KOKE/POGBA Matic

Ramires Backup

CESC

Willian 2

Willian Hazard

Cuadrado remy2/ramires2

Diego Costa

Remy

Sell four (Cahill, Oscar, Mikel, Cech, and whatever happens with Drogba), buy four.

pretty close to what i would want.

outs - cech, mikel, oscar, GC

ins - varane/inigo, koke/pogba, khedira/mvg(both free)

just went to bluemoon forum.

they want this team for next year

hart

(cabella)

zabaleta kompany mangala rodriguez

(new RB) (denayer) (demichelis) (kolarov)

koke pogba

(zucullini) (fernaninho)

sterling silva bale

(pozo) (lopes) (nasri)

aguero

(bony)

ins

koke - 44mil

pogba - 55mil

sterling - 40mil

bale - 70mil

rodriguez - 20mil

new RB ~ 6mil

total ~ 235mil pounds

outs

yaya - 15mil

fernando - 10mil

navas - 10mil

dzeko - 15mil

jovetic - 15mil

clichy - 5mil

sagna - 5mil

total~75mil

total net spend ~ 160 mil.

now, thats what i call delusional. i mean fuck FFP, fuck the other teams and the players' choices themselves. and whats even more baffling is that its almost unanimous that they will buy koke,pogba, bale and sterling. i mean WOOOOOW!!!

hart

(cabella)

koke pogba

(zucullini) (fernaninho)

sterling silva bale

(pozo) (lopes) (nasri)

aguero

(bony)

ins

koke - 44mil

pogba - 55mil

sterling - 40mil

bale - 70mil

rodriguez - 20mil

new RB ~ 6mil

total ~ 235mil pounds

outs

yaya - 15mil

fernando - 10mil

navas - 10mil

dzeko - 15mil

jovetic - 15mil

clichy - 5mil

sagna - 5mil

total~75mil

now, thats what i call delusional. i mean fuck FFP, fuck the other teams and the players' choices themselves. and whats even more baffling is that its almost unanimous that they will buy koke,pogba, bale and sterling. i mean WOOOOOW!!!

Yeah they are used to that :)

They could get a couple off that list though - they certainly have the spending power!

Would be amazing if they slipped out of Top4 - then they'd be fucked for signings ;)

I would take Sterling in a heartbeat for the RW position. Would be an excellent signing but not cheap. He'd need to want to come, if that makes sense.

I don't get the Messi idea. Firstly we will NEVER sign him, keep dreaming guys. Secondly, he wouldn't fit with our system of play AT ALL. He does very little pressing or tracking back and we can't afford a passenger in that department.

If we can get Pogba or Koke then GREAT, if not, Schneiderlin is a good alternative and would complement Matic and Fab well. I get the impression we are going to go more 4-3-3 next season. Matic, Fab, Ramires and one other would work well for the 3 midfield roles.

No need to replace Remy unless he's desperate to leave. He's been great and is the perfect 2nd choice striker.

hart

(cabella)

koke pogba

(zucullini) (fernaninho)

sterling silva bale

(pozo) (lopes) (nasri)

aguero

(bony)

ins

koke - 44mil

pogba - 55mil

sterling - 40mil

bale - 70mil

rodriguez - 20mil

new RB ~ 6mil

total ~ 235mil pounds

outs

yaya - 15mil

fernando - 10mil

navas - 10mil

dzeko - 15mil

jovetic - 15mil

clichy - 5mil

sagna - 5mil

total~75mil

I would not be surprised if they ended up with Pogba and Sterling (both players want excessive wages...and City are stupid enough to pay over-the-top amounts for them)

How do we change the fact we only have two reliable goalscorers in the starting XI?

Creating chances is not our problem, we are in the top 5 bracket in Europe's top 5 league's in that department this season, yet if you look at the teams we're ranked with, they've all scored more goals than us. In 2015, our goals scored record has been underwhelming. We aren't an efficient team. Yes, an improvement on last season thanks to Costa and Fabregas, but we can be so much better.

Signing a reliable 3 goalscorer is a must, that was one of the reasons we struggled vs Paris in the home leg. All of the other top sides have more than two goalscorers in our starting XI. Signing Koke or Pogba will make us stronger but it won't improve our goalscoring by a great deal, which is what we need to take us to an even higher level. Both are also likely to be sold for an insane amount and Pogba will pick Barca or Madrid ahead of us, anyway. Most of this is down to the fact Willian and Oscar have terrible scoring records this season. Between them, they've scoered 9 or 10 goals all season. That's unacceptable.

Schneiderlein, I'm not against. But we have to go all out for Reus or Greizmann if he's more realistic. Get rid of Oscar in the process as well. Painfully average, except for a few wonder goals here or there. Willian can do his pressing job in the 10 role if Mourinho insists on utilizing it so much.

