Bundesliga Thread

Amblève.

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

It's a big shame we never got Douglas Costa. Obviously our opinions on a forum don't get fed to Roman, so we don't influence things, but 90% of people were saying he'd be shit, we shouldn't go for him, etc etc etc, based on... absolutely nothing, it was based on. Nothing. And now he's showing everyone why we were linked in the first place. If he was at Barcelona he'd be compared to Ronaldinho.

Yeah he is fucking good and really direct.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Every football fan should watch Robben's match-winning goal vs Leipzig today. And while you're watching, keep in mind he's doing it in the 96th min of the match.

I've been a Robben fan since EURO 2004. He simply refuses to get old. He won't even allow never-ending injuries to stop him. The man is relentless. Turned into a proper football legend after his move to Bayern.

23 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Every football fan should watch Robben's match-winning goal vs Leipzig today. And while you're watching, keep in mind he's doing it in the 96th min of the match.

I've been a Robben fan since EURO 2004. He simply refuses to get old. He won't even allow never-ending injuries to stop him. The man is relentless. Turned into a proper football legend after his move to Bayern.

He is incredible, i am not sure sure what i am more impressed by; his amazing talent or the fact he plays at high level despite many injuries during his career. injuries typically pile up on the body but not for Robben. Freak of nature.

Also Julian Nagelsmann is tremendously talented young coach, hope they pass Dortmund and get automatic CL qualification

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Bayern wins the DFL Supercup. Dortmund was better,especially in the second half but Bayern with a lot of luck manages to score a late equalizer and in the end they won on penalties.

There is one thing that puzzles me. Bayern always are the first team taking pks in a shootout. I can not remeber a single time it has been different. Surely no coincidenxe. Time for the tiebreak Mode to be introduced,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is just crazy that you quite likely will have all of the following old giant teams out of the Bundesliga next season

Schalke

Werder Bremen (the only one who can stay in, but they have to beat or draw with Gladbach to do so and hope Arminia Bielefeld doesnt win or draw if Werder draws)

Hamburg

Köln

that is 4 of the top 9 all-time teams in the historical table, including the 3rd and 4th top teams all time

and Stuttgart, 5th all-time, only just clawed themselves back in

in the next 10, Hertha could have easily went down, and Bochum just came back up

all told, 11 of the top 20 all-time team may well be out, and it easily could have been 14 of the top 20 all time