Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

#SaintsFC are delighted to announce the signing of Italy international striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo from @OfficialASRoma.

Very very good player.

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Southampton have made some very impressive signings after their promotion last year. Clyne, Ramirez, Lovren, Wanyama and now Osvaldo just to name a few.

#SaintsFC are delighted to announce the signing of Italy international striker Pablo Daniel Osvaldo from @OfficialASRoma.

Very very good player.

What a signing! I wonder what the fee was, Roma have no reason to let him go. I think he'll do exceptionally well in the PL.

What a signing! I wonder what the fee was, Roma have no reason to let him go. I think he'll do exceptionally well in the PL.

€15m is what I'm hearing. Wonder where Southampton got all the money for the signings they've made this summer. Wanyama, Lovren and now Osvaldo have all cost them well over 10 million each.

Roma are now lacking a striker. Maybe we could offer them Torres in a direct swap for De Rossi? :wank2:

€15m is what I'm hearing. Wonder where Southampton got all the money for the signings they've made this summer. Wanyama, Lovren and now Osvaldo have all cost them well over 10 million each.

Roma are now lacking a striker. Maybe we could offer them Torres in a direct swap for De Rossi? :wank2:

The money that the relatively small clubs are getting it , it's from the new TV deal which gives more money to a side finsihing 20th in PL than the side finishing 4th in La Liga.

Hence Osvaldo, Wanyama, Carroll, Medel, van Wolfswinkel, Bony.

Only if we secure the signing for Rooney, wouldn't like to go into a season with only two strikers

The money that the relatively small clubs are getting it , it's from the new TV deal which gives more money to a side finsihing 20th in PL than the side finishing 4th in La Liga.

Hence Osvaldo, Wanyama, Carroll, Medel, van Wolfswinkel, Bony.

Is the money really that significant when compared to the Premier League's previous tv deal? I know the deal is much better and more evenly distributed than it is in the La Liga but enough to make bottom half club able to spend over £50m on transfers in a single transfer window?

Not that I'm complaining, personally I think it's great that even the clubs outside the European places can attract such high profile players. Makes for a much interesting competition when there are for example players good enough for the Italian national team playing for clubs such as Southampton and Sunderland.

Only if we secure the signing for Rooney, wouldn't like to go into a season with only two strikers

Mourinho sure seems optimistic that we'll have a new striker before the window closes. It may not be Rooney but it sure as hell will be a player who's better than Torres.

And my remark was more of a joke than anything because I don't believe for a second that we could actually offload Torres to Roma. On loan to some Spanish or Italian club is pretty much the best we could realistically hope for if the club finally decide to try and get rid of him.

Is the money really that significant when compared to the Premier League's previous tv deal? I know the deal is much better and more evenly distributed than it is in the La Liga but enough to make bottom half club able to spend over £50m on transfers in a single transfer window?

Not that I'm complaining, personally I think it's great that even the clubs outside the European places can attract such high profile players. Makes for a much interesting competition when there are for example players good enough for the Italian national team playing for clubs such as Southampton and Sunderland.

I read the article some time back and i remember it aid that the clubs will be getting 25M pounds on average every year starting from this August!

Here i hope this helps: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/06/19/premier-league-tv-rights-qa-including-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

Very much so. From winning the league last season, United earned around £60m from TV money. The champions this season will get closer to £100m and the team that finishes bottom will receive more than £60m.