Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

This sort of thing should be clear cut - we either inserted a recall clause in the loan or not. Lyon shouldn't have a say at all.

It is. We do not have recall but we still try to convince them.

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

It is. We do not have recall but we still try to convince them.

I thought as much. We shouldn't have approached them as it's clear cut. Hopefully, the club will learn from this.

Edited by LAM09

There is a verbal agreement between Atletico and Zeki Celik's representative since last summer. Lille now asks for between €15m - €20m. Celik is the most concrete option to replace Trippier, but Atletico continues to watch the market to analyze everything and choose well.

Edited by Blues Forever

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

This sort of thing should be clear cut - we either inserted a recall clause in the loan or not. Lyon shouldn't have a say at all.

We obviously haven't, thats why they have been able to refuse the recall.  I'd imagine they paid a loan fee and there may also be some sort of idea of what it'd take to buy him should they wish, although not an "official" buy option.  And thats why they've refused, along with the fact he is doing well.

Next step will possibly be to try recall Maatsen, but we may run into same issue.  Plus, his development may be better staying at Coventry.  It's why i kinda expect the Digne deal to happen if its a loan with option to buy... not so sure of a permanent deal happening.  Although id be happy with it

Edited by ChelseaFanUK

21 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Based on this report it is clear cut. Obviously there is no automatic recall clause. As you say, Lyon would not have a veto if there was.

It's probably not so surprising that we were unable to negotiate the inclusion of a recall clause. Our position in those negotiations can't have been very strong 

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Adama at Spuds under Conte as a wingback could be scary. As a fan of his I hope it doesn’t happen.

And I hope we’re having a look if he’s available and willing to play that wingback role. He may be a shit finisher as an attacking player but he’s almost totally unplayable in space out wide and can beat a defender and slap in crosses at will.

He could be a serious weapon in our team with the amount of space our wingbacks get.