Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can I say about yet another failure? Embarrassing... And when I saw the line-up of Malouda, Torres and Lukaku I immediately facepalmed... how on earth do you fit these 3 in attack? But oh well, that's that... it showed in the amount of chances we had - basically none, only a few headed half-chances. Everything went wrong, even McEachran got injured in his rare outing.

And that Maxi goal.... how on EARTH do you leave such space? Robinson Crusoe had less free space on his lonely island than Rodriguez had in our penalty box. We must sign him for sure now!

The only positive I saw was that Turnbull denied Andy fuckin' Carroll's penalty

I still want AVB in charge, but he needs to make a real statement. Cut the crap about a talented squad, about players that can win trophies, about referees and pundits... He has to admit that we are not good enough and therefore, we need changes.

I guess he realizes that already, but obviously cannot admit in public. In the interviews he has to appear strong and needs to show belief in the squad. The shitload of negative coverage Chelsea gets from the media only makes his job tougher.

Unbelievable result today. Surely things can only go upwards from here on? I mean what can be worse than back to back losses to scouse on SB? Must win game against Newcastle to have any hopes of getting something out of December.

Hiddick had the chance to stay that season he came in..he didnt...manager vancany was going again..didnt take it...I dont think he wants it somehow...

That and retire soon anyway and if things go wrong be the same ole 'we need someone else'blah blahblah

Hiddick? :lol:

He was only ever a temp manager & he made that clear. How we would of loved him to stay but he stuck to his word. We could be in a much different position now. But then we would never of had that wonderful season with King Carlo.

Hiddick? :lol:

He was only ever a temp manager & he made that clear. How we would of loved him to stay but he stuck to his word. We could be in a much different position now. But then we would never of had that wonderful season with King Carlo.

Hahaha!!!He changed his name :D time for bed I think lol

Damn, i better look for that tree. still.......

I saw the score n went :(

Then saw the Arsenal score and went :D

Could be worse, it was experimental and was only the CC but a bad result nonetheless. Pretty fucked off tbh

No, it wasn't that bad. We failed in the attacking 3 (because obviously Lukaku IS NOT A FUCKING WINGER) and they got us on the counter attack. Then a set piece and bam, 2:0 down. Torres was bad playing like he did last season, but, if my memory is right, there wasn't a single usable ball for him. All the balls he received were at his feet with defender(s) on him which ended with him losing the ball and considering we were playing Liverpool it wasn't easy.

Lukaku didnt play on the wing today, we played a diamond with Torres and Lukaku upfront

In theory he didn't, but he ended being everywhere except in front of the goal where Torres was....

I disagree... Torres and Lukaku swapped positions. Before Lukaku got subbed he was more central than Torres... both were wasted out wide, sadly. That's why I didn't understand that line-up, nor playing a diamond - it never works for us.

Depressing. That first goal that we conceded really worries me, look at the amount of time and space Henderson has to pick his pass to Bellamy, if we are going to play a high line (as was the case for the goal) then there must be pressure on the ball at all times, Henderson has the freedom of Stamford Bridge to make his pass and from there its an elementary goal, it all comes from a lack of pressure on the ball. Also really seem to struggle to defend those whipped in free kicks that the second goal game from, surely someone should have pinpointed that by now and worked on it.

Can every past, present and future Chelsea manager accept that the diamond doesn't work for us. Tonight was another example of the deadweight in the squad, Malouda was anonymous, Alex was a mistake waiting to happen (and it did) and Nic Anelka has lost total conviction in 1 on 1 situations. Shame that Josh picked up an injury but it doesn't matter because the Carling Cup is over so he wouldn't be playing anyway.

Worst of all was Torres. This will surely rank as one of his worst Chelsea performances, next to anonymous. At the other end, the other mega money January deal, Andy Carroll, might have missed a penalty (a really poor penalty at that) but his general play was very good, he led the line well and was always a threat and a focal point for his teammates to play off of, in complete contrast our more expensive centre forward exhibited all of the threat of a rather lost looking puppy dog, alongside him Lukaku didn't seem on top of his game either but he looked significantly better than Torres. Had we not recently bought him for 50 million I would have included him in the deadweight section, this was the most depressing aspect of the game.

Looking for positives, Romeu was easily our best player on the night, Ramires looked lively when he came on and my hatred of Phil Dowd continues to rise.