Wigan 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

I liked the Kalou substitution but the Malouda one was straight up ridiculous. This guy has come on as a sub a number of times this season and has never done well. I know the squad is thin but maybe he shouldn't have isolated Alex & Anelka and "banned" them from playing because with Ramires & Luiz injured, there just weren't any other options available on the bench. Still, I'd rather have seen Ferreira come on than Malouda

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pathetic and is it any wonder the media have a laugh when our own bloody fans call for the managers head after only a few months in charge while we are undergoing a transitional period at the club.

I'm not going to judge AVB as the 'man for our club or not' untill he gets the money and buys the players he thinks are right. And even then he might need some time for it to adapt, but we will still probably notice that it is going to work. However it could be like how City were last season, because we are in serious need of an overhaul. However the only think i'm getting concerned about are his decisions and subs, the highline he decides to play which is logic we shouldn't play it because we can't do it. And his subs are stupid, fair enough i know he has little choices and bad ones with our current. But he shouldn't of taken some of them off, such as Sturridge and Mata, the 3 points here were vital... and we didn't get them.

You're an idiot wanting torres to play, Torres can only play if you give him chances and make them 90 percent for him, drogba sits deep and works, we can't play him till we get a better team, a winger and a playmaker, because at the moment he will come on and run around like a headless chicken.

Thank you for calling me an idiot...

I think you're exaggerating saying we need a new team for Torres to play, he played well against Man united and Swansea. But i think we do need another player who can spot his runs, and put him through on goal.

All i was saying is that Drogba was poor yesterday, we should of kept on attacking and put Torres on. It was the perfect time, mainly because Wigan was looking for a goal, and that meant there was a lot space for our players to run into.

Now don't get me wrong, I know Torres has been playing poor, and that Drogba deservers to be playing ahead of him. I just felt yesterday we could of put him on, instead of letting him sit another game out.

Thank you for calling me an idiot...

I think you're exaggerating saying we need a new team for Torres to play, he played well against Man united and Swansea. But i think we do need another player who can spot his runs, and put him through on go.

All i was saying is that Drogba was poor yesterday, we should of kept on attacking and put Torres on. It was the perfect time, mainly because Wigan was looking for a goal, and that meant there was a lot space for our players to run into.

It wasn't a perfect time because there was no assistance, I've seen Torres play and he only ever links up with the team when they play well, and that's sometimes. Besides that he needs a team built around him. He should never of been bought in the first place, bad timing and bad decision, much more other options out there, but we are stuck with him. And it looks like instead of getting rid of him we are going to have to concentrate on him, and make him score goals. He will never fill that price tag, ever, but he might just be able to net over 20 goals a season. Where as Drogba can play poor i agree, and he probably doesn't even try, however he will work with the team and do something, Torres we may aswell be playing with 10 men, at least drogba can be an option to pass to on that pitch and expect him to hold the ball up and link with runs from players.

It wasn't a perfect time because there was no assistance, I've seen Torres play and he only ever links up with the team when they play well, and that's sometimes. Besides that he needs a team built around him. He should never of been bought in the first place, bad timing and bad decision, much more other options out there, but we are stuck with him. And it looks like instead of getting rid of him we are going to have to concentrate on him, and make him score goals. He will never fill that price tag, ever, but he might just be able to net over 20 goals a season. Where as Drogba can play poor i agree, and he probably doesn't even try, however he will work with the team and do something, Torres we may aswell be playing with 10 men, at least drogba can be an option to pass to on that pitch and expect him to hold the ball up and link with runs from players.

I'm not defending Torres in any way, I know he's been poor. But yesterday when we were 1-0 up we should of never went defensive, instead we should of brought on Torres and kept either Mata or Sturridge on. Wigan were chasing the game, we could of got them on the break, or exploited the amount of space they left open.

There's no point in discussing it any more, we're neither right or wrong, it's just our opinion. It's pointless.

I'm not defending Torres in any way, I know he's been poor. But yesterday when we were 1-0 up we should of never went defensive, instead we should of brought on Torres and kept either Mata or Sturridge on. Wigan were chasing the game, we could of got them on the break, or exploited the amount of space they left open.

There's no point in discussing it any more, we're neither right or wrong, it's just our opinion. It's pointless.

Well in that case everything is pointless, because it's all opinions on here. But anyway i'm going to answer back and it's your choice if you want to answer me back or not. Putting Torres on would of basically taking a man off, because he would of been invisible the whole game. We are short of options, perhaps putting Kalou on was a good idea, i wasn't happy becaues it's Kalou, but it was attacking decision. Mikel coming on was a bad decision and taking Romeu off was a bad decision, but then again i suppose we don't want to burn him out. But we should of dropped a midfielder back instead, because Mikel is to slow.

Oh and just a quick question for Super-Frank, do you like agreeing with every opinion against me or something?, i think it's a mighty coincidence. If you don't like me, then please do me and yourself a favour of sticking me on ignore.

We shouldn't have sat back the way we did. But Romeu should not have gone off. I understand that the whole idea behind it was to take off a defensive midfielder for an attacking winer but Lampard & Meireles were awful and I am 100% sure that Romeu would have contributed more to our attack than either of those two players ended up doing.

We shouldn't have sat back the way we did. But Romeu should not have gone off. I understand that the whole idea behind it was to take off a defensive midfielder for an attacking winer but Lampard & Meireles were awful and I am 100% sure that Romeu would have contributed more to our attack than either of those two players ended up doing.

You are right in a way, he shouldn't of gone off, but then you have to look at, he's been playing every last 7 games, carling cup and champions league on the side, and perhaps resting him for Spurs was a good idea, but still that cost us.