In: Green, Howedes, B. Mendy, Koke, A. Gomes, Griezmann

Out: Cech, Cahill, Ivanovic, Ramires, Oscar, Salah*, bunch of players out on loan

GK: Courtois, Green, Blackman

CB: Terry, Howedes, Zouma

RB: Azpi (Howedes)

LB: Luis*, Mendy

DM: Matic, Mikel, Ake

CM: Fabregas, Koke, Gomes, RLC*

RW: Griezmann, Cuadrado

LW: Hazard, Willian

ST: Costa, Remy/Bamford*, Solanke

Courtois

Azpi - Howedes - Terry - Luis

Matic

Fabregas - Koke

Griezmann - Costa - Hazard

This is something I wrote a while ago. I decided to visit the world of fantasy and reverie and ended up reciding there for a while, and it just flowed out. This is not how I thought it would end up, decided to post it anyway. I warn you, it's huge (that's what she said... I'm sorry, I could not resist).

Howedes is a player you tend to forget. He's a Schalke player, not exactly a high profile club, and he's not someone who looks for the spotlight. But he's been around very, very long time, it feels like forever. A one club player as well, so you don't hear about him because of transfer sagas. The only quality player Schalke have been able to keep at the club over the years.
He's had to play with some awful partners over the years, but he's always managed to look good. He's been on the end of some real beatings as well, so you imagine he's built up quite the mental strength. The man does his job, and he does it very well. Good on the ground and in the air, big and strong, good pace, not easily turned and more than decent on the ball as well. An intelligent and pro active defender as well, he'll come out of his defence to apply pressure and he'll sniff out some attacks very early. And that's the type of defender Chelsea have really missed. Howedes is not a defender that will go down in the history books, but he's a fantastic all-round CB. I think he would be perfect. He's at the perfect age (27), and has the leadership qualities to take over from the great JT. And with superior players around him, he'll play at an even higher level. For example, I thought he did a very good job at the World Cup, even though he had to play LB (as a right-footed player).

This creates a backline with a lot more pace, athleticism and mobility, as well as added quality imo. The only thing you lose is the height Ivanovic offered, though it's more about his aerial prowess than actual height. But Howedes' versatality, capable of playing both RB and LB, offers the possibility to take out either Azpi or Luis against the likes of West Ham and Stoke.

Koke adds the energy and tenacity the midfield has often lacked, as well as the quality to support Fabregas in taking control of the midfield zone. Koke's presence in the middle should also make the team less vulnerable to counter-attacks and getting overrun in midfield. And his set-piece delivery should also make Chelsea even more intimidating from corners and free-kicks.

Griezmann's entire game is revolved around movement. He's constantly moving, always looking for space. Direct running, moving into positions to create space for his teammates, drifting into positions to offer support and a passing option. Quick, agile, sharp, very good ball control, a cool finisher, Griezmann has a real eye for goals. Not the type of player who will get people off their seats with mazy dribbles, neither does he possess outstanding passing. Definitely the type of player who's at his best in and around the box. But that's more than fine. It allows most of the play to go through Eden, Cesc and Koke, all players that love to get on the ball. Griezmann is not the type of player that likes to get involved in the build-up play much, but he has a quick mind. He's very good at playing quick passes and exchanging one-two's to keep the ball circulation high. Something that has been a problem as we've often witnessed slow passing, making it easy for opposition team to organise their set-up and defend.
A very intelligent player and he complements Hazard well because of their completely different styles. Willian and Cuadrado offer different options when necessary. And this way you have three players in your starting line up who are all capable of scoring 15+ goals each in all competitions.

Mendy is a French fullback, 20 years old and plays for Marseille. He's a fantastic prospect imo. He has the height and physicality Mou loves, but combines this with pace and energy. It's been so long since we've seen a Chelsea fullback with pace (I always wonder why... fast fullbacks are crucial). But Mendy is also tidy in possession and has pretty good cross on him. He seems to have been missed by the hype train, which is wonderful. He could be scooped up like Zouma, for a similar price as well I think. I think he'd make a wonderful back-up and could claim that LB position after one or two seasons.

This squad would allow great tactical versatality imo. Possibility of switching between 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 system during a game, with Koke moving to the right of midfield and Griezmann partnering Costa. You could opt to leave out Fabregas and go for a counter-attacking 4-2-3-1 with Willian in the line-up. A system with 3 defenders would even be possible. Good options on the bench as well.
Fantastic mix of young and old/experienced too. 17 senior outfield players and three youth players that can actually get some time on the pitch.

Next year should Terry's final year as a starter imo. He remains a very good CB and I really love the man but it's time to move on. His limitations holds the defence back, which infects the entire team. There is a pressing need for more pace and mobility in the back, allowing Chelsea to press more and become less vulnerable to pace and balls played behind the defence.
Zouma to rotate with Terry next season, and ideally being more than ready to take over in 16/17. End of an era. A hard but necessary decision.

Luis is in a strange position. I'd love a left-footed player on the left again and at least one fullback capable of providing on both ends on the pitch, one who is comfortable on the ball. If Mou doesn't think he's good enough or the type of player he wants (I don't understand it, but what else are you supposed to think), it would be best to sell while he still has value. If Luis is not the answer, Ricardo Rodriguez would be fantastic imo. Either that or you stick with Azpi on the left, and buy Clyne for the RB position.

