The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Mike Brown finally out, he was turning LAL into a joke....Please, please Jim Buss get Big Phil back..The triangle offense would fit perfectly with D12 and Nash, Kobe n Gasol have won rings with it...Please Jim don't be stupid again, like that one time you didn't care about what Kobe thinks and you brought in Brown over keeping Brian Shaw that would have continued the triangle offense with an healthy Bynum last year...How did that turn out? Yeah Jim you got us no rings like your pops...Mitch please talk some sense into him so he crawls up to Montana and get the Zen master on a private jet to Staples center...

WE WANT PHIL...WE WANT PHIL...WE LOVE YOU PHIL...WE MISS YOU PHIL...PLEASE COMEBACK HOME ZEN MASTER!!!...

Ha! Miller has been an underrated player for a long time but that's pretty rare!

Yeah, he's already in the Top 10 of All Time Assists and only missed 7 games or so during his whole career. And damn, he's been playing in the NBA for 13 years! :o

He's also probably the best lob-passer around nowadays. The accuracy of those passes is unbelievable. Check out this video if you haven't seen it yet. Happened just a couple of days ago.

Edit: Why doesn't it embed my videos?!

• 2 weeks later...

Spurs have been fined for resting their star players. Anyone heard of this?

Wojnarowski wrote a nice article on this topic.

And yet, once more, Stern's tossed a temper tantrum that left everyone around him embarrassed, humiliated and wondering why he insisted on staying until February of 2014. All these years, Stern and his underlings privately complained and moaned that no one wanted to watch the Spurs, that they destroyed his TV ratings, that they were uninteresting, unappealing and impossible to market to the masses.

And now, this act of condemnation for Popovich – which resulted in a $250,000 fine for San Antonio handed down by the league office Friday evening – would be bathed in the ultimate of twisted irony: Without the Spurs' stars, Stern was selling that the NBA logo had been desecrated, that a public trust had been betrayed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--david-stern-stumbles-again-in-his-failed-culture-war-against-the-spurs-194828970.html

Spurs have been fined for resting their star players. Anyone heard of this?

It pisses me off. The coach has to decide what's best for his team and coaches are always resting their players, especially ageing players like San Antonio has. Stern likes to rule with an iron fist, but this is ridiculous. Coaches will now be forced to play all their players? Resting players is not allowed because the game is on TV?

It pisses me off. The coach has to decide what's best for his team and coaches are always resting their players, especially ageing players like San Antonio has. Stern likes to rule with an iron fist, but this is ridiculous. Coaches will now be forced to play all their players? Resting players is not allowed because the game is on TV?

Yeah defo.

What's really ridiculous about this whole story is the fact that there's actually no rule that forbids which player you have to use and which not. Stern acted on his own and didn't follow the exact rules of the NBA, but whatever.

When you consider that the Spurs were playing the last game of their 5-days and 4-games road trip you just have to shake your head! I mean, what's the point of having 15 players on your roster if you have to play 4 or 5 of them permanently? It was the right decision by Pop and a bitch move by Stern.

• 4 weeks later...

I was pretty amused by the fact a couple of people compared Prokhrov (Brooklyn Nets owner) to Abramovich today because Prokhrov fired the Nets coach.

Obviously the superficial comparison is that they're both russian billionaires with mysterious backgrounds and have no patience for losing haha.

The thing is that Prokhrov proabably could do with the Nets what Abramovich did with Chelsea except for the pesky thing known as a salary cap.

• 3 weeks later...
I was pretty amused by the fact a couple of people compared Prokhrov (Brooklyn Nets owner) to Abramovich today because Prokhrov fired the Nets coach.

Obviously the superficial comparison is that they're both russian billionaires with mysterious backgrounds and have no patience for losing haha.

The thing is that Prokhrov proabably could do with the Nets what Abramovich did with Chelsea except for the pesky thing known as a salary cap.

Luxury tax like LA Lakers if they want but they doesn't want that i think. And Avery Johnson wasn't good coach.

What is interesting in NBA is that Lakers suck dick a lot and it will be hard for them to make playoffs. I'm happy, OKC beat them good :D

Use to love baskletball as a kid when Space Jam came out and I had NBA jam on the SNES. The Scottie Pippin & Horace Grant combo (Chicago Bulls) was classic. Then I just simply forgot all about basketball without being able to watch it on T.V. I have never had ESPN so it's not been something I can follow but the other day I was sure that SSN reported, NBA was arriving on the Sky Sport channels soon. Does anybody know anything about this and if so, what's the dealio yo?