The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

They wouldn't have won regardless, their team needs a lot of rebuilding, it doesn't just stop at KG.

I was rooting for them but they only won tonight because JR Smith was suspended and Melo had an off day. Should've been a sweep IMO.

No, of course not.

However, if they traded away KG they would've received picks and prospects which could've turned out pretty well in the long-run.

No, of course not.

However, if they traded away KG they would've received picks and prospects which could've turned out pretty well in the long-run.

Yeah I agree. Boston's got a long way to go though, they really need to rebuild that team. I'd get rid of both KG and The Truth and use the cap space to build a good team for the future.

Im an OKC fan (for the record)

But damn, Los Angeles Lakers are gonna have a long-ass offseason. What to do what to do? You got an aging Kobe bryant and Nash,, and deciding weather or not to keep Pau Gasol not to mention that Dwight Howard can just walk at the end of the year. Jim Bus has to be the man to blame here, because if he had gotten rid of his pride and hired back the Zen master (Phil Jackson) i assure you Lakers would have been in a much much better position then they are right now. But hey, its Hollywood, that would have made it a boring season hahahaha

Now to my OKC, im heat-broken. The fact we lost Westbrook has me believe that SPurs will meet the Heat in the finals (you heard it here first). Im not even sure how they'll pass LAC/Grizzles next round as with LAC CP3 could have a field day on reggie jackson, and Grizzles can stifle KD and put the ball in his team-mates hands for pretty much the entire series. This has been an injury ridden NBA season especially to PGs in Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, Curry (though he came back)

Could the heat have had it any easier?? Honestly?

I still can't believe the Celtics didn't trade Garnett at the deadline. A smart FO would've thought about trading their old guard after the team's best player got injured...

Was it worth getting kicked out by the Knicks in the first round?

That's what baffled everyone here, was why they didn't get younger?

If you watched the series you saw Daddy-time catch up with Paul Pierce and KG fast, they looked and played slow throughout (except maybe today).

Besides Rondo, Bradley and Jeff Green, Celtics have nobody for the future. In fact, they should have traded Ray Allen last year when they had the chance to get at least a return for one of the big three. Also,, i was reading that Doc rivers may just take pull a guardiola and take the year off if KG and Paul Pierce decide to call it quits.

It's the Heats to lose for sure, but Spurs have a chance to upset them though. Real shame about Russell though, he's a joy to watch.

Oh yeah, the Spurs are badddd news, but Lebron cannot, and i mean cannot lose regardless of who he faces in the finals. He aready has a 1-2 record in the finals and although the first one with cavs was where he single-handedly carried them there (it can be excused) that loss to the Mavs was a real dark blip on his legacy. He cannot afford to lose to whoever he faces this year, or even next year.

If Rose wasnt such a pussy (he should be on the court by now, he is just afraid for no reason), Bulls would win it all...

About Celtics age debate, I dont see a problem with Doc Rivers trying to keep their stars. Yes, they arent good enough anymore and not worth the amount they are geting paid. However, arent we the same asking for Lampard, Cole and Terry to sign a contract extension? I bet their fans are happy with how Boston are treating their legends!

Now onto Lebron. He either wins it all this year in incredible fashion (just like last year) or people will start saying that it was a one year thing and he returned to fade in big moments, etc. His legacy is at stake here. He really needs a three-peat or something to justify the "Not 1, not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc" comment he made at his welcome party in Miami.

You know who told you first.

The last team to pull a no-superstar championship winning team was arguably Detroit Pistons back in 2004,, but even then Chauncy was starting to get perceived as a real force at PG position. I have nothing against Denver but there's something about george karl that always has me to believe he will always come up short. Like he was destined to just not win an NBA championship which is a shame for one of the great Head coaches the league has ever seen,, but boy Steph Curry is doing WORK against you guys hahaha and he's playing with a bum ankle!

You know who told you first.

They're really getting whipped by the dubs here, even though David Lee's missing. I don't really like their team either lol.

If Rose wasnt such a pussy (he should be on the court by now, he is just afraid for no reason), Bulls would win it all...

About Celtics age debate, I dont see a problem with Doc Rivers trying to keep their stars. Yes, they arent good enough anymore and not worth the amount they are geting paid. However, arent we the same asking for Lampard, Cole and Terry to sign a contract extension? I bet their fans are happy with how Boston are treating their legends!.

I think Rose is making the best decision for his career. It'd be such a shame to see a talent like Rose being wasted because he got rushed to return. Bulls are better off without him this season in my opinion.

And you can't really compare us wanting to keep JT, Lamps and Ash to Boston keeping KG and The Truth, simply because in basketball you can't really keep 2/3 players/legends on high wages especially as starters, it's too much of a waste. Boston are much better off without KG and The Truth IMO. For us, we can do without Lampard/Terry/Cole because we have other players who step up to the pedestal whereas Boston still look for KG and Pierce to produce for them which is why they've failed horribly this year.

About Celtics age debate, I dont see a problem with Doc Rivers trying to keep their stars. Yes, they arent good enough anymore and not worth the amount they are geting paid. However, arent we the same asking for Lampard, Cole and Terry to sign a contract extension? I bet their fans are happy with how Boston are treating their legends!

