Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Still, it’s extremely embarrassing how much better run City are than us. Their recruitment makes our look amateurish. 

Just to refute your point slightly - Mangala, Danilo, Torres and Grealish could become part of that list too.

If you spend as much as them, it's bound to work out eventually. 

Edited by LAM09

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Oh, don’t get me wrong. They have to spend a fuck ton of cash to buy all their players but their success rate makes our look terrible. They have a couple here and there that don’t pan out but for the most part they turn into stars. 

Meanwhile, it feels like we hit on 1 in every 5 signings we make. We seriously haven’t got lucky with any of our biggest buys and that’s insane. Torres, Lukaku, Kepa, Werner. Even Havertz hasn’t lived up to his price tag yet.

City buy Ederson for £50m and he becomes the best keeper in the world. They buy Dias for £60m and he becomes world class. They buy Walker for £50m and he becomes world class. De Bruyne the same.  Mahrez the same. Cancelo the same. Rodri the same. And on and on…

Pretty much every expensive signing they make lives up to the billing. And the ones that fail to don’t hamstring them like they do here.

The main reason for this is that the board are joined up with Pep in what they want to buy. They've bought into his philosophy and it's reaped dividends. Liverpool have the same under Klopp. These players are being bought to work in their systems and hence why more are successful than not.

I always feel instead of a real plan in place, we like to buy the flavour of the month. Sometimes they work, like Kante, but a lot of the time they don't because they've either been bought off the back of one good season or no plan as to how they'll fit into what we already have.

As a club, we would have been no worse off this season if we hadn't bought Lukaku and Saul and instead bought a couple of younger players with the view of planning ahead in mind (Tchouameni for example). 

What I hope from this summer onward is players are bought for Tuchel. I'm not saying Tuchel has the only say on transfers, there still needs to be a joined up approach, but players need buying that will fit his style and philosophy and he actually is happy to add them to his squad. We need to start building a team to sync together properly. If Tuchel didn't work out or moved on, then we bring in a manager that shares similar ideals who would be able to work effectively with the squad at their disposal. 

When Pep and Klopp do eventually move on, I fully expect City and Liverpool to bring in a manager that is similar to both and can continue the philosophy at the club's because they've been proven that they work. 

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Just to refute your point slightly - Mangala, Danilo, Torres and Grealish could become part of that list too.

If you spend as much as them, it's bound to work out eventually. 

Think Grealish will turn out well. Expect him to be much better to start next season.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

United fans are losing their minds because apparently some super reliable source says they’re getting Frenkie De Jong for €80m.

Why should they be losing their minds though?

I mean reallly. Ok. He hasn’t been great at Barca (who has really been consistent though in arguably one of the worst Barcelona sides of the last 15 years though?) but he’s only 24, his ability and potential is still there, he’s rarely injured and he’s the sort of player who could inject some impetus and ability to progress the ball forward into a mediocre midfield.

I would imagine Erik ten Hag will be delighted to get someone of his profile in if true. I’d be shocked if he struggled at United if this move goes through, United lack someone of that ilk and someone with that skillset. And if ten Hag is to implement his style, this makes sense. But Utd fans are Utd fans… 

I guess it will be like opposition fans thinking we signed a ‘Barca reject’ in Cesc. Barcelona letting him go is also mainly financially driven. Definitely not to do with his ability. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why should they be losing their minds though?

I mean reallly. Ok. He hasn’t been great at Barca (who has really been consistent though in arguably one of the worst Barcelona sides of the last 15 years though?) but he’s only 24, his ability and potential is still there, he’s rarely injured and he’s the sort of player who could inject some impetus and ability to progress the ball forward into a mediocre midfield.

I would imagine Erik ten Hag will be delighted to get someone of his profile in if true. I’d be shocked if he struggled at United if this move goes through, United lack someone of that ilk and someone with that skillset. And if ten Hag is to implement his style, this makes sense. But Utd fans are Utd fans… 

I guess it will be like opposition fans thinking we signed a ‘Barca reject’ in Cesc. Barcelona letting him go is also mainly financially driven. Definitely not to do with his ability. 

I wasn’t saying it in a negative way. I meant that they’re all incredibly excited.

Get the feeling that United are going to be spending ludicrous money this summer. So I hope our targets and theirs are different because they’ll probably blow any offers we make out of the water. They’ll be desperate to not get left behind and will want to give ten Hag everything he needs to hit the ground running.

After they get De Jong I’d imagine they’ll also target another midfielder. De Jong to replace Pogba and a proper, young DM to replace Matic. If they go head to head with us for either Rice or Tchouameni we could be in trouble.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I wasn’t saying it in a negative way. I meant that they’re all incredibly excited.

Get the feeling that United are going to be spending ludicrous money this summer. So I hope our targets and theirs are different because they’ll probably blow any offers we make out of the water. They’ll be desperate to not get left behind and will want to give ten Hag everything he needs to hit the ground running.

After they get De Jong I’d imagine they’ll also target another midfielder. De Jong to replace Pogba and a proper, young DM to replace Matic. If they go head to head with us for either Rice or Tchouameni we could be in trouble.

I think top players are a little weary of them being so far off top 4 and this rebuild they are going to start. It could mean top players without Champion League for several years if they sign right now. They will get a few, but several will decide Champions League is more important.

God listening to Micah is cringe worthy, how City manage their transfers by beating everyone to Haaland for only £51m... forgets to mention the insane money package associated.