The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

I agree with him being the worst of the three but I don't think we'll get him either, can see New York matching the offer. We lost Camby today as well and it looks as if the Bulls are going to match our offer for Asik, not to mention talk of K-Mart and Scola being shopped around. Only shining light will be Donatas Motiejunas, and hopefully our picks deliver.

Chicago would be stupid to match the offer for Asik, as are the Rockets to have even given him such a contract!

You should be excited about Royce White, the kid is a poor man's LBJ, which isn't that bad I think...

I despise the Lakers because of Kobe. I think he's a despicable and phony person. Amazing player, he has his flaws but I don't like him. Just cause of him I'll have to cheer against Nash now even though he's one of my favourite players.

I despise the Lakers too (Kings fan), but Kobe is a basketball god; there simply is no one better.

Lebron is physically strong and fast which makes him impossible to man-mark. But what Cobe does on almost a daily basis is magic. I honestly believe Cobe is in a class of his own.

If there's a player who is in his own class then it has to be LeBron. There's no other player around in the NBA who offers you so many different qualities. I expect him to become just better after he won his first ring, because there's less pressure on his shoulders now which seemed to hinder him in the past.

Lebron is better and the best in the NBA. Ridiculous to think otherwise.

This. LeBron is the best player in the NBA right now by a long distance and is one of the best all round players the game has ever seen. Kobe Bryant doesn't even come close in my opinion.

I was happy for him that he won his first title because the criticism was becoming too much and people were starting to believe the nonsense.

NBA ready to put ads on jerseys!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/48130/coming-soon-ads-on-nba-jerseys

I'm a little dissapointed they're doing this but I guess there are worse things than a 2x2 patch. When I first got into football (soccer) I was appalled the team badge was so small and the sponsor's name was so huge. But I guess I'm use to it by now.

I also don't understand why kits have to be either blank on the front or have a sponsor. Like before kit sponsorships took place, pre 1970s, why not have team names on the front like basketball does? I see the pics of old kits and all the blank space just feels weird.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NBA is back :D Anyone been watching?

Rockets acquiring Harden, then he goes and scores 37 on his debut. Hopefully a good playoff run this season for the Rockets.

Their back-court looks good and Asik might be a solid centre, but they lack depth. Really, it's going to be Miami, Oklahoma City, or the Lakers to win it (I won't ever count out San Antonion though). The West is much deeper than the East so making the playoffs might even be hard for the Rockets. Lakers will eventually figure things out and be top team. Thunder will be a top team as will Spurs. This means that teams like Portland, Denver, Clippers, Dallas, Memphis, and Houston will fight it out for positioning and a playoff spot. Looking forward to the season.

hope the Bulls can stay injury free ... injuries to top men ruined chances last year

Rose probably won't feature at all this season: http://chicago.sbnat...njury-no-target

My team, the Kings, are probably not getting anywhere near the play offs, so I'm hoping for anyone except the Lakers.