Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Did a quick check on this and I don't see anything recent. Last story on this was like last week and that has gone quiet...

Maybe. He didnt play vs leverkusen, might be a sign that he is off. 

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Maybe. He didnt play vs leverkusen, might be a sign that he is off. 

He did play against Leverkusen, albeit for 6 minutes. 

In any case, he has been slightly in and out of the XI in the last couple of games. Not sure if the last one really made any difference.

44 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Bad news, I cant understand why we aint in for him for such a low fee, Regulian the same.

Because at Chelsea the midfield is already well stacked as it is and will be even more so if/when Havertz joins. Thiago does offer different qualities than any current midfielder at the club but it doesn't really make much sense to go after him when there are more pressing concerns in the squad.

And the low fee is not the only thing to consider, Thiago has big wages too and is looking for the last big contract of his career so he's going to demand a lot. At 29yo the club probably wouldn't be giving him more than a 3 year deal so altogether with amortisation and wages we're looking at £20-25M a year for him. To put into context, Havertz at £70M fee and the rumoured £9M/year wages would be somewhere in the same ballpark annually because of the longer contract and costs being divided to a longer period. Don't let the inexpensive transfer fee fool you, Thiago is not a cheap player.

As for Reguilon I agree, signing him would make way more sense than getting Chillwell at a much larger transfer fee. 

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Because at Chelsea the midfield is already well stacked as it is and will be even more so if/when Havertz joins. Thiago does offer different qualities than any current midfielder at the club but it doesn't really make much sense to go after him when there are more pressing concerns in the squad.

And the low fee is not the only thing to consider, Thiago has big wages too and is looking for the last big contract of his career so he's going to demand a lot. At 29yo the club probably wouldn't be giving him more than a 3 year deal so altogether with amortisation and wages we're looking at £20-25M a year for him. To put into context, Havertz at £70M fee and the rumoured £9M/year wages would be somewhere in the same ballpark annually because of the longer contract and costs being divided to a longer period. Don't let the inexpensive transfer fee fool you, Thiago is not a cheap player.

As for Reguilon I agree, signing him would make way more sense than getting Chillwell at a much larger transfer fee. 

I see your point, yes we are stacked but is it quality enough though? I dont know how much he gets at BM but yeah he most likely aint cheap, quality player though and will improve pool for sure.

Reguilon makes much more sense than CW for sure.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I see your point, yes we are stacked but is it quality enough though? I dont know how much he gets at BM but yeah he most likely aint cheap, quality player though and will improve pool for sure.

Thiago would definitely be an improvement on pretty much every midfielder at the club but who would you move on to make place for him?

The answer is not Jorginho because the club have been trying to move him on and been unsuccessful at that. Kante, RLC, Kovacic, Mount and Gilmour are going nowhere and rightly so. Barkley probably will be sold if a buyer is found, but it's looking like Havertz is going take that spot if he joins. So if Havertz deal goes through and assuming Barkley is sold/loaned that still leaves 7 players for 3 spots which is already one more than ideal so the solution is definitely not to go after yet another midfielder.

Based on reports Thiago is earning €230K/wk at the moment in Bayern. Seeing as the next one will be his last big contract and he's still a world class player I'd be really surprised if his next deal won't be a fair bit higher than that. So a €30M fee and €250-270K/wk for a 29yo player.

3 minutes ago, Jype said:

Thiago would definitely be an improvement on pretty much every midfielder at the club but who would you move on to make place for him?

The answer is not Jorginho because the club have been trying to move him on and been unsuccessful at that. Kante, RLC, Kovacic, Mount and Gilmour are going nowhere and rightly so. Barkley probably will be sold if a buyer is found, but it's looking like Havertz is going take that spot if he joins. So if Havertz deal goes through and assuming Barkley is sold/loaned that still leaves 7 players for 3 spots which is already one more than ideal so the solution is definitely not to go after yet another midfielder.

Based on reports Thiago is earning €230K/wk at the moment in Bayern. Seeing as the next one will be his last big contract and he's still a world class player I'd be really surprised if his next deal won't be a fair bit higher than that. So a €30M fee and €250-270K/wk for a 29yo player.

Then I cant see pool going for him.....seemingly they are skint. Thiago would slot right in here but I rather DR if we can get him, though I doubt it.