Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

My word, that's SO pretentious. For the moment nothing actually says that we have a better team than Wolfsburg. That's one. Two, if he can do it against Bayern Munich (best team in the word), Inter Milan, ... what more does he need to proof? Again, we (Chelsea) just need to admit that we made a mistake with De Bruyne and get over it. Acceptance is the first step ;-)

I wouldn't say Bayern are the best in the world for starters, and there's no case as to whether we are better than Wolfsburg or not. We are!

Wolfsburg has a lot of talent on its team so it's a bit silly to be so dismissive.

Chelsea could really use Rodriguez, KDB, Naldo, Vierinha to begin with and they have some other nice pieces.

I'm not sure why people are in such denial about KDB. I understand questioning if he could be as successful at Chelsea, but out and out admonishment that because Mourinho said so reeks of blind loyalty and sheep mentality

My word, that's SO pretentious. For the moment nothing actually says that we have a better team than Wolfsburg. That's one. Two, if he can do it against Bayern Munich (best team in the word), Inter Milan, ... what more does he need to proof? Again, we (Chelsea) just need to admit that we made a mistake with De Bruyne and get over it. Acceptance is the first step ;-)

WOW, this just gets me riled up.

First of all, don't quote me ever again by picking out one half sentence out of context. THAT is pretentious and more suited to daily fail articles.

Second, don't base your arguments on stupid facts that are meaningless and 'PROVE' NOTHING. For every victory he has had against top teams, you can give an example of a loss against a stupid team were he was anonymous. In the end everybody is playing for titles. Chelsea actually won something this year and is on the verge of winning the league so unless he actually starts being part of a team that actually wins something important i have every right to doubt he could be the main man of a big team (like i did mention in my post you quoted, but you conveniantly deleted it)

And before anyone quote's me again without actually reading or understanding my posts.

I've never said we didn't make a mistake with KdB. I really rate him as a player, but unlike most i actually try to form an honest opinion and not try to get distracted by stupid meaningless stats and blow his performances out of proportions.

But to me the biggest mistake was bringing him back to soon. What happened last season were he didn't get enough playing time/wanted to leave was always gonna happen i feel, with the situation we were in. With Mou as a new coach, trying to establish a first XI with the right balance and finding out about its weaknesses.

If Mou looks at our team now and assesses what could be better going into next season i really believe KdB could fix a lot of issues and Chelsea would have been the better for it

We fucked it up, no need to be in denial about it. Just need to learn from him and move on.

Really? What was it that we did so badly that you believe we "fucked it up"? What would you have done differently? Not now when you have the gift of hindsight, but back then given the circumstances of the team and the performances of everyone at the time?

And please don't say that you would not have sold him because almost literally not a single Chelsea fan was against the sale at the time for that fee.

Really? What was it that we did so badly that you believe we "fucked it up"? What would you have done differently? Not now when you have the gift of hindsight, but back then given the circumstances of the team and the performances of everyone at the time?

And please don't say that you would not have sold him because almost literally not a single Chelsea fan was against the sale at the time for that fee.

Erm giving him 5-10 starts in a role to impress as a start. Obviously at the time no one was against it because Oscar was in good form, scoring goals. Now with hindsight obviously everyone regret that, maybe apart from stubborn Jose who won't admit it.

By learning from it I mean we should give players a run of starts before binning him. Schurrle for example was justified because he had his chances but didn't show enough consistently, even if he scores like 20 goals next season doubt anyone will regret it. Salah on another hand if he bangs in another 10 goals and Fiorentina buy him for 18m clause in the summer it looks like another mistake, he NEVER HAD a run of games to prove himself.

Oscar for example if he is sold now and impress at his new club no one will complain, everyone will know it just hasn't worked out completely for him at Chelsea. Moral of the story is just give the players a chance to impress by allowing him at least like 700-1000 mins not 10 mins every 2 matches at the end of them where we are in the bus parking mode.

Erm giving him 5-10 starts in a role to impress as a start. Obviously at the time no one was against it because Oscar was in good form, scoring goals. Now with hindsight obviously everyone regret that, maybe apart from stubborn Jose who won't admit it.

By learning from it I mean we should give players a run of starts before binning him. Schurrle for example was justified because he had his chances but didn't show enough consistently, even if he scores like 20 goals next season doubt anyone will regret it. Salah on another hand if he bangs in another 10 goals and Fiorentina buy him for 18m clause in the summer it looks like another mistake, he NEVER HAD a run of games to prove himself.

