The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

5 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Except for Game 4, a really well fought series. 

Murphy's law was applicable to GSW. Nightmare after nightmare scenarios for them. KD gets re-injured after 10-12 mins of play, a red hot Klay (30 points in 2.5 quarters) gets injured with gsw really fighting it out and on ascendancy. I mean, i dont think things could have gone any worse for them. Really happy with Iggy though. My guy always fighting it out.

Kudos to raptors and Kwahi. Deserved it. Had a hard play-off series against philly, then bucks. Just kept on going and going.

This off-season will be super-interesting though. Some of the names on the free agencies are just mouth watering. Durant, kwahi, irving, walker, klay (though i feel he will sign), porzingis, cousins, butler, tobias harris, khris middleton, randle, lopez. 

Will be interesting to see who goes where. Specially KD's decision will be a decider in every way.

Klay and KD injuries really hurt the Warriors chances against the Raptors, KD was rushed too soon back from injury and Klay was on fire today until his knee injury, very unfortunate and it definitely changed the game, Curry was very poor by his standards, credit to the Raptors defense. Warriors deserve a lot of credit for fighting until the end and push this series to 6 games, i believe the Raptors wouldnt have stood a chance against a fully healthy Warriors team, but many congrats to them for their 1st championship, Kawhi was immense and a deserved finals MVP, Lowry, Van Fleet, Green, Ibaka, Siakam, etc really played big games. Cheers

On 6/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, 1905didierblue said:

I am a clippers fan so fuck lakers. :middlefinger: :D

But ya, will be interesting. They have a lot of firepower. Kuzma, james, rondo, davis. 

Clippers have space for 2 maxed out contracts. I just hope that they somehow land kwahi (doc has publicly said it). Irrespective, its a good, young roster, a couple of good additions can do wonders.

Haha I dont have a fav team in NBA, but bacl in the day I was cheering for SA when they had Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Since then I just enjoy watching games, but the quality has gone down IMO. The defending has become a joke and now everyone wants to shoot 50points per game. 

We do have rising star Doncic in the NBA though, Ill be a fan of whoever he plays for :D

32 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Haha I dont have a fav team in NBA, but bacl in the day I was cheering for SA when they had Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. Since then I just enjoy watching games, but the quality has gone down IMO. The defending has become a joke and now everyone wants to shoot 50points per game. 

We do have rising star Doncic in the NBA though, Ill be a fan of whoever he plays for :D

who will win Rookie of the year in your opinion? Luka Doncic or Trae Young?

23 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

who will win Rookie of the year in your opinion? Luka Doncic or Trae Young?

IMO Luka. Trae had strong 2019, but Luka was strong all season minus that poor short run. I might be biased abit, but I think thats how it will actualy pan out. Nba loves Luka too, so there wont be any voting bias about Trae being american either.

Drake is celebrating the Raptors’ win with two new tracks. 

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/drake-omerta-money-grave-listen/

As promised, Drake released two new songs celebrating the Toronto Raptors’ win in the 2019 NBA Finals. The songs, collectively referred to as The Best in the World Pack, are called “Omertà” and “Money in the Grave.”

“Omertà” sends a message to the rapper’s haters with lines such as “That’s how we continue down the path of Jordan and Jackson / That’s some insight for y’all even if no one’s asking.”

“Money in the Grave,” featuring Rick Ross, speaks to how people try to cash in on their fame. Drake raps, “In the next life, I’m tryna stay paid / When I die, put my money in the grave.” Listen to both tracks below.

Image result for Money In The Grave

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

@Sideshow Luiz congrats for the NBA Championship mate :) i know you are a raptors fan. Cheers

Cheers, man.  It's been a great ride.  I lost my shit when that 4 bouncer went in agains the 6ers.  Had some doubts down 2 to Milwaukee.  The finals had shades of 2012, it just felt like the stars were aligning for us.

Davis traded to Lakers for Ingram, Ball and Hart plus 3 first round picks. Pelicans win this trade, LA future looks murky. But it also makes sense for LA who has aging Lebron and they have to build a team quickly. Who will be next?

53 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Davis traded to Lakers for Ingram, Ball and Hart plus 3 first round picks. Pelicans win this trade, LA future looks murky. But it also makes sense for LA who has aging Lebron and they have to build a team quickly. Who will be next?

Kemba walker. They are going all out for the ring. 

10 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Kemba walker. They are going all out for the ring. 

with Klay and KD needing to recover from their long term injuries, its safe to say the Warriors won't be able to challenge next season, so maybe the Lakers will feel its their best chance to go all in for the ring in the short term, mainly because of Lebron.

11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

The Pelicans win this trade hands down, they get 3 young and talented players with experience and they already have Zion, with three future 1st round picks, its clearly a bright future for the Pelicans. Lakers front office is clearly desperate to get a championship in the short term in detriment of developing a team for the future, because of Lebron's presence.

19 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

with Klay and KD needing to recover from their long term injuries, its safe to say the Warriors won't be able to challenge next season, so maybe the Lakers will feel its their best chance to go all in for the ring in the short term, mainly because of Lebron.

Gotta feel for gsw. Not just that they wont challenge next season, IF they actually keep both KD and Klay, with the wage cap eating them alive, I dont think they will get into play offs. 

Hard to see Rockets, Nuggets, OKC, PTB, Lakers, Clippers not make it into play offs with the quality and the depth that they will have in their rosters. Spurs and Jazz are almost always there. It would literally be down to curry and green to stay fit and win GSW around 50 games, then klay and kd can join in some time in the play off season and make a push. But man, I seriously feel they might not even get to play offs.

2 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Gotta feel for gsw. Not just that they wont challenge next season, IF they actually keep both KD and Klay, with the wage cap eating them alive, I dont think they will get into play offs. 

Hard to see Rockets, Nuggets, OKC, PTB, Lakers, Clippers not make it into play offs with the quality and the depth that they will have in their rosters. Spurs and Jazz are almost always there. It would literally be down to curry and green to stay fit and win GSW around 50 games, then klay and kd can join in some time in the play off season and make a push. But man, I seriously feel they might not even get to play offs.

they were hit really hard with injuries this postseason, it just made it a lot easier for the Raptors to clinch it, very unlucky indeed for the Warriors, but 5 straight final appearences can take its toll on the players.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

World Cup in basketball started yesterday. @Iggy Doonican must be thrilled :D

Anyway everyone is expecting us and USA in the final. They came without all the best players so I think we have some chance. 

I am mate :). I'm going to be wearing a big stetson, eating corn dogs and grits (whatever the fuck they are) and drinking poison or as it's better known as Dr Pepper. I must admit I didn't know Serbia played basketball.

• 1 month later...