Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Lmao i was just coming to post the above ^.

I think we should sign Schneiderlin as a replacement for Mikel, and backup to Matic. IF, we sign a top class CAM/Rw on the level of Hazard.

Schneiderlin has revealed that he wants UCL Football, and will push through a move if it doesnt happen this season.

I can't stress how great it would be to see a midfield 3 of:

Fabregas Schneiderlin

Matic

If you think he had the choice between us and Arsenal, who would he choose? Easy decision. He's there for the taking if we want him, as he's definitely not staying with the Saints beyond this season (as much as I like Southampton).

If you think he had the choice between us and Arsenal, who would he choose? Easy decision. He's there for the taking if we want him, as he's definitely not staying with the Saints beyond this season (as much as I like Southampton).

It depends on whether he'd be a regular in our starting 11 or whether he'd just be a squad player who features in the big games. If it's the latter then he'd be better off going to Arsenal for the game time.

It depends on whether he'd be a regular in our starting 11 or whether he'd just be a squad player who features in the big games. If it's the latter then he'd be better off going to Arsenal for the game time.

I thought about that. But that's two reliable sources saying our scouts were at that game looking at him and Clyne. Combine that with José's comments about transfers, basically 'no one will come in unless someone is sold' and it's possible we may be debating restructuring our midfield; possibly into a midfield 3 through selling Oscar/Ramires.

It would make sense. We all banked on José going for a 4-3-3 as soon as he arrived, but it seemed our overflowing AM department (which José basically got rid of) may have pushed him towards this 4-2-3-1, with Oscar is basically working more like a CM.

Anyway, if we were in for Schneiderlin, a player who has been one of the best midfielders in the league this season and will cost quite a bit now, I would like to think we would want him in the first team.

I dont think that would be the case because, this would be someone JM trusts.

He wouldn't need to wait for "his ramires to be back" only for the second half of the season, and would definately be a better alternative than Mikel. JM can be more proactive in rotating the squad, without having to fear that No matic equals No win.

However i will concede that its hard to tell who JM 'trusts', because i feel he's being loyal to players he has no choice but to be loyal to (in his mind). I would think, signing Cuadrado would equate to him rotating the from '3' more, but it hasnt.

if we sign Schneiderlin and a top top option for the '3' i really think we'd be set.

Icardi is matured enough. He's a villain type, they grow up faster. Through his charisma, mental strength and, of course, quality he'd fit like a glove in Mourinho team.

And you need younger guys in your team. You don't want all of them to be around the same age. Diego and Remy are at their peak and Icardi has that nice gap. It's important if you don't want to all players to decline at once.

I'd be happy with Benteke as well. Mourinho likes the strong guys and he may look for replacement for Drogba. Benteke is excellent in the air and is very strong, also more accomplished technically and in a hold-up play than Lukaku. I like him and it looks that he's back.

Either of Icardi/Dybala/Benteke would do.

If Villa go down, Benteke is an easy, must signing for me. Perfect replacement for Drogba.

Imagine having to choose from Costa, Remy and Benteke. That would be excellent.

I can't stress how great it would be to see a midfield 3 of:

Fabregas Schneiderlin

Matic

I dont like it, it should be Pogba, Koke or a fit Gundogan there, not Schneiderlin with all the respect. We should aim a lot higher if we want to make that next step.

Schneiderlin in Chelsea only as a back up for me. he's a great DM for Tottenham or Arsenal, he's a good DM for Chelsea.

Imagine having to choose from Costa, Remy and Benteke. That would be excellent.

The word is unnecessary.

I dont like it, it should be Pogba, Koke or a fit Gundogan there, not Schneiderlin with all the respect. We should aim a lot higher if we want to make that next step.

Schneiderlin in Chelsea only as a back up for me. he's a great DM for Tottenham or Arsenal, he's a good DM for Chelsea.

There is a difference between aiming high and being realistic. Schneiderlin is a very good player and he is on a plate if we really want him.

