Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I wouldn't mind us going for Fischer from Ajax! I often forget we're one of the biggest and best clubs in the world (despite our form), so we deserve the very best.

I see Fischer becoming everything Gronkjaer was hyped up to be and more. He's brilliant.

I think we need at least 4 players in jan. it will cost us big but it is worth it. Cb-Dm-Cam/Cf-St

Cb either Hummels or badstuber would be amazing.

Dm. Fernandinho/Vidal/Cabaye/Tiote

Cam/Cf Jovetic/Isco/Fellaini/El shaarawy

St Gomez/Cavani/Lewandowski/Falcao/Damiao

Why would we buy a centre-back now when we have Terry, Ivanovic, Luis and Cahill? Unless we sell one (Luiz) or someone special becomes available, it's not an area we're going to strengthen. I honestly don't think we need to because most of our problems come from.....

DM. We need one. An imposing, alert, hard-working, never-say-die guy. That guy is Fellaini in my opinion. He can replace Mikel and hopefully produce the type of performances that mean we can play Oscar in the double-pivot rather than Ramires (who covers up a lot of Mikel's failings). In fact, maybe Mikel could be tested in the double-pivot where he'd have less defensive responsibilities. I'm not saying it would work, but we could try it.

Strikers. With Sturridge 99% gone, we need someone who is a going to be happy fighting for a place but also able to play wide. He should also be English if possible and to me that sounds like just one guy - Theo Walcott. Desperately needs a change of workplace but still young enough to fulfil some of that potential. And what's the one thing that all Wenger products can do?? PASS THE FUCKING BALL.

The main striker purchase would be someone short-term in my opinion. We'll have a new manager in the summer and committing to a £40 million+ striker when you're not sure if the new guy will want him is dangerous. Ergo I'd be inclined to go with the 'cheap and proven' route and maybe take a punt on Demba Ba and Darren Bent. Instant competition from proven goalscorers on the cheap and who you could flog in the summer for minimal loss (and maybe possible profit). Not exciting, not forward thinking but simply pragmatic choices to hopefully secure a top four spot.

Why would we buy a centre-back now when we have Terry, Ivanovic, Luis and Cahill? Unless we sell one (Luiz) or someone special becomes available, it's not an area we're going to strengthen. I honestly don't think we need to because most of our problems come from.....

Because if azpi gets injured you only have 3 cb and one of them is getting older and more injury prone by the day while another one makes schoolboy mistakes every other weekend and thinks of himself as the second comng of baresi.

Because if azpi gets injured you only have 3 cb and one of them is getting older and more injury prone by the day while another one makes schoolboy mistakes every other weekend and thinks of himself as the second comng of baresi.

But you have to prioritise these things and think logically about the future. You're also forgetting about Ferreira who is a good deputy in case something does go wrong. You're talking about a six month period before a new manager comes in who might want something totally different from his personnel. I would be very, very surprised if our board went after a £15 million defender 'just in case' Azpi gets injured.

But you have to prioritise these things and think logically about the future. You're also forgetting about Ferreira who is a good deputy in case something does go wrong. You're talking about a six month period before a new manager comes in who might want something totally different from his personnel. I would be very, very surprised if our board went after a £15 million defender 'just in case' Azpi gets injured.

Ferreira is unreliable imo and nobody is saying to spend 15m on a center back right now there are cheaper options available like okore who would cost less then 5m and kurt zouma who will cost around 7-10m.These are young players that wont force the likes of terry and ivanovic out of the team but in case they get injured or get tired we will have a young,hungry and eager to impress player come in and take his place.

Ferreira is unreliable imo and nobody is saying to spend 15m on a center back right now there are cheaper options available like okore who would cost less then 5m and kurt zouma who will cost around 7-10m.These are young players that wont force the likes of terry and ivanovic out of the team but in case they get injured or get tired we will have a young,hungry and eager to impress player come in and take his place.

When Ferreria was asked to come in against Benfica last year, he was magnificent. He's been a great servant so to call him unreliable when he's essentially our third choice is a little unfair.

The players you mentioned might not be unreliable but they are untested and like I said, it's about prioritising your needs and not making signings like this when you're not sure the new guy will want them.

