The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

james is shooting like 24% outside of paint, or mid-range to 3pt shots. thats awful. gsw can live with that. on the other hand they can't defend him when he goes to the rim. it's either two points or a foul. if they double-team him he will send a perfect pass to his shooters and thats a three pointer. gsw knows that and they just let him do his thing and hope that other players don't made a lot of threes. scoring 40 pts from 30 field goals and ~12 free throws is not something special.

Curry is the one who is killing gsw.

In the most important playoffs, he's become an ordinary shooter all of a sudden, missing contested shots he used to score easily and missing lots of open shots too. I don't know if their coach will change their tactics because of this curry form or they stick with it and hope he gets better. Someone showed me a statistic that says his numbers have dropped from 50% field goal to 38% field goal percentage and also dropped from 40% 3pts made to 38% 3pts percentage since he collided with Trevor Ariza in the rockets game. It's only in the fourth quarter of game 3 that he finally woke up.

James can't be checked easily. It's almost impossible now since he's added a post game.

Golden state is doing as good of a job you could possibly do on him. Iggy has been exceptional this series.

What I don't get it, this dude adds an elite post game to his arsenal so late in his career and so quickly. While guys like Dwight still can't do shit in the post.

Cavs are like Chelsea during the 2012 champions league campaign. Except they're even outplaying their opponents. I can't think of the last time anything like this has ever happened. Anyways it's still too soon. Golden state still very much in this. Can't count em out. They could easily win 3 straight.

James can't be checked easily. It's almost impossible now since he's added a post game.

Golden state is doing as good of a job you could possibly do on him. Iggy has been exceptional this series.

What I don't get it, this dude adds an elite post game to his arsenal so late in his career and so quickly. While guys like Dwight still can't do shit in the post.

Cavs are like Chelsea during the 2012 champions league campaign. Except they're even outplaying their opponents. I can't think of the last time anything like this has ever happened. Anyways it's still too soon. Golden state still very much in this. Can't count em out. They could easily win 3 straight.

They are doing nothing to him, as good as they can do? Not even close. This all comes down to Steve Kerr, imo. They are letting James walk the ball up court, and then walk his man into the paint and by that point it's game over. They need to do more against him, they are doing nothing. Barnes has been god awful even though the Cavs were begging him to beat them, Green hasn't done much.

For me, Lee should play more, despite being a defensive liability, even if Green has to play with him, he needs to play. He's the only guy willing to attack the basket and is a walking double-double.

Cleveland is just too tough physically for GSW. They're throwing bodies at them and are fighting like their lives depend on it, GSW isn't showing the same intensity. It's far from over though, Steph Curry can explode at any time, and if he does he can win a game. Next game is a must win though.

Golden state is also lacking an actual PG. Curry can get his assists, but he's actually pretty overrated as an actual playmaker.

They are doing nothing to him, as good as they can do? Not even close. This all comes down to Steve Kerr, imo. They are letting James walk the ball up court, and then walk his man into the paint and by that point it's game over. They need to do more against him, they are doing nothing. Barnes has been god awful even though the Cavs were begging him to beat them, Green hasn't done much.

For me, Lee should play more, despite being a defensive liability, even if Green has to play with him, he needs to play. He's the only guy willing to attack the basket and is a walking double-double.

Cleveland is just too tough physically for GSW. They're throwing bodies at them and are fighting like their lives depend on it, GSW isn't showing the same intensity. It's far from over though, Steph Curry can explode at any time, and if he does he can win a game. Next game is a must win though.

What could they do though? You want them to start picking up Lebron full court? He's taking 16 seconds to get into the offense as it is so that won't be a problem. He's intentionaly slowing down the game. You put a smaller guy on him, he'll post up, put a bigger guy on him, he'll just blow by him. You double him and he'll find the open man. As good as he's been, and as easy it has looked, believe it or not, Warriors are doing a pretty good job on him overall. He's just an all-time great, you can't stop him. Just gotta make it as tough for him as possible Igoudala is doing that imo.

