Wigan 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

was very dissapointed with the pace of the game yesterday, almost walking pace for an hour. Ive said it countless times but when avb changes or has to change a side he does it wrong in my opinion. Despite wether someone better then the next player it has to have balance. Romeu, lampard and merieles all want to recieve the ball deep and look around for a pass. Hence the reason there was no pace to the game. Mata should of started in the middle and we should of started a quicker more mobile forward.

You often hear forwards say that the best movement can be standing still sometimes. Well thats similar to drogbas good performances. In big games when its really fast paced drogba becomes effective from standing firm upfront and playing as a target man occupying 2 defenders with his physicality. Yesterday we needed pace and movement as he had none in midfield. Thought torres was a banker half time sub. He must be playing awful in training to e getting as little minutes as he has done. 10 men city i thought gotta be torres, yesterday against wigan?

yesterdays draw was as depressing result as wed had as i thought we were making improvements, then we play like that. Really cant say i or any other fan could agree with taking mata, romeu and sturridge off, Whod agree with me in saying on current form theyv been our 3 best with ramires this season? For mikel (even less pace) kalou and malouda. When you make decisions like that you have to expect fans to get pissed off.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, not got a problem with losing or suffering through transition but yesterday was bad management. Glad hes got rid of anelka and alex cus they obviousley werent pulling in same direction. But malouda should be out to. So should torres or he should be used. If your not gonna play him in that game yesteday he shouldnt be at chelsea. Certainly no point putting him on the bench. A transition should be out with the old in with the new. Not out with the old in with some older ones who dont play as much. drogba plays torres watches, wheres the transition there? kalou and malouda come on, mceachran watches, lukaku doesnt make bench, bruma kakuta and van aanholt out on loan. Wheres the transition?

Absolute joke. I'm sorry but say all you want about have patience, new manger blah blah blah...it was a joke. We bet City during the week, we played class. Drogba was brilliant but last nights game he was poor and you could tell he wasn't going to get any better and yet hes left on the pitch. Don't start telling me, its a new manager, hes trying things out....quite frankly a 10 year old could see that Drogba was playing bad and would realise that he needed to be taken off. Ah here I can't even start talking about the subs or this post will never end. AVB bottled it and I never blame the manager but yesterday he really pissed me off.

Well Well well, contributors are clamouring for maturity on the comments. I am an avid Chelsea fan (I go by the slogan Chelsea-for-ever-Win-or-lose). The game against Wigan only further shows what Chelsea has to offer in this moment (ala Ancelotti). The Wigan goal came after so much pressure from Wigan, is Cech to blame?, NO! the rest of the team should be blamed for not obliterating Wigan's pressure. How about the forward line what did they do?, shouldn't they have put opposing pressure on Wigan to curtail there attacking forays?, but NO they didn't because they all lacked connectivity, by the end of the game we had a mimimun of 3 players that were minuses on the field (examples Mundane-Malooda / Calamity-Kalooo / Faded-Jaded-Drugssgba. Drogba should have been off the field from the first half. The way to win a game when you are not playing well and have a 1-0 lead is to make sure you have a PERMANENT back four and at least an extra defensive midfielder who will all park the bus in the Chelsea half. The rest of the bunch ie the frontliners (since they are all off-form) can just have the ball and be messing with it at least to claim possession and distract the opponents attacking forays, notice that i didn't say to go try get another goal, thats needless as the crop of players on the pitch then have all forgotten how to score. AVB you have to start being more tactical at least to be able to steal a win when your team is not playing well and you have advantage on your side. YESTERDAY against Wigan you threw away 2 vital points and you got luck not to have thrown away 3 points. AVB correct your errings IN THIS MOMENT, we all know you have a depleted squad but come January make sure to flush out un-needed players and introduce worthy replacements.

I agree, I'm getting really concerned about him, he constantly makes the wrong decisions, and i always hate his subs because they always end up wrong.

Every fucking weekend you are smartassing how he did this and that wrong. Then go and become a manger yourself if you are soo clever.

The season? granted both were poor yesterday but i think Meireles has been in general very good when called upon and Lampard had a good couple of months.

No, I meant the worst individual performances so far in the season... I'm not talking about their recent performances, just taking yesterday's into account

And I agree the squad is too small. I'm not blaming AVB's selection in that sense. Blaming the players themselves

Every fucking weekend you are smartassing how he did this and that wrong. Then go and become a manger yourself if you are soo clever.