When Ferreria was asked to come in against Benfica last year, he was magnificent. He's been a great servant so to call him unreliable when he's essentially our third choice is a little unfair.

The players you mentioned might not be unreliable but they are untested and like I said, it's about prioritising your needs and not making signings like this when you're not sure the new guy will want them.

I agree ferreira has been very good for us and always does a job but he ain't getting any younger is he?and i think the new guy would not mind having a young talented cb at his disposal.If you look at all the top team they all have 5 cb's in their squad,Options dont hurt anyone.

I agree ferreira has been very good for us and always does a job but he ain't getting any younger is he?and i think the new guy would not mind having a young talented cb at his disposal.If you look at all the top team they all have 5 cb's in their squad,Options dont hurt anyone.

It's not about options, it's about needs. We don't need another centre-half at this moment in time when we have 4 very good ones. If Azpi gets injured then we have 3. If one of them gets injured we have 2 and then you're looking at someone like Romeu being the back-up or maybe even promoting Ake. This is how squad building works. It would be great to have 5 players for each position, just in case but you have to be sensible about it and you have to think about the future. You also have to look at nationalities and the squad make-up. If a young English centre-half became available then you make an exception but as it stands it's not something I see us doing.

It's not about options, it's about needs. We don't need another centre-half at this moment in time when we have 4 very good ones. If Azpi gets injured then we have 3. If one of them gets injured we have 2 and then you're looking at someone like Romeu being the back-up or maybe even promoting Ake. This is how squad building works. It would be great to have 5 players for each position, just in case but you have to be sensible about it and you have to think about the future. You also have to look at nationalities and the squad make-up. If a young English centre-half became available then you make an exception but as it stands it's not something I see us doing.

Well i do think we need a new cb but you have your own opinions so i guess there is no point in arguing.I am hoping that all of our players stay fit through out the season :) .

Anyone who watched the realmadrid vs ajax game and saw the first two goals will see how a deep playmaker like modric which chelsea never had will help our team in attack with long passes. We need that in our team with the sturridge money + extra.

We also need some strength in our midfield(fellani), we are all of a sudden bullied in physical games.

We can then swoop for cavani as a proper striker upfront.

CM - fernadinho, moutinho

Fellani for strength

ST - Cavani or falcao

Striker is priority. Its up to club if they will splash cash or wait for new manager to chose big stiker and niw buy someone cheap until summer.

I hope we get Bony as cheap or Cavani as expensive.

In case Danny goes, we probably need two strikers. The second one should be cheap, but good enough for rotation.

CM also needs improvement, however KDB is coming in summer. I think we should buy Fernandinho/Inler/Vidal/XXX. Someone who will lead midfield, is experinced, wont give up and runs forever. Every team needs heart in midfield and we dont have it yet. Mata is too unbalanced right now.

We dont need CB or LB/RB this winter.

Some strenght would come handy. Fellaini could come, but Im not sure about him too much. If we get strong CM, then this is not required. KDB could be recalled to add some rotation Mazacar, but there are Marin and Moses already.

-------

My personal opinion is that we will go after top striker (Romans obssesion, but also a need right now). Falcao is most available from big money strikera at moment.

We lack some strenght in midfield. Possibly with experience from Epl already. Vidal is not available, Fernandinho was not linked, De Rossi too expensive, Inler not linked etc. Fellaini is probably the most possible target. If we sell Danny, we probably buy Bony for 10mio (I guess Danny sale would be around 20mio - he still has lot of potential, is young and english).

We will spend big - striker 50mio, Fellaini 20 and possibly Bony 10. We get 20 back (and hopefuly something for Torres). 60mio spend is not that much. However I hope Danny stays.

Demba Ba seems like the best option for january- good price, PL experience which is important especially when the player comes in the middle of a season, and he's a wonerfull striker- very good finisher, good technics on the ball, and he could combine with our attacking midfielders pretty well i think. Plus he can help the club for years, not just this season. great option for 2nd striker when we'll get Cavani or Falcao.

There is actually one minor problem- he's playing with Senegal in the ACON, we'll have him only in Fab, but we should still get him.

Again i dont understand this Fellaini thing, havent got how exactly it will work with him in our team. the CM we need imo is someone like Moutinho or Cabay. If you also want a strong CDM the answer is someone like Capoue, not Fellaini.