The only adjustment I'd make is probably just start Iggy and match him minute by minute with Lebron.

What could they do though? You want them to start picking up Lebron full court? He's taking 16 seconds to get into the offense as it is so that won't be a problem. He's intentionaly slowing down the game. You put a smaller guy on him, he'll post up, put a bigger guy on him, he'll just blow by him. You double him and he'll find the open man. As good as he's been, and as easy it has looked, believe it or not, Warriors are doing a pretty good job on him overall. He's just an all-time great, you can't stop him. Just gotta make it as tough for him as possible Igoudala is doing that imo.

The only adjustment I'd make is probably just start Iggy and match him minute by minute with Lebron.

Yes, they need to speed up the game. They can't play at that pace, GSW. They could do much better, other teams have. Dallas and SA come to mind.

Iggy needs to be on him all game imo. Or switch it, Barnes-Thompson-Iggy-Green. That's what SA did last year and it worked well when they had Diaw-Green-Leonard.

Curry is the one who is killing gsw.

In the most important playoffs, he's become an ordinary shooter all of a sudden, missing contested shots he used to score easily and missing lots of open shots too. I don't know if their coach will change their tactics because of this curry form or they stick with it and hope he gets better. Someone showed me a statistic that says his numbers have dropped from 50% field goal to 38% field goal percentage and also dropped from 40% 3pts made to 38% 3pts percentage since he collided with Trevor Ariza in the rockets game. It's only in the fourth quarter of game 3 that he finally woke up.

it's the dellavedova effect xd. at times it's full with illegal defense but who cares. refs don't give a shit.

work ethic and raw talent. howard is a joke.

Golden state is also lacking an actual PG. Curry can get his assists, but he's actually pretty overrated as an actual playmaker.

i don't think that matters to much. bogut, igoudala and green are all good passers. if you add curry it's pretty good. they averaged for like 30 assists/g. they just strugle in this series because blatt and the cavs fucked their ball movement.

if you look up the iso stats for james in this season or playoff. you will know why are the letting him.

i guess lee will play maybe 20 minutes. his a good pick-and-roll player and can sometimes pass the ball for outside players if the defenders close on him.

+1

he can always score 40,50 but the question is from how many fga.

Curry needs to step up x5

Klay has been indifferent the entire playoffs. Green and Barnes are struggling and Bogut is satisfied with getting 0 points every game.

Curry needs to do a LeBron and take responsibility for the entire team.

God Cavs NEED to win this tonight, if they don't this series is right back in GSW hands...

I agree JR Smith needs another 25pt performance, like right now. He's been absent these Finals. Damn i hope LBJ pulls this off, i really do.

I wanted Cavs to win the finals, but never really thought they had a chance so I wasn't that excited about the series. But now, I really really want LeBron to win. Huge game tonight! Cavs need to win this!

Looking forward to see the adjustments Warriors will make. They stumbled upon something with Lee last game so it'd be interesting to see if Cavs can anticipate Warriors lineup/matchup/play adjustments and counter them right away. If not, they will probably lose tonight. Blatt and his coaching staff need to be on top of their game tonight.

james is shooting like 24% outside of paint, or mid-range to 3pt shots. thats awful. gsw can live with that. on the other hand they can't defend him when he goes to the rim. it's either two points or a foul. if they double-team him he will send a perfect pass to his shooters and thats a three pointer. gsw knows that and they just let him do his thing and hope that other players don't made a lot of threes. scoring 40 pts from 30 field goals and ~12 free throws is not something special.

The problem is not about defending Lebron. As great as lebron is (He is imo the best player in NBA), Cavs defence has been the key so far and also GSW struggle big time on offence.

Cavs is doing a really good job by playing ugly Basketball (Iso ball with lebron which slow down the tempo of the game), and GSW half court execution is suprisingly bad.

Imo David lee will play more I think in game 4, because although defensively he is torrid but GSW does not need defense, they need more offence (plus mozgov and thompson are not good scorers anyway)