I think it's time to move on with Cahill, Ivanovic and Ramires. All have served the club well, but the club is in a ideal position to take the next step and this a great time to cash in on them. Ivanovic has been linked to a few clubs and Ramires is a fantastic option for 'Europe's midtable'. I can imagine the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham and Southampton being interested in Cahill.

Oscar has been offered plenty of chances, it has not worked out. If the rumours of interest are true, I think it would be wise to sell because of the good money the club would receive. Gomes would be a fine replacement imo. 4th choice midfielder, rotating with Fabregas and Koke. Height, strength, good technique, pretty good shot on him, able to play anywhere in midfield. Fantastic talent, and someone who could already be trusted to slot in midfield against any opponent. RLC to take in the 4th choice CM spot. Why not? There's always the posibility of going 4-2-3-1, taking of a midfielder for Willian or Cuadrado in case of an emergency. No need to keep a player like Ramires and waste valuable game time on him.

I have no idea what the deal with Fiorentina is concerning Salah, but it would be best if he could be sold in the summer for some extra funds. And I don't know if Remy is content with his game time. It would be great for Chelsea if he stayed but I suspect he might choose to leave in the summer. If so, maybe Bamford is ready to be 2nd choice? If not, a new striker will be needed. It will be very hard to find a good striker willing to warm the bench for the most part of the season. Why not give Bamford a chance? If he turns out to be completely incompetent, Jan will offer the opportunity to buy someone else. Risky of course, but you have to take some risks sometimes. Some risks turn out really well.

And what is the point of three senior strikers? 3rd choice will hardly play, hardly anyone will sign up to that. Drogba was perfect because of he was at the end of his career, playing for a former club and satisfied with whatever little he could play. Two senior strikers and a young gun is more than enough. Solanke has done more than well at youth level, allow him some game time in the (early rounds of the) cup competitions and a sub appearance here and there.

Alternatives:
Green: Any experienced GK, preferably English for the quota.
Howedes: Otamendi, De Vrij, N'koulou, Mustafi
Mendy: Baba
Koke: Xhaka, Kondogbia
Gomes: Can, Imbula, Ward-Prowse, Casemiro
Griezmann: Sterling, Pedro

I'd like:

Courtois

/Butland (3rd keeper = Blackman)

Azpi Varane Terry (subj to perf) Luis

/Iva /Iva /Zouma /Azpi (3rd for back 4 = Ake)

Gundogan Matic

/Fabregas /MVG/Ake (3rd for DMs: Zouma/Ake)

Messi Fabregas Hazard

/Cuadrado /Willian /Willian (3rd for CAM/CM: RLC, RW 3rd: Fabregas, LW 3rd: Messi

Diego

/Remy(maybe Icardi) (3rd for ST: Fabregas, Messi)

Only reason Cahill is out is because Iva can play more positions, despite the fact I regard Cahill as a better defender)

I'd like:

Courtois

/Butland (3rd keeper = Blackman)

Azpi Varane Terry (subj to perf) Luis

/Iva /Iva /Zouma /Azpi (3rd for back 4 = Ake)

Gundogan Matic

/Fabregas /MVG/Ake (3rd for DMs: Zouma/Ake)

Messi Fabregas Hazard

/Cuadrado /Willian /Willian (3rd for CAM/CM: RLC, RW 3rd: Fabregas, LW 3rd: Messi

Diego

/Remy(maybe Icardi) (3rd for ST: Fabregas, Messi)

Only reason Cahill is out is because Iva can play more positions, despite the fact I regard Cahill as a better defender)

I don't understand why everyone wants Gundogan in our team. It's clearly as day he won't come here next season, why in the world would Mourinho risk a move like this with him when we can get a player from the same calibre as old Gundogan without any risk injury.

Also there is absolutely no way we can make another transfer if we sign Messi and to be frank i'd rather try and get Varane and Pogba than simply Messi.

I don't understand why everyone wants Gundogan in our team. It's clearly as day he won't come here next season, why in the world would Mourinho risk a move like this with him when we can get a player from the same calibre as old Gundogan without any risk injury.

Also there is absolutely no way we can make another transfer if we sign Messi and to be frank i'd rather try and get Varane and Pogba than simply Messi.

Always admired Gundogan. He's a complete midfielder imo. Otherwise see Koke.

I agree but after his injury we should wait a season to see how he goes. I have my doubts he will get back to his old self.

Also alternatively to Messi Max Meyer of Schalke I'd like to see. If he can play RW with Willian at CAM it would be ideal, but otherwise Willian can stay RW and Meyer in the middle.

Seriously, the guy looks exceptional for his age, and with that we can afford Gundogan/Koke, Butland and Varane more easily than with Messi.

Chelsea have just signed Nathan (Atletico Paranaense) for £5m.

I remember him from the U17 World Cup back in October last year. A central/attacking midfielder IIRC. Looked pretty good during that tournament.

Third time lucky charm? Oscar, willian..now Nathan.

Hopes he's a REAL prospect for us, or is he in for the loanee trearment? Lol