Oscar for example if he is sold now and impress at his new club no one will complain, everyone will know it just hasn't worked out completely for him at Chelsea. Moral of the story is just give the players a chance to impress by allowing him at least like 700-1000 mins not 10 mins every 2 matches at the end of them where we are in the bus parking mode.

i understand what you are saying, and i agree that last season with no pressure on Mou to win something he could have given more opportunities. But this season where he HAS to win the league you can't expect him to start experimenting with fringe players and youngsters and such. And i don't feel we have much right to argue with it cause of Mou's record and the fact he knows how to win titles

But if he really wants to become a long term manager of Chelsea he really should start thinking long term and doing it next season imo so until then i won't judge him for it too much

1) Erm giving him 5-10 starts in a role to impress as a start. Obviously at the time no one was against it because Oscar was in good form, scoring goals. Now with hindsight obviously everyone regret that, maybe apart from stubborn Jose who won't admit it.

2) By learning from it I mean we should give players a run of starts before binning him.

3) Schurrle for example was justified because he had his chances but didn't show enough consistently, even if he scores like 20 goals next season doubt anyone will regret it. Salah on another hand if he bangs in another 10 goals and Fiorentina buy him for 18m clause in the summer it looks like another mistake, he NEVER HAD a run of games to prove himself.

1) If the decisions made at least seemed the right ones at the time then we hardly "fucked it up". You can argue that it was not handled ideally now in hindsight, but certainly was not fucked up as in made a complete mess of.

Also, not to get technical, but we did give him exactly 5 starts (and 4 sub appearances, but as I said before in this thread, I fault Jose for not giving him more chances off the bench).

You also forget/disregard the circumstances of the squad at the time and that was that we basically had 5 players for 2 starting spots in the team and Kevin was the worst performer of those 5. Hence the other 4 had to be given more chances and starts, especially with the whole Oscar-Mata saga.

2) Well we did not 'bin' him, he asked to leave. That is what both Jose and Kevin have said. If anything, had he stayed, he would have most likely gotten significantly more playing time after we sold Mata. That was probably just bad luck because had he known that Mata was going to get sold maybe he would have stayed. Bad luck for us at least given how well he's played at Wolfsburg.

3) I am almost certain that people will moan and bash the manager if Schurrle even scores 10 goals next season. You can check the recent posts in the Luiz and Mata threads for evidence in support of that even though Luiz had 3 and half years of mixed times for us and Mata made 14 starts for us under Jose's system and was obviously not working.

Interesting view regarding the Schurrle sale because to me at least it is clear that that was much worse to the team than the sale of Kevin because even with all his inconsistency, Andre could still do a job for us and provided and extra dimension off the bench while now we basically have no solid cover for the wings since Cuadrado is taking some time to settle in (which we absolutely should have foreseen).

Finally, I'd just like to point out that it is okay, even for a top team, to sell a good player for the right price. I don't think we miss-evaluated how good Kevin is. Maybe he's now exceeded everyone's expectation probably even his own, but I think we had a good idea of how good Kevin can be and that was reflected in the fee. He wanted to leave, Wolfsburg made a great offer and we did not rely on him heavily in our first team, so I don't how anyone can say that it wasn't an excellent deal given all the circumstances at the time.

And is now probably worth at least 3 times that .. DO you actually believe the spin you post ???

I agree with him, there was no guarantee to would have been that good for us had we kept him and we already had Mata and Oscar in his position. I know why everyone is mad, he's playing great, but that's in hindsight. And hindsight is 20/20. At the time very few were mad we sold him and it's unfair to be fuming now. Just like if Lukaku starrs banging in goals this season everyone will be mad when, at the time, it was the right move.

also, he's at wolfsburg in the bundesliga, it's a different league, not worse just different, and not as physical. He is rather slow and doesn't work like Jose wants a number 10 to work.

The mistake wasn't selling him, it was benching him, making him want to leave. In my opinion if you decide as a coach that Willian, Schurrle and Oscar are better players than Mata and KDB you've made a mistake, however you want to spin it.

I agree with him, there was no guarantee to would have been that good for us had we kept him and we already had Mata and Oscar in his position. I know why everyone is mad, he's playing great, but that's in hindsight. And hindsight is 20/20. At the time very few were mad we sold him and it's unfair to be fuming now. Just like if Lukaku starrs banging in goals this season everyone will be mad when, at the time, it was the right move.

also, he's at wolfsburg in the bundesliga, it's a different league, not worse just different, and not as physical. He is rather slow and doesn't work like Jose wants a number 10 to work.

NOT HINDSIGHT some of us said he was class EVEN before he joined us