioned on the FL show, he is a natural finisher. I definitely don't think he was hinting he needs to work on his finishing. He has like 12 in 16 or something and his finishing has been nothing but sublime.

I've watched a couple of his matches so far and while he scored in both, he missed a couple as well which goes along with what he was doing with the U21s. He can come up with some great finishing but can also miss sitters. Bamford usually gets a lot of chances each match because his movement is miles ahead of his age and anything in league one. At 20, it is only natural that his finishing still needs improvement.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8991485/patrick-bamford-has-eyes-on-chelsea-future?utm_source=TeamChelseaFC&utm_medium=twitter

Patrick Bamford, the top-scorer in English football, is hoping his form at Milton Keynes Dons may catch the eye of Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Bamford has 12-goals to his name and he admits if he could hit 20 before Christmas, then the Chelsea boss may sit-up and take notice.

"If I did, say, get 20 goals before Christmas, which is some way off, I am on 12, then maybe Mourinho might have a look and give me a few goes on the bench but if not I just want to push on," he told the Weekend Warm-up on Sky Sports News.

Bamford is in his second spell at the Stadium:MK and he believes the loan spell has been a huge benefit.

"I think it is important as I was only playing 21 football at Chelsea," he said.

"Compared to League One there are more teams playing football so it is a bit different and when you step up there is a difference in physicality, I felt I was strong enough but there was a lot of development to do and I think since I came back this year you can see a difference."

Bamford revealed that he had been helped out by Spanish star Fernando Torres last season.

"Fernando Torres helped me out," Bamford revealed.

"I was going through a tough patch at the start of the seasons and the 21s managers Dermot [Drummy] just said go speak to him and I was a bit nervous and to be fair he was really good with holding the ball up and stuff like that."

The England youth international, who was signed from Nottingham Forest in deal worth over £1million in 2012, admits he wants to be a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge.

Asked where he wanted to be in five-years, he replied: "I would like to say being a regular in the Chelsea first team and being in England, that is my ambition."

• 2 weeks later...

G'wan lad!

I hope they don't actually send him on a new loan in January. He's doing so well at the Dons, he really seems settled. It'd be such a shame if a move would affect his form and he'd end up on a bench for the second half of the season. Dons are also very reliant on him at the moment, it'd be a bit of a sucker punch for him to up and leave halfway through. They could still make the play-offs. I'm sure it can wait till next season.

Hopefully the club finds the right club for him in January. He's proven himself at League One level, so if we can increase the challenge for him then it's up to him to rise to it. A club pushing for a play-off spot may well jump at the chance to bring in a new face, full of confidence and with a knack of scoring and there really is no point in delaying a move because time really is of the essence with young players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...