The reality behind ANY of those players you have listed joining Chelsea in the summer is about 20%, max.

Pogba is too expensive, unless PSG come in with another stupid offer for the likes of Oscar to the tune of £40m+.

We already tried for Koké last summer and he didn't come. Also, he's obviously very loyal to Atletico and seems to want to stay in Spain.

Gundogan doesn't even seem to be on our radar, nor do German players leave the Bundesliga lightly. Not to mention the fact he has been pretty injury prone as of late.

Big benefit of signing Schneiderlin instead of Pogba or Koké is that he's been in the PL for a couple of years now and understands the demands and how teams play. He's used to the slog and marathon that English football is. Wouldn't need months to settle and have his form drop around Christmas when players from other countries are used to a winter break.

If we have to "settle" for Schneiderlin than I'm all for it. We'd have to very quickly determine whether Pogba or Koké are attainable because if we wait too long chasing them without success one of our rivals will snap up Schneiderlin. I think he'd be a game changer for Arsenal in particular and I'd hate to see him there. He looks top class at Southampton with good players around him and would look even better with great ones around him.

There is a difference between aiming high and being realistic. Schneiderlin is a very good player and he is on a plate if we really want him.

The reality behind ANY of those players you have listed joining Chelsea in the summer is about 20%, max.

Pogba is too expensive, unless PSG come in with another stupid offer for the likes of Oscar to the tune of £40m+.

We already tried for Koké last summer and he didn't come. Also, he's obviously very loyal to Atletico and seems to want to stay in Spain.

Gundogan doesn't even seem to be on our radar, nor do German players leave the Bundesliga lightly. Not to mention the fact he has been pretty injury prone as of late.

If all of this is true, and i dont think it is but we shall see, we shoudlnt settle for Schneiderlin or anyone like him, that would put us in the exactly same place as we are right now, maybe a tad better. Settling for less is exatcly what will not get us to the very top.

A player such as Schneiderlin will never start for Bayern, Real or Barcelona right now, not even close. If we cant get the three i mentioned, we should keep looking. Getting PL "starts" like Schneiderlin is something we should let Liverpool to keep doing. Signing those players would make us another ordinary PL champions, who cant compete with the top dogs in Europe, like City or the last United who've won it. Its like my nightmare tbh.

Maybe we see Schneiderlin differently, i dont know, or maybe you dont really think Chelsea should aim to the stars (sorry for sounding so corney). And we can get those huge players, we do it all the time, you just need to find them at the right moment like we did with Cesc and Costa. I believe Koke and Pogba are in the right moment to come and get them this summer, especially Pogba (is 50m pounds too much for us? im not sure). Gundogan probably stays in Dortmund, but if we cant get the former two, we should try a bid imo.

"Benefit" for Schneiderlin on Pogba and Koke? again with this famous "PL experience"? god what are you smoking... give it to me and i'll burn it.

PL is not the best, its acutally tactically stupid in most teams because of horrible managers, you dont need experience in it to show you're a great.

"he can keep his form after christmes".. what form? what Schneiderlin can give us when he's on form? silky touch on the ball? a threat on goal? super technical abilities? assists master? long passes maestro? amazing dribbler? no, no, no and again no. He can seat deep and pass the ball left and right, and wait to defend the counters with Matic. thats what we need. Hello Bayern, here we come!

"Benefit" for Schneiderlin on Pogba and Koke? again with this famous "PL experience"? god what are you smoking... give it to me and i'll burn it.

PL is not the best, its acutally tactically stupid in most teams because of horrible managers, you dont need experience in it to show you're a great.

"he can keep his form after christmes".. what form? what Schneiderlin can give us when he's on form? silky touch on the ball? a threat on goal? super technical abilities? assists master? long passes maestro? amazing dribbler? no, no, no and again no. He can seat deep and pass the ball left and right, and wait to defend the counters with Matic. thats what we need. Hello Bayern, here we come!

You sound like a spoiled child who supports Real Madrid. It's superstar, mega-name or bust.

Get fucking real.