Now onto Lebron. He either wins it all this year in incredible fashion (just like last year) or people will start saying that it was a one year thing and he returned to fade in big moments, etc. His legacy is at stake here. He really needs a three-peat or something to justify the "Not 1, not 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc" comment he made at his welcome party in Miami.

--First off i kind of agree with Rose sitting out. he's only 23, whats the rush? why come back and disrupt the momentum the team has built ALL throughout the season? Its not given that he comes back and their chemistry is all good,, its gonna take games and games to figure out which you just can't do in the playoffs.

--But its different (EPL and NBA). In NBA they can't just buy replacements, everything involves trading a player or a pick and the Celtics cant give up picks because their always picking late in the first round due to making deep playoff runs making their draft picks useless. So all they can due is trade players and if they want a good player in return they should have traded one of the Big 3 when they had the chance. However in CFC's case we can just buy out right backups for Cole, Lampard and JT no problem. But in a sentimental case i get your argument in treating legends with utmost respect.

--Agree! B)

I think Rose is making the best decision for his career. It'd be such a shame to see a talent like Rose being wasted because he got rushed to return. Bulls are better off without him this season in my opinion.

And you can't really compare us wanting to keep JT, Lamps and Ash to Boston keeping KG and The Truth, simply because in basketball you can't really keep 2/3 players/legends on high wages especially as starters, it's too much of a waste. Boston are much better off without KG and The Truth IMO. For us, we can do without Lampard/Terry/Cole because we have other players who step up to the pedestal whereas Boston still look for KG and Pierce to produce for them which is why they've failed horribly this year.

Rose has been practicing full time for 2 whole months already. He would be anything but rushing. He is just afraid of playing...

I know all of this and I agree. I was just saying how different they handle and respect their stars (exactly what we ask), yet we are still complaining. If that makes sense at all!

Rose has been practicing full time for 2 whole months already. He would be anything but rushing. He is just afraid of playing...

If they were going to bring him back it should've been in the regular season because obviously it'll take Rose a couple of games to get going. He's not mentally there so there really isn't any point and IMO he's doing what's best for his career and for the Bulls in the future. Even if Rose came back, I don't think it'll be enough for them to even get to the finals.

The last team to pull a no-superstar championship winning team was arguably Detroit Pistons back in 2004,, but even then Chauncy was starting to get perceived as a real force at PG position. I have nothing against Denver but there's something about george karl that always has me to believe he will always come up short. Like he was destined to just not win an NBA championship which is a shame for one of the great Head coaches the league has ever seen,, but boy Steph Curry is doing WORK against you guys hahaha and he's playing with a bum ankle!

Karl doesn't make any adjustments. At all.

This BS talk about teamness blah blah blah is something that has been pissing me off the whole season. Yes, team-basketball is the best way to play basketball but you know what George? YOU NEED THE RIGHT PLAYERS TO DO SO. Has there ever been a worse shooting-team than the current Nuggets? I don't think so. You know who's being labelled a shooter on the Nuggets roster? COREY BREWER. Yes, you're right. The guy who's been shooting about 30 percent from deep in his career.

Plus Denver has no center. JaVale's an idiot, Koufos has completely disappeared and Mozgov is a stiff. So Karl decided to play WILSON CHANDLER (a small forward) at the 5.

Gallo's been the star on this team and yet they haven't committed to him in the appropriate way because it's about "teamness". Funny thing is, now that Gallo is out, it's being highlighted perfectly what the team's missing without Gallo. Smh.

If they were going to bring him back it should've been in the regular season because obviously it'll take Rose a couple of games to get going. He's not mentally there so there really isn't any point and IMO he's doing what's best for his career and for the Bulls in the future. Even if Rose came back, I don't think it'll be enough for them to even get to the finals.

Oh, I dont want him back now. The time has past, just wait for next season now!

I wanted him in the last 3-4-5 games of the regular season so he could get playing rhythm and be 100% ready for the play-offs. He is the leader of this team and with so many weak and injured teams in the NBA this year (no LAL, OKC, Celtics, etc), he had more than an obligation to think about his teammates other than only about himself (specially after what his brother said).

Basketball is a team sport and Chicago proved they are capable enough of beating anyone in their days, all they lack is a star. D Rose should have stepped up and said, "hey guys, we will do this together"...

Oh, I dont want him back now. The time has past, just wait for next season now!

I wanted him in the last 3-4-5 games of the regular season so he could get playing rhythm and be 100% ready for the play-offs. He is the leader of this team and with so many weak and injured teams in the NBA this year (no LAL, OKC, Celtics, etc), he had more than an obligation to think about his teammates other than only about himself (specially after what his brother said).

Basketball is a team sport and Chicago proved they are capable enough of beating anyone in their days, all they lack is a star. D Rose should have stepped up and said, "hey guys, we will do this together"...

Yeah you're right to a certain extent, but I've got an interesting article here for you. It sums up my opinion on it nicely.