Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Good for Terry to play that angle, trying to get Lamps signed up!

I really don't want to think our captain is trying to play 'angles' on social media in order to get the board to sign up certain players. That seems a tad bit unprofessional if you ask me.

Pay tribute to a guy when he's leaving, but JT seems to be going by newspaper rumours.

this is ruthless from our board. sad end for the whole thing that he done for us

super frank we will miss you :cry:

How is it ruthless? He signs a contract for a certain number of years, he's well paid and looked after during them and then the contract comes to an end. That's how a lot of people spend their working lives.

Both parties will then move on and in a few year's time he'll probably come back and be part of the Chelsea family again.

Hard as it may be for some to believe, this club did exist before 2001.

AN ENORMOUSLY HUGE STATUE OF JT AND LAMPS TOGETHER! :wub:

That would soften the blow but unfortunately the ego of Roman simply won't allow it. Not only is the guy not passionate about the history, tradition or culture of our club he actively holds it in contempt. Anything not done by him he considers not to be Chelsea and so anything close to the admirable statue or Stand renaming of Old Trafford is inconceivable for the board. Mark my words there will not even be a testimonial.

To say how is it ruthless just shows you must see the club as more of a business than a football team, which i suppose is your entitlement but it would be a lesser sport if all fans did.

It's both. Even if we ignore the money side, there's always the point that Roman might want to move on to a new era and make a break with the old one. Sometimes age and experience is a good thing to have around, and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it can be a barrier to change. I'm not saying that's definitely the case here, but it's a possible factor.

So what's the truth about the AVB-saga? Those rumoures of the older players boycotting him have any truth? Or is it just coincedence that these players don't get a new contract?

Just a bit brainstorming here, trying to understand why our legends have to go..

The stands can be shaped like JT and Frank's heads and upper bodies and the pitch can fit under their arms and between their bodies. It practically designs itself! :P

Genius, worth sending to the club so that hopefully someone bright enough will pass it on to the highest authorities.

Nothing new has been said, don't overreact just yet.

Has ANYONE even remotely credible actually said ANYTHING?

Might be textbook denial but considering Lampard's character* and his importance to the club I can't see this being anything but typical contact negotiations. Give it a few months and we'll have Terry's contract to ramble over.

*In the sense of him not being as thick as Joe Cole/Sturridge or as adventurous as Didier

Has ANYONE even remotely credible actually said ANYTHING?

There were reports last week and an article by Neil Ashton who is always right about Chelsea inside stories. Then yesterday Franks agent came out and told the Metro that "the only thing we know for sure is that Lampard will be looking for a different team in the summer." Add to that JT saying on instagram today that he is beyond devastated that Frank is leaving and that we should retire the #8 jersey.

I don't buy that JT only found out in the papers. They are best mates, of course he knew before. To me, there is no point in denying it further, he's going at the end of the season.

Am I the only one who think Lampard is being evaluated and the club will only offer him a contract at the end of the season?

I mean, there is a possibility the club still does not know whether to extend it or not. I does not mean it is a no!