Shut up you freak, and of course I'm analysing what he did wrong, I'm not allowed to do that?. AVB got just about everything wrong and has been most games, of we were winning games with little trouble as we should be, I wouldn't complain. So take your personal issue off me and stick me on ignore, simple.

Managers do get things wrong from time to time. AVB got it wrong against Wigan and Arsenal earlier this season. Against Man U though he got it spot on and had it not been for piss poor refereeing decisions and ramires and torres missing open goals we would have spanked them.

Also, what is the point of all this 'Bring on Torres' talk? A Drogba with 1 leg does better than a sulky disinterested Torres who everyone wants on the pitch because they have false hope that he will eventually do something miraculous

Like I said in the AVB thread, I'm not going to judge him until he has time to build what he wants to build. Then, after that, we can judge him objectively. Until then, I'm only going to judge the individual games with the knowledge that AVB can only work with what he's got.

I personally can't understand AVB out posts, even if he does come across poor at times. If we had of won 1-0 yesterday we'd probably all still be here voicing slight concerns with a few choices and poor performances, but nobody would feel aggrieved so we have to remember that.

Could be worse, could be Blackburn Rovers... or any team from 6th down.

Managers do get things wrong from time to time. AVB got it wrong against Wigan and Arsenal earlier this season. Against Man U though he got it spot on and had it not been for piss poor refereeing decisions and ramires and torres missing open goals we would have spanked them.

Also, what is the point of all this 'Bring on Torres' talk? A Drogba with 1 leg does better than a sulky disinterested Torres who everyone wants on the pitch because they have false hope that he will eventually do something miraculous

Because most people assume that Torres is going to be sticking around. Prior to Drogba's recent good run which ended yesterday, there wasn't much to choose between the two. Others, and myself, feel that Drogba should be played if he's performing better. But in games like yesterdays, if he's not, drag him off for Torres. Worst case scenario, Torres comes on, does nothing and we're no worse off and perhaps Drogba gets a well needed kick up the arse. Best, he comes on, gets some well needed game time, improves and starts toward getting back to his best.

Yet another game where we let in a late goal! The performance was alwful in parts and Wigan deserved a point,they looked more likely to score as the game went on...

Never mind beating the likes of City these are the sorts of games we have to win! And playing the way we did...what on earth went wrong?Seemed a different team...maybe less pressure?

Least we didnt loose....

Mata could have been moved into midfield with Kalou out wide.

This:

-----Romeu----

--m/l------Mata

Dan---------kalou

--------drog------

Is better than

---------mikel---

-Meireles---lampard

But Mata isn't as defensively responsible as Meireles (a player who has played DM for Portugal) or Lampard (a player who has played the vast majority of his career in a 4-3-3)

Some of the posts on here are shameful.

Granted its a poor result following a disappointing performance, but frankly I'm embarrassed to call myself a Chelsea fan when I read comments like I've seen this morning. There are some very spoilt fans on this forum! I'm all for everyone having their own opinions don't get me wrong, but some of these AVB-out posts are comedy gold :lol: Pathetic.

It is pathetic and is it any wonder the media have a laugh when our own bloody fans call for the managers head after only a few months in charge while we are undergoing a transitional period at the club.

2007 was when Drogba, Malouda and Kalou started playing together, 5 years ago!!!!!!!! And its still the same! :fainthv9: What is wrong with you AVB?!!! Change the frickin team!!!!!!!! And why are you helping out Man U? Beating Man City and then dropping points against Wigan?! :no:

He has got to sign wicked new players in January, don't wait till the summer!!! We don't want to get kicked out of the top 4. We better beat Tottenham, unfortunately this game will have given them a lot of hope! :/

Drogba, Malouda and Kalou. Who else is there to play? He started with Mata and Sturridge but Christmas is a busy period and you can't expect them to play every minute of every game, so if he does have to give those players a rest, who can he call on? Who else is there? Anelka is on his way out. Lukaku isn't ready and isn't a winger. Who else can he sub on except Malouda and Kalou? Those are his only options, that isn't his fault, that is the boards fault for not allowing any of our previous managers make significant and needed improvements to the squad and to be completely honest, with trigger happy fans like some of those on this topic who could blame the board when fans like ours are as disgruntled as they are.

Im not in the locker room listening in on the team talk but Im guessing AVB's team talk for Man City was "Hey guys, lets help Man Utd tonight and then when we play Wigan we will shoot ourselves in the foot." That is just an assumption however.

Summary of all these recent poor showing: It is not AVB, it is the squad. we hat only 15% players still worthy of reckoning, the rest??? SELL THEM OFF!!!! :541: and lets all drink to a new CFC in the new year :beer: