Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Always funny reading Bluemoon. City fans genuinely think they're a big club and that world superstar players want to join them.

There's no way they get Pogba, Bale, or Koké level players. Unless they pull what United did last summer and offer 300k a week.

Third time lucky charm? Oscar, willian..now Nathan.

Hopes he's a REAL prospect for us, or is he in for the loanee trearment? Lol

From what I've seen at that U17 WC, he looked really good. Brazil's no. 10, five goals and five assists during that tournament (five games as they got knocked out by Mexico in the quarter finals). Nathan, that striker Mosquito and some other dude I can't remember his name right now were the standouts in that Brazilian team.

If we sign a HG GK (Butland, Ruddy etc.), a world class CM (Pogba or Koke) a backup for Matic (Schneiderlin, Matuidi, Naingollan etc.) and a world class CB (Varane or Hummels) then we'll be pretty much perfect. We can fund some of this by selling Cech, Cahill and Mikel.

1st team - Courtois, Azpi, Zouma, New CB, Luis, Matic, Fabregas, New CM, Hazard, Willian, Costa.

2nd team - HG GK, Ivan, JT, Christensen, Ake, Schneiderlin, Ramires, MVG, Oscar, Cuadrado, Remy.

Others in squad - Blackman, RLC, Baker, Boga, Traore, Bamford.

The problem is that we have two defensive minded players in 2 of three attacking position who appear to have inconsistent and fairly limited offensive games. Another issue is that Cesc for all of his assists is a plough horse and gets killed by any semblance of pace in the midfield.

Excluding any Messi scenario, I think that Chelsea needs a dynamic right winger with pace and a CAM who isn't a total defensive liability but who can create in space.

GK Keep Courtois Sell Cech for market (likely somewhere between 10-15 mil£) add a reliable second GK for cheap and perhaps Blackman as #3

LB Sell Luis unless he's going to start otherwise move Azpi to RB options at LB start with Rodriguez /Amavi

CB I think Varane is the choice here if he's available and the price is right.

RB As mentioned Azpi moves here Brana becomes super sub/spot starter for RB/CB/RWB/DM/ST

CM Matic needs help as does Cesc add one of Koke/Pogba and one of Nainggolan/Schneiderlin/Witsel/Other

RW- need a good RW with pace Sterlibg would fit but price is too much Bellerabi looks like he could be a great fit

CAM sell Oscar bring in Dimitri Payet he'd be reasonably cheap and he has great chemistry with Hazard from their Lille days. Or go with Fakir

Alternatively Hazard is moved to CAM and Chelsea looks for a new LW

ST need a Drogba replacement I'd love Benteke but I wonder if he wants to play as a #1 striker rather than a 2/3

The problem is that we have two defensive minded players in 2 of three attacking position who appear to have inconsistent and fairly limited offensive games. Another issue is that Cesc for all of his assists is a plough horse and gets killed by any semblance of pace in the midfield.

Excluding any Messi scenario, I think that Chelsea needs a dynamic right winger with pace and a CAM who isn't a total defensive liability but who can create in space.

GK Keep Courtois Sell Cech for market (likely somewhere between 10-15 mil£) add a reliable second GK for cheap and perhaps Blackman as #3

LB Sell Luis unless he's going to start otherwise move Azpi to RB options at LB start with Rodriguez /Amavi

CB I think Varane is the choice here if he's available and the price is right.

RB As mentioned Azpi moves here Brana becomes super sub/spot starter for RB/CB/RWB/DM/ST

CM Matic needs help as does Cesc add one of Koke/Pogba and one of Nainggolan/Schneiderlin/Witsel/Other

RW- need a good RW with pace Sterlibg would fit but price is too much Bellerabi looks like he could be a great fit

CAM sell Oscar bring in Dimitri Payet he'd be reasonably cheap and he has great chemistry with Hazard from their Lille days. Or go with Fakir

Alternatively Hazard is moved to CAM and Chelsea looks for a new LW

ST need a Drogba replacement I'd love Benteke but I wonder if he wants to play as a #1 striker rather than a 2/3

So Payet, Sterling/x, Koke/Pogba and Witsel/Nainggolan? thats four players, how many of them you want to play in our regular line up? I assume two?

Realisticaly our RW will only be improved with Turan/Sterling IMO. Bale is too expensive, while Sanchez, Messi, Reus etc. are unrealistic and too expensive.

In few years, we might actualy have english right side in Clyne-Sterling if we ever buy them.

Changed my mind again, lol.

Courtois/Butland

Azpi/Iva Zouma/Kalas Terry/Varane Luis/Azpi 3rd choice Ake (RB 3rd = Kalas) For the biggest games, Terry - Varane used

Matic/Schweinsteiger RLC/MvG 3rd choice CM = Colkett, 3rd choice DM Ake.

Cesc/Oscar/Willian

Willian/Oscar Diego/Remy Hazard/Remy 3rd choice FW = Fabregas

NB: Yes, Oscar can be a playmaker. He does it for Brazil, I don't see why he can't do it for us.

Changed my mind again, lol.

Courtois/Butland

Azpi/Iva Zouma/Kalas Terry/Varane Luis/Azpi 3rd choice Ake (RB 3rd = Kalas) For the biggest games, Terry - Varane used

Matic/Ake 3rd choice DM Zouma

Cesc/Oscar RLC/older mentor B2B to share duties with RLC 3rd choice CM = Colkett (who stays on the reserve team mostly)

Mata/Oscar Diego/Remy Hazard/Remy 3rd choice FW = Fabregas

NB: Yes, Oscar can be a playmaker. He does it for Brazil, I don't see why he can't do it for us.

4-3-3 used for the fact 2 wizards down the wings needs a more steely midfield.

Mata....? :drunk:

In theory wqhy not, but in reality it will never happen. José made his judgement and ManU would not sell him cheap. He is good but certainly not worth what they paid for him.

Oh yeah, it's just a shame LVG actually realised he was good...we could have got him so cheap :(

Manchester City will be having a fire sale at the end of the season... Well, they should at least. If they want to get anywhere.

I think we should push for Dzeko if he becomes available. Will be one of the cheaper players, and would be a good bit of business. Talented and tall striker who can bag a bunch throughout the season, and won't be too worried about playing time considering Costa will always have his nagging injuries, and when we have played 2 up front, we actually looked quite decent.

He links up nicely and if Costa does go down he is good enough to be the guy up front and lead your team to victories.

Manchester City will be having a fire sale at the end of the season... Well, they should at least. If they want to get anywhere.

I think we should push for Dzeko if he becomes available. Will be one of the cheaper players, and would be a good bit of business. Talented and tall striker who can bag a bunch throughout the season, and won't be too worried about playing time considering Costa will always have his nagging injuries, and when we have played 2 up front, we actually looked quite decent.

He links up nicely and if Costa does go down he is good enough to be the guy up front and lead your team to victories.

Agree. I've always though Dzeko was good enough to lead a team. If we could get him for around 15m that'd be amazing.

Agree. I've always though Dzeko was good enough to lead a team. If we could get him for around 15m that'd be amazing.

Tbh if we're going after ditched City strikers i'd much rather go for Jovetic.

Young, ridiculously talented but hasn't been given a proper chance at City. And I reckon you'd get him for under 10-15M.