You are right in a way, he shouldn't of gone off, but then you have to look at, he's been playing every last 7 games, carling cup and champions league on the side, and perhaps resting him for Spurs was a good idea, but still that cost us.

Possibly. But this whole "rest a player to keep him fresh for the next game" always tends to backfire. If he really was tired, he could have been brought off at the 60th minute mark or something. 15 minutes of Romeu yesterday would have been better than 90 minutes of the other two midfielders combined, the way they played

Well in that case everything is pointless, because it's all opinions on here. But anyway i'm going to answer back and it's your choice if you want to answer me back or not. Putting Torres on would of basically taking a man off, because he would of been invisible the whole game. We are short of options, perhaps putting Kalou on was a good idea, i wasn't happy becaues it's Kalou, but it was attacking decision. Mikel coming on was a bad decision and taking Romeu off was a bad decision, but then again i suppose we don't want to burn him out. But we should of dropped a midfielder back instead, because Mikel is to slow.

Oh and just a quick question for Super-Frank, do you like agreeing with every opinion against me or something?, i think it's a mighty coincidence. If you don't like me, then please do me and yourself a favour of sticking me on ignore.

Not true, it's pointless because we're just guessing or predicting what would of happened if Torres came on.

You keep on saying 'would of' and than making it out to be a fact, like for example, 'Putting Torres on would of basically taking a man off' see that's you're opinion, if i disagree it wouldn't mean much to you, and it's very unlikely I could convince you he 'would of' played well because at the end of the day, we both don't know.

So yes, it is a pointless argument.

Nothing to do with you lol, I just agree with the point the other user is making.

Not true, it's pointless because we're just guessing or predicting what would of happened if Torres came on.

You keep on saying 'would of' and than making it out to be a fact, like for example, 'Putting Torres on would of basically taking a man off' see that's you're opinion, if i disagree it wouldn't mean much to you, and it's very unlikely I could convince you he 'would of' played well because at the end of the day, we both don't know.

So yes, it is a pointless argument.

Well obviously, i don't have a crystal ball, all we can do really is go by what we see from them in past games, and i'm going by that. And we've seen that off Torres, that's why i've said it. You had a dig at me for saying Anelka was a legend, in my eyes he is, but that's because i had good memories of Anelka, and i've always liked him, but yes it could be debated that he isn't, and perhaps he didn't do enough but still, this isn't the arguement at the moment. It's not a pointless arguement, if that's the case (this time i'll say it in your sense), then about 95 percent of the forums arguements would of been pointless. I'm going by what i've seen and that's what i've seen from Torres, and i expect no better till we get a better team for him.

Nothing to do with you lol, I just agree with the point the other user is making.

Okay, i just see you doing it with every arguements and bad stuff said about me. And this has been going on for ages, but if you don't have a problem, then fair enough.

Well obviously, i don't have a crystal ball, all we can do really is go by what we see from them in past games, and i'm going by that. And we've seen that off Torres, that's why i've said it. You had a dig at me for saying Anelka was a legend, in my eyes he is, but that's because i had good memories of Anelka, and i've always liked him, but yes it could be debated that he isn't, and perhaps he didn't do enough but still, this isn't the arguement at the moment. It's not a pointless arguement, if that's the case (this time i'll say it in your sense), then about 95 percent of the forums arguements would of been pointless. I'm going by what i've seen and that's what i've seen from Torres, and i expect no better till we get a better team for him.

What I mean by pointless, is that we're not going to get anywhere with this discussion (argument), we can all judge a player from previous games, Like for example, many people said Drogba's finished, but he's started playing well again ( apart from yesterday). Who knows what 'would of' happened yesterday, Torres might of came on and scored, or he might have played poor. We don't know, he never came on so there's no point in discussing this.

'then about 95 percent of the forums arguements would of been pointless'

I wouldn't disagree with that.

What I mean by pointless, is that we're not going to get anywhere with this discussion (argument), we can all judge a player from previous games, Like for example, many people said Drogba's finished, but he's started playing well again ( apart from yesterday). Who knows what 'would of' happened yesterday, Torres might of came on and scored, or he might have played poor. We don't know, he never came on so there's no point in discussing this.

'then about 95 percent of the forums arguements would of been pointless'

I wouldn't disagree with that.

Course there's a point discussing if Torres should or shouldn't of came on. It's a fact no one knows how a player will do well in a match, a manager always takes a risk when bringing a player on, even if it's Lional Messi, and yes it will probably be the tiniest of chances he will play bad if it's messi, but the risk factor still remains. So us as fans can only go on how he has played in the past, and recent matches for Chelsea. We don't see them play in training. And i'm pretty sure most people will agree with me saying that, looking at the past performances of Torres, we can pretty much guess he will come on and run around like a headless chicken and not score, look at his record and look at how poor our team is.

Course there's a point discussing if Torres should or shouldn't of came on. It's a fact no one knows how a player will do well in a match, a manager always takes a risk when bringing a player on, even if it's Lional Messi, and yes it will probably be the tiniest of chances he will play bad if it's messi, but the risk factor still remains. So us as fans can only go on how he has played in the past, and recent matches for Chelsea. We don't see them play in training. And i'm pretty sure most people will agree with me saying that, looking at the past performances of Torres, we can pretty much guess he will come on and run around like a headless chicken and not score, look at his record and look at how poor our team is.

Drogba wasn't much better a couple of months ago, now look at him, (apart from yesterday).

I'm just going over things I've already wrote, I don't think we're going to agree with one another, so I think we should leave it at that. :yes: