Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

And wolfsburg wont sell. Give me 1 Reason why they would sell him to United? They can buy United and City in a heartbeat if it comes down to money

Absolute nonsense. United are the 2nd richest club in the world (by revenue) and City are owned by the Abu Dhabi group, who are a lot richer than Wolfsburg's owners.

United fans on redcafe never even heard of these transfers...

As i said before, I highly doubt either manchester clubs bidded for kdb. United already have mata and herrara, who have similar skillset and can never start games under LVG

City, have a limited budget due to FIFA and I highly doubt they would use most of it on KDB, when they already have a better player in David Silva.

The redcafe guys never read German and English newspapers, they were full of it this winter.

1. In January, different newspapers said that United wanted to buy De Bruyne the same winter transfer period.

2. 3 days before the end of that period, different newspapers said that Man Utd made an offer and that KDB could possibly still leave.

3. One day before the end of the winter transfer period, also different sources said that Wolfsburg refused an offer for De Bruyne of Manchester United.

4. Different newspapers stated that United wasn't interested anymore in De Bruyne, because they didn't want to go that high.

5. Different newspapers said that United had renewed interest in him and decided that they would make a higher offer in the summer transfer period.

The redcafe guys never read German and English newspapers, they were full of it this winter.

1. In January, different newspapers said that United wanted to buy De Bruyne the same winter transfer period.

2. 3 days before the end of that period, different newspapers said that Man Utd made an offer and that KDB could possibly still leave.

3. One day before the end of the winter transfer period, also different sources said that Wolfsburg refused an offer for De Bruyne of Manchester United.

4. Different newspapers stated that United wasn't interested anymore in De Bruyne, because they didn't want to go that high.

5. Different newspapers said that United had renewed interest in him and decided that they would make a higher offer in the summer transfer period.

I guess we shall see this summer if anything comes to be..

However, from a belgian viewpoint, why would KDB want to go there? LVG starts fellaini over mata. I fully expect United's number1 this summer to be strootman.

You're absolutely right!

Something I really can't understand by the way. KDB compared to Oscar, Willian, Schürrle, Marin, Ramires, Salah... is just a No Brainer.

He was the main man in pre season tour & man of the match in his 1st game at the bridge. Then benched and eventually got all sins of the world on his neck for a bad performance in a league cup game!

No logic at all! This is a clear prove of bad management. Probably an ego thing from Mou.

Interesting to know is that KDB recently gave an interview, saying Jose NEVER ever said a word to him. In 90% of the cases these kinds of players disappear in the unknown afterwards.

But in the KDB story... this is really baffling!!

I agree...to an extent.

KDB is not innocent in the whole story, but I do admit that about 70% of the fault lies with José and his dogmatic approach with some players like him, Mata etc. He made up from an early stage that he simply does not like a player and he seems to stick with it more often than not. However, the likes of Azpi and Zouma have fought their way into José's team...

Saying that, it does not excuse KDB's atrocious performances against the likes of Brentford. I feel that KDB did not entire give 110% to actually fight for a place; instead, he thought he should be an automatic starter based on talent alone. Similar to Lukaku, but KDB has a lot more natural talent obviously. Maybe if KDB took some solace from Azpi fighting his way into Mourinho's plans he might still be here.

Which brings me to Hazard. Hazard is peculiar because, essentially, he seemed to be the only one that Mourinho would tolerate no matter what, even if he would have a bad performance or not. I remember myself along with others calling for him to be dropped near the start of Mourinho's tenure, but Mourinho never did.

Based on this, Mourinho seems to only have one place for a player like Hazard or KDB where he will tolerate them no matter what because he knows how good they can be. Or perhaps Mourinho was oblivious that KDB could be on the same level as Hazard. Either way, that part was Mourinho's failing. Not fighting for his place or giving 100% when picked was KDB's.

I guess we shall see this summer if anything comes to be..

However, from a belgian viewpoint, why would KDB want to go there? LVG starts fellaini over mata. I fully expect United's number1 this summer to be strootman.

I also would refuse United if I was De Bruyne. Fellaini is a funny player, if he gets a free role, he is one of the very best PL players. Certainly 10 times more dangerous in front of the goal than Mata. But if you tell him to do one thing, he always sucks. DDG likes Fellaini a lot, all of his goal kicks go straight to him because he wins every head duel and keeps the ball in the team after that.

I agree...to an extent.

KDB is not innocent in the whole story, but I do admit that about 70% of the fault lies with José and his dogmatic approach with some players like him, Mata etc. He made up from an early stage that he simply does not like a player and he seems to stick with it more often than not. However, the likes of Azpi and Zouma have fought their way into José's team...

Saying that, it does not excuse KDB's atrocious performances against the likes of Brentford. I feel that KDB did not entire give 110% to actually fight for a place; instead, he thought he should be an automatic starter based on talent alone. Similar to Lukaku, but KDB has a lot more natural talent obviously. Maybe if KDB took some solace from Azpi fighting his way into Mourinho's plans he might still be here.

Which brings me to Hazard. Hazard is peculiar because, essentially, he seemed to be the only one that Mourinho would tolerate no matter what, even if he would have a bad performance or not. I remember myself along with others calling for him to be dropped near the start of Mourinho's tenure, but Mourinho never did.

Based on this, Mourinho seems to only have one place for a player like Hazard or KDB where he will tolerate them no matter what because he knows how good they can be. Or perhaps Mourinho was oblivious that KDB could be on the same level as Hazard. Either way, that part was Mourinho's failing. Not fighting for his place or giving 100% when picked was KDB's.

It's pretty simple Eden is an easy going type guy who people really like and who is a bit of jokester. KDB isn't an easy guy to get along with because he's a bit of a red ass.

Given that Jose is a bit of a red ass it's not really to hard to imagine that the personalities of Jose and KDB clashed.

In 99% of the cases you don't want that type of issue occurring. KDB appears to be the 1% exception where his talent is so overwhelming that you put up with his somewhat difficult nature.

It was still the right thing to do because it was clear our manager wasn't going to ever play him frequently enough.

I think KDB just freaked out and overreacted because of the WC. If he was here now, he would have got ample chances. But .... He isn't the easiest guy around. Eg: hazard has a completely different mindset, but give KDB the untouchable status after a good run and he will rock the 10.

Its reeeeeeeaaaaaally a shame, but context/timing matters in this one.

I agree...to an extent.

Compare Zouma and Azpilicueta pathways to KDB one.

Zouma was 3rd choice centre back since the summer. We didn't buy another central defender to block his way IIRC. If we supposedly signed Benatia then it would be a whole different story. Even without this signing, it demanded a consistent shit performances of Cahill for Zouma to have a proper sniff only in a January !

Azpilicueta already had a year to settle in the team and in the league, played huge amounts of games prior to Mourinho's arrival. At first, Ivanovic and Ashley Cole were the starting players but it also demanded shit performance of Cole, especially that travesty at Newcastle, to have a look in. It was rather pissing off at Cole, more than anything else, that caused Mourinho to convert right-back to left-back, since Mourinho isn't known for changing someone's position.

And last thing, Azpilicueta had a direct way to the team, since he was a first replacement.

Let's not even compare this with KdB situation, when there was 30m pounds signing for his position right at the end of the window. Also was 20m pounds signing earlier in the window, also for his position. Two new players to accommodate. Plus someone as talented as Hazard, plus our two times player of the year Mata, plus our boss pet Oscar ... Jesus ... Oh, let's not forget that there was also allergic reaction to any thought of rotation from Mourinho. Plus KdB was 22 yo, new league, new environment. This mission to break-through in a short period of time was like impossible.

I simply can't put a blame at all on Kevin. NONE. Maybe he could be a little more patient, BUT, he didn't see any encouragement from manager that the situation will change so if the club is after you and pay serious money to put you on a stage vs. this sick situation, I know what I'd choose.

Lastly, it's no coincidence how quickly our players want to be sold. Mata went as soon as offer arrived despite his love for this club, KdB the same. Schurrle also was happy to leave despite his fondness of London, Salah already said that he doesn't even consider coming back to Chelsea. Demba Ba also was happy to jump out of the ship quickly and also doesn't speak extremely well of the situation in Chelsea. All in all, it is what I already said, Mourinho absoulutely removes any kind of confidence from his squad players. For some, he's brilliant, he plays them week and week out despite shitness, gives them a blanket when there's a cold, takes extremely care of them, they can play piss poor yet they will have enough time to retain their form and for the other ones he's pain in the ass, who sucks up any hope and care for football. And when he FINALLY plays them after a huge break, they can look like they wouldn't even break into Shrewsburry team. Simply shit and bereft from any kind of passion.

It's a pity that Kevin didn't turn out to be the player under this Mourinho protection. There was a hope after Jose's comments on him back in the summer but then Willian and 30m pounds purchase happened.

I fear that Cuadrado is on the same route, he already played without even a pinch of confidence last Sunday and we saw how shit he was. Let's not even say that he's that shit, he isn't. Does Mourinho already works his magic on him ?

But at the same time I want him to continue to show how good he is. Just imagine Hazard and KDB in the same team now. That would be something.

urbsfa-kbvb-vector-logo.png

With this badge on a shirt, it's not so hard to imagine that !